The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, I'm going to be studying Multimedia and Internet Technology this September :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by GuitarWizard
Yay, accommodation is out. Anyone else staying at Horlock Court?

How did you find out? It doesn't say anything on my application thing!
This probably sounds like a really stupid question, but i applied to constantine/horlock/castle irwell originally and then john lester/eddie colman separately a few weeks later and now i've got an accommodation offer from John Lester/ Eddie Colman ...so is this THE offer? Is my application for constantine/horlock/castle irwell not counted now?
Original post by Amy_505
How did you find out? It doesn't say anything on my application thing!

Log in at https://apply.accommodation.salford.ac.uk then click New Application or Application Status then it should say You have a pending offer of accommodation click the View/Accept Offer button then press the Next >> button and your offer info will then appear
Original post by vintagekatie
This probably sounds like a really stupid question, but i applied to constantine/horlock/castle irwell originally and then john lester/eddie colman separately a few weeks later and now i've got an accommodation offer from John Lester/ Eddie Colman ...so is this THE offer? Is my application for constantine/horlock/castle irwell not counted now?

They are both counted I applied for the Costantine/Horlock and Castle Irwell through the uni and also applied for John Lester / Eddie Colman through Salford Student Village and got a place at two accommodations through the private company (Student Village) and the uni campus. Try and phone the uni accommodation to see what your application status is
(edited 12 years ago)
They are both counted I applied for the Costantine/Horlock and Castle Irwell through the uni and also applied for John Lester / Eddie Colman through Salford Student Village and got a place at two accommodation through the private company (Student Village) and the uni campus. Try and phone the uni accommodation to see what your application status is

Ok thanks :smile: I'll try ringing them on monday
Reply 226
Log in at https://apply.accommodation.salford.ac.uk then click New Application or Application Status then it should say You have a pending offer of accommodation click the View/Accept Offer button then press the Next >> button and your offer info will then appear

Thanks!
Mine hasn't changed, is this normal?
Original post by Amy_505
Thanks!
Mine hasn't changed, is this normal?

Not sure, I would phone up on Monday.

For all Horlock Court people like this on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Horlock-Court-2011-2012/205679346154667
Anyone whos doing a foundation degree with civil engineering (or indeed any foundation degree) on your confirmation letter, does it say the course starts in <month> 2011 with a point of entry 1? Thought point of entry would be 0 since its a foundation year + 3 yr civil engineering degree? Or is point of entry 1 just mean your first year?
Reply 229
Original post by _Rooney_
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Horlock-Court-2011-2012/205679346154667

If ya havnt already joined it, its for people living in Horlock this year!

I've joined it now. House 11 for me.
C u around
Reply 230
I am third year Audio Technology. Reeling in the new people!

Also i will answer any questions about Salford or Manchester.

Take it easy new people!
i can't go up til the 18th. so will i miss the freshers nights out?
Reply 232
anybody know the exact dates for freshers week ?
Reply 233
19 till 26 next month
Original post by timparker23
i can't go up til the 18th. so will i miss the freshers nights out?

Original post by RICK 8
anybody know the exact dates for freshers week ?

Freshers Week is 19th-23rd.

There is stuff going on from Monday 12th but this is mainly aimed at International students who will be arriving early.

The Freshers Fair will be on 22nd and 23rd. Where there will be the marquee, stalls, freebies etc

http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/cms/resources/uploads/File/Welcome%20schedule%20September%202011%20draft%20Version%20for%20Web%2015%20Aug.pdf
Original post by Alex.Woolf
Why is everybody staying in IQ? I fancy Constantine or Horlock so I can be on campus. Only really because Salford town is a dive :/

I chose IQ because it's not allocated by the university so I was able to book my room back in March :smile: ..and based on reviews from previous/current tenants and also because I can stay there the full duration of my course if I like it (although I'll probably get a flat/house next year).

You can even pick your room and see the demographic of your flatmates (if they have already booked too)

That being said, a couple of the university sites looked good too! I would be happy in any of them except Castle Irwell. My friend used to live there and said there was always parties going on and such, he loved it, as would I 6-10 years ago, but I've done the mental 24/7 partying phase before and would like some peace and quiet for a change :h:
Reply 236
i'm waiting to here back from clearing, but i'm just wondering if anybody knows John Lester & Eddie Colman Court well? There the only accomidation left and it looks a little unsightly, can anybody please help? Thanks
Original post by Niccc.
i'm waiting to here back from clearing, but i'm just wondering if anybody knows John Lester & Eddie Colman Court well? There the only accomidation left and it looks a little unsightly, can anybody please help? Thanks

It's not bad. Probably more expensive than it needs to be, but you get to meet people and such. If I had to pick again I'd pick JL. Looks a lot nicer than Bramall
Reply 238
Does anyone know if fancy dress is needed for freshers as my friend got all sorts of information from her uni with lists of fancydress she would need for freshers and everything but i havent had anything from salford
hi i got a verbal offer through clearing and i added it on track, 2 days have passed and i have received no email or text confirming my place nor has it been updated on track :/
plus when will i get my student ID so i can apply for accommodation?
thnx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending