The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

As early as you want :wink: Though make sure you get useful stuff from them - cinnamons plan of getting your dad to go to ASDA is useful :yes: I also used Endsleigh for insurance, you can sort it all out on the day, they have numerous Endsleigh reps floating about on campus.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Endsleigh will have a stand on Campus, probably outside the Blackwells book shop at some point during freshers week, if not more than once. There will be reps floating around too so go and speak to one of them :h:
Reply 1302
Although I didn't make my firm, coming to Kent for architecture is still very exciting!! Only now I need my student visa and for that to happen the CAS. Also how do you get your Student ID for Kent in order to do the basic payments, etc. .??
I think I want to get a UoK hoodie. Do people actually wear them? :tongue:
Original post by jaydemikaela

Loads. I wear mine all the time, expecially for lounging :p:
Reply 1305
I have another question, I applied for accommodation today since only today I found out about the results.... I hope I get accommodation.. Otherwise I am screwed!!! How big is my chance of having a roof over my head on campus?
Original post by Loz17
Loads. I wear mine all the time, expecially for lounging :p:

Okay good thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Gulce
I have another question, I applied for accommodation today since only today I found out about the results.... I hope I get accommodation.. Otherwise I am screwed!!! How big is my chance of having a roof over my head on campus?

Well done on getting to Kent :biggrin:

Did you go to Kent as your insurance uni - if so, definitely a room. If as a Clearing student, you *should* be guarenteed a room as they've been building an extra 500 rooms on campus :smile: (I hope this is all correct!)
Anyone (like me) miss out on Pharmacy but been offered foundation pharmacy? (medway) :colondollar:
Reply 1309
ahhh i sooo want to do pharmacy cant get any places!! :angry:
Original post by pablo07
ahhh i sooo want to do pharmacy cant get any places!! :angry:

What about the foundation course? Better than nothing?
Reply 1311
yeah but none of the courses available ive tried everything,
the least i got was pharmacology which was due to a course change but if i can i want to do straight pharmacy
I wanna get into to Kent, soooo frikkin baaaaad!
Original post by pablo07
yeah but none of the courses available ive tried everything,
the least i got was pharmacology which was due to a course change but if i can i want to do straight pharmacy

Maybe you can change after 1st year? Might be worth enquiring about
Reply 1314
ive enquired about that they said i can transfer but is it likely to get transfered what if they uni just back stab you and say no your grade in first year and not good enough. im happy doing that but i want to keep trying

or.... is it worth me going abroad for pharmacy worst comes to worst?
Original post by pablo07
ive enquired about that they said i can transfer but is it likely to get transfered what if they uni just back stab you and say no your grade in first year and not good enough. im happy doing that but i want to keep trying

or.... is it worth me going abroad for pharmacy worst comes to worst?

If they offer you a place, say a minimum 2.i in your 1st year then they shouldn't not let you.

The thing with that is you need to be careful as you may have to do additional training to become a member of the RPSGB, and you need that to practise pharmacy in the UK.
Reply 1316
i am not concerned how long it takes because even if i take this risk of phamacology what if i dont get the grades to transfer then im screwed,

i got the chance to go out as my family would back me but thats last resort. this is to australia however i want to do my best to get into a university in the uk
Original post by Gulce
Although I didn't make my firm, coming to Kent for architecture is still very exciting!! Only now I need my student visa and for that to happen the CAS. Also how do you get your Student ID for Kent in order to do the basic payments, etc. .??

You need to enroll with your student number which they'll email you, it's also on the acceptance letter you'll get. Once you've enrolled and sent them a picture, you then register and pick up your student ID from the sports center during freshers week. Or were you referring to something else? I wasn't sure. :redface:
Original post by jaydemikaela

I virtually live in mine! :biggrin:

Congrats to all of you lovely new freshers on getting in!! You're going to love Kent :biggrin: I'm a third year (nearly!) Classical & Archaeological Studies student, lived in Parkwood flats in my first year, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me :smile:
Reply 1319
Whooooooooo
international business!!!! Sooo happy!!
Who else is doing it?!?!
Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending