The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

People with confirmed accommodation offers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Gilbert Murray Stamford
Launde House First Floor Room 18
Gilbert Murray Stamford 18 Manor Road Leicester LE2 2LH
Premium Single Room
02/10/2011 to 17/12/2011
15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012
Accommodation Type: Catered

Applied for GMS self-catered en-suite, bit gutted about having catered instead of self-catered, but hey. Can't be too picky, I got a place and I suppose all the best places fill up quickly with people who have unconditional offers and gap year students. :smile:
Very excited to meet any new future neighbours!
(edited 12 years ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
So chuffed i got in!

Gilbert Murray Stamford-Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 Room 12 - premium ensuite self catered!

Got just what I wanted! Hope I get some lively neighbours!! :biggrin:
Reply 122
Original post by ascottheyes
I'm in Wistow House in Gilbert Murray Stamford. Can't even find that bit of those halls on the site! Want to see what I've been signed up for! HELP!

I could help with some questions; I was in GMS last year in Skeffington house.

Launde, Lowesby, Skeffington, Somerby, Stapleford, Wistow, Withcote are all the same so anyone in these I could help.

although wistow and withcote are en suite blocks

:smile:
Reply 123
Original post by molly2005
my friend was in Medbourne, its lovely :smile: I'm in Leire the block next door :smile:

Ah! You made my night! I haven't seen it since I live abroad, so I'm glad you approve :biggrin:
Reply 124
The next year of my life will be spent at Wistow house, ground floor. Anyone else sharing this experience with me?
Its really nice :smile: I've stayed there twice.
Reply 126
Oh, a quick question: as my lease is only for 30 weeks instead of 39 weeks, will I have to move all of my stuff out of my room during the holidays?
(Launde House, first floor, catered)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by AshleyS92
Oh, a quick question: as my lease is only for 30 weeks instead of 39 weeks, will I have to move all of my stuff out of my room during the holidays?
(Launde House, first floor, catered)

Yepp, all catered students have to
Reply 128
Ah, cheers for the info. Much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by lrs_17

What?! That's so annoying :frown:
Original post by Kelsie
The next year of my life will be spent at Wistow house, ground floor. Anyone else sharing this experience with me?

I'm in Wistow house, first floor :biggrin:
Original post by lrs_17

Seriously?! I'm from Northern Ireland! That's going to be bloody awkward :/ I also have a bunch of special dietry requirements so no idea how catered is going to work for me. Won't be able to eat half of it.
Reply 132
Original post by kiss__this_x
What?! That's so annoying :frown:

Yeeeh, why I'm glad I'm a gap year student :/
Reply 133
I'm in Wistow house, first floor :biggrin:

Me too :biggrin: I'm room 21, where are you? x
Reply 134
Seriously?! I'm from Northern Ireland! That's going to be bloody awkward :/ I also have a bunch of special dietry requirements so no idea how catered is going to work for me. Won't be able to eat half of it.

I'm sure they'll have to cater for you, phone the accommodation office up and see if they can, or maybe switch you because of your special circumstances?
Original post by lrs_17
I'm sure they'll have to cater for you, phone the accommodation office up and see if they can, or maybe switch you because of your special circumstances?

I'm going to phone them tomorrow morning and see :smile: I'll figure something out either way! I'm in, That's all that really matters!
Reply 136
Original post by prerna_agarwal
Hey! just received an offer for Nixon Court! Anybody else staying there??

Original post by Trumpcard
Will be in Nixon Court as well.

What building etc you guys in?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 137
Original post by Mudya
If anybody wants any info on Nixon Court (Premium+ single room), quote me :smile:

Thats the room I got, is that what you had last year, any good?
Reply 138
Original post by Wilzyy
Thats the room I got, is that what you had last year, any good?

Yes I got Nixon Court last year. I shared a flat with 10 people (all girls). It wasn't as hectic as I thought it would be, but we had major heating issues! They don't have modern central heating, instead they have these very large boilers that look like dishwashers, which make the kitchen really hot, and when its already warm outside, not very nice. You can't leave your food out in the summer! But honestly it wasn't that bad at all, its so close to uni, Morrisons, Odeon, Nandos and the city centre - big big pluses! Plus you get to stay over the summer, most Oadby people have to move out completely.

They try and group first years together - and with people who are similar to them, e.g. one of my flatmates was also from Manchester, who lived 10 minutes from me :smile: Also 4 of my flatmates shared the same course. I was told N.C was going to be full of international/post grade students, and if I'm being honest, it probably was, but all my flatmates except one were 1st years, and from the UK.

Its not as 'loud' as Oadby but uni is what you make of it. I only had issues with the flat itself, not the people I met and for the price, its worth it!
Don't worry about sharing toilets and showers, its fine, you get a cleaner in every week.

Anything else you wanted to know? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 139
Original post by Mudya
Yes I got Nixon Court last year. I shared a flat with 10 people (all girls). It wasn't as hectic as I thought it would be, but we had major heating issues! They don't have modern central heating, instead they have these very large boilers that look like dishwashers, which make the kitchen really hot, and when its already warm outside, not very nice. You can't leave your food out in the summer! But honestly it wasn't that bad at all, its so close to uni, Morrisons, Odeon, Nandos and the city centre - big big pluses! Plus you get to stay over the summer, most Oadby people have to move out completely.

They try and group first years together - and with people who are similar to them, e.g. one of my flatmates was also from Manchester, who lived 10 minutes from me :smile: Also 4 of my flatmates shared the same course. I was told N.C was going to be full of international/post grade students, and if I'm being honest, it probably was, but all my flatmates except one were 1st years, and from the UK.

Its not as 'loud' as Oadby but uni is what you make of it. I only had issues with the flat itself, not the people I met and for the price, its worth it!
Don't worry about sharing toilets and showers, its fine, you get a cleaner in every week.

Anything else you wanted to know? :smile:

aah brilliant, this makes me feel better! yeah i heard it was all postgrad/international so wasnt that keen but rang up and they said i had a completely undergrad flat, so jus decided id leave it. cant be that bad if its right next to nandos and cinema too haha. how far away from the city centre is it? looks like a 45min walk :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest