The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
winging has screwed me to this point, so gonna actually work and see what i can actually do, lol. Apparently you get kicked out once you fail a couple of times?

Yeh I can imagine winging it isn't going to always get me through to be honest. I may have to work at some point but the thought of a lot of work is very daunting :emo:
Original post by Scarface-Don
AAAB today (A's in maths chemistry and dutch, b in biology)
Not as high as some people here but I will be trying :wink:

Might as well give it a shot than not even try. :wink:

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Thanks for the reassurance :smile:
I hope it goes up enough to meet the requirements. Whether or not i hit the A* in maths will be an added bonus but i won't fret over it.

Hopefully! That's all you can do for now. I remember getting remarks last year - one module went lower (:rolleyes:) and the other stayed the same (needed one of two marks :sigh:) but I'm still glad I went through with it because at least I covered every area rather than thinking later "what if my grade could've gone up?"

Original post by Aysh161
I got ABB would it be possible for me to re apply and get an offer the A was in bio. I'm so gutted I missed my offer

It is possible to reapply however, where you apply will be very limited as not many universities accept resits.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dmz
what did joemullaly get?

2 A*'s 2A's

got 100% in my psychology exam too .

Missed out on A*'s in ICT and chem by 22 and 14 UMS respectively.

Tbf with chem I got 90% all the way through and got a borderline A at the end,
It's bittersweet because i'm so Happy.
penguingsayquack
(hope it works.
And PSQ if you're stalking this which I know you will be :P
You;re a beast too.

Btw showed my tutor my ps and she said Oh that wont do and said I need to make more of my MLA job and less of the welsh youth team thing. What do you think?

Oh and guys. I'm 14 pints down and covered in UV paint.

I have 2nd Hep A a dentist appointment and work tommorow.
Help!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3043
Original post by joemullally
2 A*'s 2A's

(hope it works.
You;re a beast too.

Btw showed my tutor my ps and she said Oh that wont do and said I need to make more of my MLA job and less of the welsh youth team thing. What do you think?

Help!

Well done dude!! VERY PROUD OF YOU! (horrible english right there, just shows how happy i am, lol) Off to bed!
Original post by dmz
Well done dude!! VERY PROUD OF YOU! (horrible english right there, just shows how happy i am, lol) Off to bed!

I should be too but i'm having a couple of pints of water before I get to bed, hopefully I wont have a headache tommorow morning.
2 A*'s 2A's

(hope it works.
You;re a beast too.

Help!

:lol:

You are too messy to be discussing ANYTHING medicine related right now. Just you simmer doon hen and get to bed. :sexface:
Original post by Harbour Seal
:lol:

You are too messy to be discussing ANYTHING medicine related right now. Just you simmer doon hen and get to bed. :sexface:

Bed is a good idea.
I'm making a proper effort though, typing like

Is it wrong to feel bad that everyones leving again?
Because my friends are a year older,
They're all left last year.
and now hte this year people are doing it agian.
I mean a lot of the As's are all right
But i;m worried they wont be as fun as my mates.

#and part of me really wants to fgo to uni with people my own age.
I hope there's a lot of gappers in my future halls, wherever I end up.
Bed is a good idea.
I'm making a proper effort though, typing like

Is it wrong to feel bad that everyones leving again?
Because my friends are a year older,
They're all left last year.
and now hte this year people are doing it agian.
I mean a lot of the As's are all right
But i;m worried they wont be as fun as my mates.

#and part of me really wants to fgo to uni with people my own age.
I hope there's a lot of gappers in my future halls, wherever I end up.

I am 24 and spent the last year going to 18th birthday parties. It was ****ing ace.

GO. TO. BED. *waggles finger*
You;re a beast too.

Help!

I would have replied sooner if you had quoted me correctly :tongue:

Thanks man, sounds like you're already preparing for life as a medic! :cheers:

I don't know what I'm more proud of, the grades or the alcoholism :moon:

Really happy for you and good luck with tomorrow.. if you do anything I will be impressed :yep:
A*AA, 5 agonising UMS off in Chemistry.

I don't know where I'm applying, I wasn't taking the application seriously until I got my results but now need to do some serious UKCAT prep and PS.

My AS UMS isn't very high but I got the grades for Cambridge, is it worth trying? I really wanted to last year but didn't have any A* predictions.
Ive been stalking this thread for a while now and thought i'd jump in!

Im reapplying too, i applied to UCL, imperial, st georges and east anglia. Just like everyone else here I got 4 rejections :frown:

Today I got:
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
Psychology AS: a

Any suggestions on where to apply for 2012?
Original post by thecookiem0nster
Ive been stalking this thread for a while now and thought i'd jump in!

Im reapplying too, i applied to UCL, imperial, st georges and east anglia. Just like everyone else here I got 4 rejections :frown:

Today I got:
Maths A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
Psychology AS: a

Any suggestions on where to apply for 2012?

Well with those grades you can apply wherever you want :tongue:

Why did you get rejected this year? Did you get any feedback from the unis?
Reply 3052
I know i'm late, and quoting doesn't seem to work/would be difficult to quote everyone I want to congratulate/console.

So yeah, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone, you worked your hardest, and I'm really glad most of you have the grades you deserve. And for those of you who didn't get the zillion A*'s you deserve, (FunsizedKarateGeek, I'm thinking of you especially) remark, and hope for the best. I think you do get your money refunded, so hopefully you will. Really am gutted for you, and everyone else - you all deserve amazing results!

And now my newssss:
UKCAT; I thought he'd printed the wrong results sheet to start with. (the average is definitely right, can't be bothered to check the rest!)
VR: 690
QR: 850
AR: 640
DA: 820
Meaning an average of 752.5 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And for results:
Chem: A*
Bio: A*
Maths: A*
Further maths: A

Includign, I'm told, full marks in all A2 chem modules, and the final bio exam! I actually cannot believe it...
Original post by twelve
I know i'm late, and quoting doesn't seem to work/would be difficult to quote everyone I want to congratulate/console.

So yeah, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone, you worked your hardest, and I'm really glad most of you have the grades you deserve. And for those of you who didn't get the zillion A*'s you deserve, (FunsizedKarateGeek, I'm thinking of you especially) remark, and hope for the best. I think you do get your money refunded, so hopefully you will. Really am gutted for you, and everyone else - you all deserve amazing results!

And now my newssss:
UKCAT; I thought he'd printed the wrong results sheet to start with. (the average is definitely right, can't be bothered to check the rest!)

And for results:

Includign, I'm told, full marks in all A2 chem modules, and the final bio exam! I actually cannot believe it...

:zomg:

That's fantastic!!

Congratulations twelve, seems like the 2011 reapplicants have fierce competition.

Well done :biggrin:
Reply 3054
Original post by twelve

And now my newssss:

Can I ask what you got last year? Just for a bit of perspective.
Reapplying, is it the same as applying last year? i.e. UCAS etc? Or do we use something else?
Original post by twelve

And now my newssss:

And for results:

god you're such a slut for having such an amazing ukcat.

haha congratulations :smile: you can officially apply absolutely anywhere :wink: i myself will be gracing my application to non ukcat whores unfortunately, however ive come to accept that ill never be any good at verbal reasoning and that it's proper gay.

Well done on the grades :biggrin:
Where do you know you're definitely applying too love?
Original post by twelve

And now my newssss:

And for results:

Don't apply to Glasgow or Dundee please :frown:

Man, you are just ACE. How did you do so well on QR and DA?
Original post by twelve

And now my newssss:

And for results:

First of all, congrats on those epic grades and UKCAT score :smile: Last year in VR, I found it really hard to read the long passages AND answer the ques in time. Any advice pleeeeeease?
(edited 12 years ago)
wow, so this thread is depressing....

3 A's and B and 2b's at AS but I'm going to do physics AS this year me thinks :smile:
B was in general

A's in biology,chemistry and maths.

Not started prepping for ukcat at all, but i'm bloody determined!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending