The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Facing a wait to hear back from the admissions tutor.
Original post by rohitronaldo
and when do we hear about our new ".ox.ac.uk" e-mail id......damn, feeling very elitist already.

you get that when you register online, which should be in the next couple of weeks (IIRC people who had unconditional offers got theirs a little earlier than those who had to wait for results, but not too long). i think you also need to sign a few things before you get your email account, which are sent to you by your college. be prepared for lots of paperwork and waiting over the next few weeks! hah.
Original post by Sempiternitas
Well done Beth! :biggrin:

Reply 2803
Hey, hope everyone is enjoying their results day as much as I am ^^

Just one query, my UCAS Track says that my insurance is unconditional (update on the 15th) and my firm (Oxford) is still conditional, even though I got all the necessary grades. Is this normal? Should I be worrying or maybe even phoning up?

Thanks to whoever replies. :smile:
Original post by sleungs
Hey, hope everyone is enjoying their results day as much as I am ^^

Just one query, my UCAS Track says that my insurance is unconditional (update on the 15th) and my firm (Oxford) is still conditional, even though I got all the necessary grades. Is this normal? Should I be worrying or maybe even phoning up?

Thanks to whoever replies. :smile:

That should be fine, Oxford took a while to update my conditional offer (and others on here!) - so don't worry! :smile:
Woo track just updated to unconditional - and I got A*A*A* :biggrin:

Well done to everyone else that got in! And to those who missed their offer - I'm sure any uni will be an amazing experience with loads of changes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2806
Hooray "Congratulations! Your place at Oxford University (O33) to study History and Politics (LV21) has been confirmed." *massive sigh of relief*

Anyone else for St. Catz/History and Politics? Have any History and Politics people received reading lists yet, or will that come through St Catz in the days/weeks to come?
"Congratulations! Your place at Oxford University (O33) to study English Literature and Language (Q300) has been confirmed."

Phhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww!
Original post by amystm
Hooray "Congratulations! Your place at Oxford University (O33) to study History and Politics (LV21) has been confirmed." *massive sigh of relief*

Anyone else for St. Catz/History and Politics? Have any History and Politics people received reading lists yet, or will that come through St Catz in the days/weeks to come?

Hello! St Catz (soon to be) second-year historian here, great to see someone with the same subject/college combination (well, nearly). From reading the incoming freshers list to identify our college children I think I know who you are... Amy, right? Not that the username wasn't a clue :wink: I'm not your college mum, but I know your parents - they'll probably be in touch soon.

You'll get your reading list along with your freshers' pack, at least I did - that's when they'll ask you to choose your modules, as well. So don't panic, you'll get it soon :smile: In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions about Catz/history that you want!

Btw, you're at the best college :biggrin:
Reply 2809
Well done to everyone on your results etc..

I seem to remember seeing on the Oxford website a chart listing the number of students per course by college, but can't seem to find it again myself. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Original post by dbmag9
Well done to everyone on your results etc..

I seem to remember seeing on the Oxford website a chart listing the number of students per course by college, but can't seem to find it again myself. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is it this page? I can't find more recent ones I'm afraid.
Reply 2811
Original post by Festina lente
Is it this page? I can't find more recent ones I'm afraid.

Yeah, it's that, thanks. :biggrin:
Original post by Zoedotdot
No clicking necessary, it's all sorted already! :smile:

Thanks, and thanks in general for being so helpful around these parts today!
Reply 2814

Hey, no one parties harder than monks, man.
Original post by dbmag9
Hey, no one parties harder than monks, man.

Archbishop of Banterbury
Woohoo!
Put me on the list.
In.

I can imagine they have the greatest spiritual highs ever. Whilst we're all drowning in every alcoholic concoction under the sun, all the chaps at St Stephen's are sitting in a circle speaking to God and stroking his beard.
Freshers' Week emails came today! Ah! :dance:
Reply 2819
Anyone else going to Queen's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending