Chemistry 85%
General Studies 86%

All A's....very very happy as it was completely and truly unexpected :biggrin:
Reply 1521
Maths 93%
Economics 97%
History 78%
Politics 77%

inconsistency, so close to 4As. Undoubtably very pleased with economics and maths.
Got an a* in maths this year 95% average in c3 /4
Economics 93 %
geography 93 %

Taking further maths next year

Looking at Warwick, exeter, lse and bath

Good enough for Cambridge?
Original post by alexsmith_85
Got an a* in maths this year 95% average in c3 /4
Economics 93 %
geography 93 %

Taking further maths next year

Looking at Warwick, exeter, lse and bath

Good enough for Cambridge?

You have over 90% UMS average, so chances are you'll get an interview - it's worth a go. :yep:
Seeing as though everyone else is;

Economics; 98%
Maths: 97%
Physics: 96% (Lost all my marks in the practical as I messed up an experiment, and got thje wrong results :frown: )
Chemistry: 83%

taking FM A/s next year, and continuing all of the above to A2

Will the chemistry UMS mark effect an Cambridge app, so do they still consider your fourth a-level and expect you to get 90+?

EDIT: And well done everyone for their great marks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by crazy1234
Will the chemistry UMS mark effect an Cambridge app, so do they still consider your fourth a-level and expect you to get 90+?

It will obviously have some effect but not much.
Reply 1526
Everyone has done so well! Well done everyone :smile:

I got AAAA in Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Biology.

95% average over the four and 97% average in my top 3! :eek:
Well done everyone! I'm in the year below so waiting for GCSEs but was just wondering if anyone else will be attending/ has attended the iea's stare if the economy seminar in Exeter college Oxford this coming september?
Reply 1528
Seeing as though everyone else is;

Economics; 98%
Maths: 97%
Physics: 96% (Lost all my marks in the practical as I messed up an experiment, and got thje wrong results :frown: )
Chemistry: 83%

taking FM A/s next year, and continuing all of the above to A2

EDIT: And well done everyone for their great marks :smile:

Well done mate! We got such similar results for Economics and Maths :tongue: I also lost all my marks from Biology from the practicals :colondollar:

As far as I understand it they look at your top 3 when considering whether or not to invite you to interview, but they will probably still consider it, yes.
Original post by tooambitious
Well done everyone! I'm in the year below so waiting for GCSEs but was just wondering if anyone else will be attending/ has attended the iea's stare if the economy seminar in Exeter college Oxford this coming september?

I'm attending something run by the IEA at Exeter college on the 13th sept?? Is that the same one?
Original post by Tateco
Well done mate! We got such similar results for Economics and Maths :tongue: I also lost all my marks from Biology from the practicals :colondollar:

As far as I understand it they look at your top 3 when considering whether or not to invite you to interview, but they will probably still consider it, yes.

Thanks :smile: Well done on your marks to, your averages look great even over four subjects. Lol, the practicals are so annoying :smile:

Well my average over all four is still over 90 so it should be fine (just realised now), but hopefully they wont be to bothered about the actual marks as it is an fourth A-level and I still got an A...
I'm attending something run by the IEA at Exeter college on the 13th sept?? Is that the same one?

Yeah :smile:, I'm going on the 14th though
Original post by alex_hk90
I'm a PS Helper on the site, so if you submit your PS in the PS Help forum I'm one of the people who could have a look at it. There are quite a few active Economics PS Helpers at the moment so there's no guarantee that I'll be the one who reviews your PS.

My PS is on the social science section, if you don't mind and have look please if you have time.
Thanks =)
Reply 1533
Will not getting an A* in maths mean that it's not a good idea to apply for economics at Cambridge? My results were
Maths C1-89 C2-84 C3-89 C4-87 S1-80 D1-87 (I did the entire A level at school, but resat the A2 part this year).

Economics 1st Paper-91/100 2nd paper-98/100

Physics 1st paper-90/90 2nd paper-150/150 coursework-54/60

ICT- 234/280

I will also be doing FM next year.

Any advice?
Reply 1534
89.5% - Economics
89.5% - Politics
87% - Maths
77.5% - History

Considering I was 5 marks off History for an A... Was so frustrated, but it seems everyone in my class messed up on the Stalin paper. My B in S1 let me down, but a good 94% average for C1 and C2.. Guess UMS won't matter much since I'm not applying to Cambridge ^.^

Congrats to everyone else on their results!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by oli949
Will not getting an A* in maths mean that it's not a good idea to apply for economics at Cambridge? My results were
Maths C1-89 C2-84 C3-89 C4-87 S1-80 D1-87 (I did the entire A level at school, but resat the A2 part this year).

Economics 1st Paper-91/100 2nd paper-98/100

Physics 1st paper-90/90 2nd paper-150/150 coursework-54/60

ICT- 234/280

I will also be doing FM next year.

Any advice?

Hmm that's difficult to say. If you do well at FM they will probably still consider you. So it depends whether you are confident to get an A in FM or maybe even A*. You should ring up the Admissions Office. They can give better advice :smile:

Your other UMS marks look good so far
Reply 1536
Hey guys these are my AS grades :

Maths A
- Core 1 84/100
- Core 2 91/100
- Stats 1 70/100 (resitting)

Economics A
- Econ 1 - 81/100
- Econ 2 - 100/100

Law - A
- Law01 - 77/100 (resitting)
- Law02 87/100

History (dropped) - C
- Unit 1 55/100
- Unit 2 82/100

What do you think my chances are of getting offers from unis such as :

St Andrews
Exeter
York
Birmingham

GCSE : A*AAABBBB

Cheers!
OK, so I got my AS results and have no idea what to do now :confused:

Maths - 91%
Further Maths - 86%
Economics - 85% (possible remark of Unit 2)
Physics - 89%

I'm definitely going to apply to Oxbridge, if only for the experience, but I am completely avoiding the LSE. Apart from that, I am completely stuck for my choices. There are so many subtleties to university applications and I don't know which unis I have a realistic chance of success.

Anyone in a similar situation or can recommend a university?
Reply 1538
Original post by Irrational
OK, so I got my AS results and have no idea what to do now :confused:

Maths - 91%
Further Maths - 86%
Economics - 85% (possible remark of Unit 2)
Physics - 89%

I'm definitely going to apply to Oxbridge, if only for the experience, but I am completely avoiding the LSE. Apart from that, I am completely stuck for my choices. There are so many subtleties to university applications and I don't know which unis I have a realistic chance of success.

Anyone in a similar situation or can recommend a university?

You have good subjects. I personally think you would have more of a chance at Oxford or LSE than Cambridge, as they look at UMS scores and successful applicants frequently have more than 90% average across their subjects.

Other than that I think you have a realistic chance anywhere, if your GCSEs are good then apply wherever you fancy! Try get an A* prediction in Maths, though.
Maths- A: 83%
Economics- B: 79%
German- B: 79%
Physics (dropping)- D: 56%

My two best subjects (econ and german) where both 2 UMS from an A so i'm getting them remarked its a shame :frown: I'm pretty happy overall though. I'm not applying to Oxbridge either so I'm hoping my predicted grades of A*AA and an exceptional PS and reference will stand me in good stead to apply to the likes of

Nottingham/Bristol/Southampton

Latest

Trending

Trending