The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
My accom offer just came through :eek: Lupton! :biggrin:

How do you pay your deposit, it says I have to do that before I can accept it??

Same :biggrin:, im in Block N what about you? Really excited now everything is all sorted out and know where i'll be living :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2781
Great, found it! Can't pay yet though because I don't have my offer -> don't have my student ID. Thanks though, you're amazingly helpful :h:

Yay :biggrin: Do you mean you got Lupton? And Gemini cleared up the deposit bit :cute:

Yeah I got Lupton :biggrin:! Ha I have my offer and no idea where to find my student ID (or where to get £200 from :P) so this'll be interesting!
Reply 2782
Great, found it! Can't pay yet though because I don't have my offer -> don't have my student ID. Thanks though, you're amazingly helpful :h:

Yay :biggrin: Do you mean you got Lupton? And Gemini cleared up the deposit bit :cute:

If you know where you'll be living then your student ID number should be on the same email.
Reply 2783
Original post by livelove
Yeah I got Lupton :biggrin:! Ha I have my offer and no idea where to find my student ID (or where to get £200 from :P) so this'll be interesting!

Your student ID number will be on the email telling you where you'll be living. It's the 9-digit number that starts with 20
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2784

if you have a student account with lloyds they give you like a pre student overdraft of £200 then it goes up more when you actually start uni. thats how I paid my deposit.
Original post by Tiger_Lilly92
Same :biggrin:, im in Block N what about you? Really excited now everything is all sorted out and know where i'll be living :smile:

Block B :biggrin: Same here, it's all moving so quickly :O

Hahaha yeah £200 will be a bit of a squeeze..... hoping my parents will (help) pay for it :K: Which block are you in?

Original post by Gemini92
If you know where you'll be living then your student ID number should be on the same email.

Oh, so it is :o:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2786
Hahaha yeah £200 will be a bit of a squeeze..... hoping my parents will (help) pay for it :K: Which block are you in?

Ha yeah I'm really hoping I can convince my parents to.. not sure how to approach the subject though.. "mum, can I have £200?" doesn't sound too convincing :L . I'm in block A :smile:
Block B :biggrin: Same here, it's all moving so quickly :O

Oh, so it is :o:

yep less than a month now and we'll all be up in leeds :biggrin:
Reply 2788
Got Lupton, whey! Block N :smile:
Original post by accomoffice

i was wondering what i should do if i wanted to arrive at my accommodation the day before my contract starts.
is it possible?
i'm in storm jameson and i've already accepted my contract and paid.

Original post by Blink.
Got Lupton, whey! Block N :smile:

Hey i'm in Block N, so excited for september now :biggrin:
Reply 2791
Just got my offer got Lupton! Block O anyone? :smile:
Reply 2792
Original post by Mother2
She's got a Medical Science insurance offer, so she is deciding whether to take that or resit and reapply. So few unis accept resits though and she could end up doing Med Science anyway but paying £9000 in fees :-(
The other option is to reapply and resit in her first year at uni - also not a great option.

She got A*AB - B in Chemistry. There are a few others in the same boat judging by posts on here and on FB - all with Chemistry as the problem.

I'm doing Medical Science, I'll take care of her. :biggrin:

In all seriousness though, there is a small percentage of people that can jump to Medicine from Medical Sciences after first year, or as a post-grad. I would know, I heard the question enough times on the open day(s)!
Reply 2793
Original post by Tiger_Lilly92

How did you find out about your accomodation I havent got an email
Reply 2794
Thanks - we did know that! It just makes the decision all the more difficult, though by all accounts very few people actually manage to make the shift and the competition is almost worse than getting a med place!
Original post by Xabi17
I'm doing Medical Science, I'll take care of her. :biggrin:

In all seriousness though, there is a small percentage of people that can jump to Medicine from Medical Sciences after first year, or as a post-grad. I would know, I heard the question enough times on the open day(s)!
Original post by cataha

They start sending emails out today and you should get an email between now and start of September and its worth checking your junk folder in case its in there x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2796
Original post by cataha

The uni sends you an email with the accom offer in it. They started sending them out today and will continue to do so over the next couple of weeks.
Reply 2797
Just got my email, I'm in Lupton block B :smile:
Original post by Eddieee
Just got my offer got Lupton! Block O anyone? :smile:

I'm gonna be at Lupton too, Block A :smile:
[QUOTE="HappyMeal;33506319"]
Original post by accomoffice

i was wondering what i should do if i wanted to arrive at my accommodation the day before my contract starts.
is it possible?
i'm in storm jameson and i've already accepted my contract and paid.

it will tell you everything you need to know here http://www.leeds.ac.uk/accommodation/early.html

Basically, you need to fill in an early arrival form and, if we can't get you into your room that night, we will try to put you somewhere temporarily. You are an international student, aren't you? it's not usually possible for UK students to move in early (expecially not to Storm Jameson))

Latest