The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brendan.
Freshers' Week emails came today! Ah! :dance:

What did they say?
Original post by micky022
What did they say?

There's literally about 26 documents attached, with different information from Matriculation, to a map of Oxford, the Blue Book, Medical Arrangements, Freshers' Week schedule, JCR timetables, Fees information, and forms to fill out! aaah! :biggrin:
There's literally about 26 documents attached, with different information from Matriculation, to a map of Oxford, the Blue Book, Medical Arrangements, Freshers' Week schedule, JCR timetables, Fees information, and forms to fill out! aaah! :biggrin:

Ah I'm jealous now, I haven't had any contact from SEH or UCAS. Need my AS12 :frown:
Ah I'm jealous now, I haven't had any contact from SEH or UCAS. Need my AS12 :frown:

It'll come! I got a letter this morning from ChCh confirming my place has been 'assured', but no UCAS letter yet..
It'll come! I got a letter this morning from ChCh confirming my place has been 'assured', but no UCAS letter yet..

If the UCAS letters are like Track, it'll be October by the time we get them...

Got a letter from Hertford too! :biggrin:

At least I know it's definately not a mistake now :p:
Original post by soutioirsim

i think we may become relatively well aquainted in lets say ooooo a month and a half

which subject?

Cool what's in it?
If the UCAS letters are like Track, it'll be October by the time we get them...

True, very true. :biggrin:

I know! Even though I knew yesterday I got the grades, it still didn't feel real until I got the letter from them today!
Original post by RupertTheBear
Cool what's in it?

Just a confirmation of my place at the college :biggrin:

Original post by hattierosie
i think we may become relatively well aquainted in lets say ooooo a month and a half

which subject?

Sweet, it's becoming quite real now! :smile: Physics, you?
Just got my Freshers' Pack from St Hugh's with all my information in it! I'm so excited now, it all seems a lot more real than it did yesterday.
Jealous.

I got my letter from Magdalen confirming my place. Anxiously waiting for the Freshers' information, I feel like I might split in two with excitement.
Reply 2832
I'm in! And I'm going to Christ Church (I had an open offer)! Now for the mound of paperwork...................... I got 9 emails with 26 attachments from christ church the morning
Reply 2833
Original post by Lucius
I'm in! And I'm going to Christ Church (I had an open offer)! Now for the mound of paperwork...................... I got 9 emails with 26 attachments from christ church the morning

Christ Church lawyer here (wow that sounds weird!) Am I the only one finding it hard to understand loads of what the attachments say? God knows how I'll cope with the degree!
Reply 2834
Anybody going to Magdalen had their letter - if so does it have accomodation info in? Can't wait for freshers :smile:
Email from St Catz with a link to loads of attachments :biggrin:
Exciting, but is kind of ruined by the fact that I got concussed during results day partying and using the laptop/reading them is giving me a mega headache :frown:
Just got my SEH email with a WebLearn link to a boatload of stuff. WOO
Original post by sabreese
Anybody going to Magdalen had their letter - if so does it have accomodation info in? Can't wait for freshers :smile:

No, it was pretty much "congratulations, see you in October".
Reply 2838
Woo, lots and lots of forms and informational stuff! Filling this all in from Berlin is probably going to be a bit of a pain though. Ah well, time enough to distract myself by comparing the three almost-identical gown/cap/tie offers. :p:

Also the freshers letter on WebLearn links to the Facebook group I made. :cool:
Reply 2839
Congratz all. Though has anyone else not received anything since meeting their offer?

Quick Reply

Latest