The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by dmz
Well done guys, and for the ones who UCAS screwed, things only gets better, trust me. Good luck everyone

Enjoy Leeds. My daughter won't be joining you - she falls into the 'screwed' category. Hope it's everything you're looking forward to.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2761
Original post by Mother2
Enjoy Leeds. My daughter won't be joining you - she falls into the 'screwed' category. Hope it's everything you're looking forward to.

****! No way, what is she doing now?! so so so so upset for her, must be the worst feeling ever
Congratulations to everyone who's coming to Leeds! See you all next month!

To anyone who didn't get their grades: best of luck with clearing, your gap year, or whatever other plans you have for the future! I hope everything works out for you! :smile:
Reply 2763

Original post by dmz
****! No way, what is she doing now?! so so so so upset for her, must be the worst feeling ever

She's got a Medical Science insurance offer, so she is deciding whether to take that or resit and reapply. So few unis accept resits though and she could end up doing Med Science anyway but paying £9000 in fees :-(
The other option is to reapply and resit in her first year at uni - also not a great option.

She got A*AB - B in Chemistry. There are a few others in the same boat judging by posts on here and on FB - all with Chemistry as the problem.

Original post by dmz
Reply 2764
Original post by Mother2
She's got a Medical Science insurance offer, so she is deciding whether to take that or resit and reapply. So few unis accept resits though and she could end up doing Med Science anyway but paying £9000 in fees :-(
The other option is to reapply and resit in her first year at uni - also not a great option.

She got A*AB - B in Chemistry. There are a few others in the same boat judging by posts on here and on FB - all with Chemistry as the problem.

Awww that really sucks, you'd think they'd let it slide seeing as it's the same as 3A's. The problem with a lot of uni's are going to be resits, might be 1 or 2 uni that'll take her grade, BSMS if they haven't changed, but it's a risky business focusing on one uni. From what i've figured, grad entry is cheaper at the moment but i guess she'll have to look at all her options first. So so sorry to hear that
Reply 2765
There are no AAB unis now sadly, so it's a resit or Med Science. Leeds said they already had 12 too many who'd got the grades so no chance for those who'd missed them.
Been looking at accommodation in B'ham (insurance) it's so expensive!
Original post by dmz
Awww that really sucks, you'd think they'd let it slide seeing as it's the same as 3A's. The problem with a lot of uni's are going to be resits, might be 1 or 2 uni that'll take her grade, BSMS if they haven't changed, but it's a risky business focusing on one uni. From what i've figured, grad entry is cheaper at the moment but i guess she'll have to look at all her options first. So so sorry to hear that
Reply 2766
Original post by Mother2
There are no AAB unis now sadly, so it's a resit or Med Science. Leeds said they already had 12 too many who'd got the grades so no chance for those who'd missed them.
Been looking at accommodation in B'ham (insurance) it's so expensive!

Is there nothing she prefers on Clearance? Leeds is hardly better :frown: I'm gonna be nearly 5K out and that's not even catered
Reply 2767
Original post by dmz
Is there nothing she prefers on Clearance? Leeds is hardly better :frown: I'm gonna be nearly 5K out and that's not even catered

She is OK with the Med Sciences as insurance - it's just not medicine:-( How did your resit go?
Reply 2768
Original post by Mother2
She is OK with the Med Sciences as insurance - it's just not medicine:-( How did your resit go?

I did better, but not good enough which is pretty pathetic as i only had one, but then i could have done a lot better. It means i won't get £1500 but life's still good. Feel really upset for your daughter though :frown: is she on the leeds medicine applicant?
Original post by Mother2

Well the way things are going the fee rises might be be bad - the government are allowing unis to recruit as many AAB students as they please so your daughter would actually be a shoe-in for medicine in a lot of places. Plus the gap year could be valuable in terms of life experience, saving a bit of money away for living away, travelling... she shouldn't go for the degree just because it's a bit cheaper if ultimately she's going to have to do the grad medicine course anyway (with higher fees).
Reply 2770
She's out celebrating with her friends at the minute! There's stamina and generosity!
Sorry about your A level but glad nothing was riding on it.
Original post by dmz
I did better, but not good enough which is pretty pathetic as i only had one, but then i could have done a lot better. It means i won't get £1500 but life's still good. Feel really upset for your daughter though :frown: is she on the leeds medicine applicant?
Reply 2771
Sometimes I think that, but then she'd be up against all the reapplicants etc who've got A*A*A* already. It'll be her decision anyway.
Original post by Muffinz
Well the way things are going the fee rises might be be bad - the government are allowing unis to recruit as many AAB students as they please so your daughter would actually be a shoe-in for medicine in a lot of places. Plus the gap year could be valuable in terms of life experience, saving a bit of money away for living away, travelling... she shouldn't go for the degree just because it's a bit cheaper if ultimately she's going to have to do the grad medicine course anyway (with higher fees).

Original post by Muffinz
Reply 2772
Original post by Mother2
She's out celebrating with her friends at the minute! There's stamina and generosity!
Sorry about your A level but glad nothing was riding on it.

Haha, been on a gap year so long i forgot normal teens would have a life at this point in time :tongue: lol
It's cool, thanks though :smile:, my grades are still pretty decent for Grad Entry i think.
Reply 2773
Yay, I got my email!
So now I can start planning what to pack, only stupid thing is, there are no photos to be found of the rooms, so I'm sure I'll end up packing too much. But I'm excited anyway, it took a long while but I think I will be in a good place. [knock on wood!]

Good luck to the rest of you!
Reply 2774
Original post by vief
Yay, I got my email!
So now I can start planning what to pack, only stupid thing is, there are no photos to be found of the rooms, so I'm sure I'll end up packing too much. But I'm excited anyway, it took a long while but I think I will be in a good place. [knock on wood!]

Good luck to the rest of you!

There should be some photos of the rooms on the uni accom site. There is for most of the halls, if not all of them.
Reply 2775
Original post by Gemini92
There should be some photos of the rooms on the uni accom site. There is for most of the halls, if not all of them.

I know about this. It's a "smaller residences" house though, all I can find is the front door! I also checked Google ;D but it's ok, I'll manage.
My accom offer just came through :eek: Lupton! :biggrin:

How do you pay your deposit, it says I have to do that before I can accept it??
Reply 2777
Original post by Bella Occhi

There should be a link somewhere on the accom offer that takes you to the University's online payment system. You'll need your student ID number (which is on the offer) and your date of birth to access it.
Reply 2778
Original post by Bella Occhi

Same :smile: ! I'm confused by the deposit bit too haha
Original post by Gemini92
There should be a link somewhere on the accom offer that takes you to the University's online payment system. You'll need your student ID number (which is on the offer) and your date of birth to access it.

Great, found it! Can't pay yet though because I don't have my offer -> don't have my student ID. Thanks though, you're amazingly helpful :h:

Original post by livelove
Same :smile: ! I'm confused by the deposit bit too haha

Yay :biggrin: Do you mean you got Lupton? And Gemini cleared up the deposit bit :cute:

Latest