The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Do you have to sign up to WebLearn?
I received a letter today, which was nice, but nothing else!
Original post by blergh22
Congratz all. Though has anyone else not received anything since meeting their offer?

Me :frown:
Reply 2842
Original post by JAR12
Do you have to sign up to WebLearn?
I received a letter today, which was nice, but nothing else!

The freshers' stuff should be public, so no.
Reply 2843
Oh dear, the only other geographer I know who had an offer didn't get in :frown: (and I got his place :redface: )

If anyone going to Christ Church/doing geog wants to say hi just PM me (the facebook page has yet to actually let me join) :tongue:
Reply 2844
So Merton give us gown/cap/tie order forms for three different companies, which on inspection of their websites all use the same photo and have the same price. What, pray tell, is the point in trading under three different names? If anyone can find a self-tie white bow tie for under £10.50 please let me know. :p:

Original post by Lucius
If anyone going to Christ Church/doing geog wants to say hi just PM me (the facebook page has yet to actually let me join) :tongue:

Typical ChCh, probably have a bowler-hatted porter at the 'accept' button on Facebook. :p:
Original post by dbmag9
So Merton give us gown/cap/tie order forms for three different companies, which on inspection of their websites all use the same photo and have the same price. What, pray tell, is the point in trading under three different names? If anyone can find a self-tie white bow tie for under £10.50 please let me know. :tongue:

St Catz gave us the websites for 2 of them. The only difference that I can see is that one (Shepherd and Woodward) can spell separate and one (The Varsity Shop) can't :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2846
The agony of deciding whether to buy a college hoody on the same order form (Shepherd and Woodward). I wish there was a picture
Reply 2847
Original post by Babs12123
St Catz gave us the websites for 2 of them. The only difference that I can see is that one (Shepherd and Woodward) can spell separate and one (The Varsity Shop) can't :wink:

Nice catch.

Those aren't self-tie, but it seems you edited that out. :ninja:
Original post by dbmag9
Nice catch.

Those aren't self-tie, but it seems you edited that out. :ninja:

Yeah I then realised that self-tie means, well, self-tie.
Don't judge me, I sustained a head injury yesterday :tongue:
Reply 2849
Yeah I then realised that self-tie means, well, self-tie.
Don't judge me, I sustained a head injury yesterday :tongue:

No worries, you girls get it lucky with your 'ribbon' that's basically a piece of string. You might want to go easy on the head injuries now that your brain's got something to look forward to. :p:
Original post by dbmag9
No worries, you girls get it lucky with your 'ribbon' that's basically a piece of string. You might want to go easy on the head injuries now that your brain's got something to look forward to. :p:

You make a very good point, it said somewhere that we can also wear a soft cap rather than a mortarboard :tongue: (I can't see any way to order that instead though)
Yeah I did find it a tad ironic that rather than rewarding myself for doing well I poisoned my liver and bashed my brain about :colondollar:
Reply 2851
You make a very good point, it said somewhere that we can also wear a soft cap rather than a mortarboard :tongue: (I can't see any way to order that instead though)
Yeah I did find it a tad ironic that rather than rewarding myself for doing well I poisoned my liver and bashed my brain about :colondollar:

From what I've seen the soft cap looks a bit silly on almost everyone, with even less consensus on what you're supposed to do with it than the ribbon. Also I'm fairly sure that if you have one you can't take it off indoors, which might be a consideration if you ever have exams in the summer.

It's an option, but almost all the girls get the mortarboard, I'd advise doing that :smile:
Original post by soutioirsim
:smile: Physics, you?

Engineering so similar enough - i think we met at the interviews actually. Really excited and can't wait to meet everyone ^^
Original post by hattierosie
Engineering so similar enough - i think we met at the interviews actually. Really excited and can't wait to meet everyone ^^

Ah right, I should hopefully recognise you in October then! Yeah can't wait either, I really want a freshers pack :biggrin:
Ah right, I should hopefully recognise you in October then! Yeah can't wait either, I really want a freshers pack :biggrin:

Highly doubtful considering my own friends don't recognise me half the time due to some drastic image changes on a supposedly fortnightly basis.

There some freshers info on the hertford website here but I'm guessing we will get a pack as well - any idea when? Other colleges seem to have had info with their acceptance letters ):
Original post by hattierosie
Highly doubtful considering my own friends don't recognise me half the time due to some drastic image changes on a supposedly fortnightly basis.

There some freshers info on the hertford website here but I'm guessing we will get a pack as well - any idea when? Other colleges seem to have had info with their acceptance letters ):

Hahaha! Like dying your hair or something? :p:

I don't actually know, in the confirmation letter I got today it just says we will hear from them shortly. I get the feeling we'll get a freshers pack in the next week then :yep:
Reply 2857
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Yes! :biggrin:

Did you get a massive envelope with about 15 bits of paper to sign?

Also, you got your college parents yet?
What is Freshers week going to be like does anyone know?? :shifty:
Hahaha! Like dying your hair or something? :p:

I don't actually know, in the confirmation letter I got today it just says we will hear from them shortly. I get the feeling we'll get a freshers pack in the next week then :yep:

Very much so.

I hope we do, but i think its just a printed version of what's online albeit perhaps more up-to-date. SO EXCITED

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending