The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Anybody bought the wristband plus ? do we need it ? gives you free access to freshers events see:

http://www.trentstudents.org/freshers/events/index.php?page=event&event_id=660773
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 3041
Original post by babelicious_1986

No Problem if you go on the main university website and look under welcome week, on the left hand side it mentions courses, click on that and type in what your studying. make sure it says undergraduate and then it should come up with your induction programme, may not be up for another week or two but worth a check and you will get this emailed to you within the next three weeks maximum.

Found it thankyou :smile: also, it may seem a silly question but can other people come to freshers who arent at the uni? i was thinking so i could go out on nights out taking 1/2 friends so i can still meet more people from uni but will have people to travel on the train/ whatever home with?
Original post by Fletch11
Found it thankyou :smile: also, it may seem a silly question but can other people come to freshers who arent at the uni? i was thinking so i could go out on nights out taking 1/2 friends so i can still meet more people from uni but will have people to travel on the train/ whatever home with?

Freshers events are usually open just for them, especially if its being held in a venue thats closed off to other public for the night. If its a normal bar then maybe it would be possible but i'm not entirely certain, its worth checking out with people in the know at the union.
Original post by lydia28
Anybody bought the wristband plus ? do we need it ? gives you free access to freshers events see:

http://www.trentstudents.org/freshers/events/index.php?page=event&event_id=660773

Yeah I bought one, it's easier than paying with cash to get in to stuff
Original post by Brradders
Awesome, I got really lucky and got to talk someone at around 9ish.

I'm studying criminology, how about you? :smile:

I was using 3 phones at one point, but still had no luck
Errmm, I'm studying Law :smile:
Reply 3045

Freshers events are usually open just for them, especially if its being held in a venue thats closed off to other public for the night. If its a normal bar then maybe it would be possible but i'm not entirely certain, its worth checking out with people in the know at the union.

Oh ok :smile: be nice if you could. dont fancy travelling back on my own!
Reply 3046
Do all us new students have an NTU email account? Want to sign up for the SU :smile:
Original post by Raguman
Do all us new students have an NTU email account? Want to sign up for the SU :smile:

go on now.ntu.ac.uk no www though!!!!

log in with your student name and password and that will have a link at the top for email email address is [email protected]

so whatever your student number is starts off your e mail address
Reply 3048
go on now.ntu.ac.uk no www though!!!!

log in with your student name and password and that will have a link at the top for email email address is [email protected]

so whatever your student number is starts off your e mail address

I can't find the place to log in :biggrin:
Original post by Raguman
I can't find the place to log in :biggrin:

now.ntu.ac.uk click on the login logo on the left hand side, links you to a page to input password and student number, click that. takes you to homepage, after that there should be a bar at the top saying email click that and it will bring up your email.

then all you have to do is register on the union website, if you want any updates from them or to buy tickets for events
Reply 3050
now.ntu.ac.uk click on the login logo on the left hand side, links you to a page to input password and student number, click that. takes you to homepage, after that there should be a bar at the top saying email click that and it will bring up your email.

then all you have to do is register on the union website, if you want any updates from them or to buy tickets for events

are my log in details the ones I had to use to sort out accommodation etc. ?

EDIT - Nvm sorted :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys! Finally sorted my accommodation and now I'm BUZZING! Anyone else in the Maltings? Free tram pass- get in!
is anyone doing business management and economics?..... also, who is in norton court?
Reply 3053
Original post by Fletch11

I know moving in weekend is 23rd-25th, but my parents can't take up until the 24th on the saturday of the moving in weekend due to work etc... I was thinking, I might just take a duffel bag with some stuff in just to get me through the first night, and because if I go up on the friday, I'll have done all the waiting about and everything, so therefore my parents can just come on the saturday any time and just bring my stuff straight to my room....

It saves time, makes it easier for me (I find my family super annoying to wait with and travel with). But will it be doable, and an okay thing to do? Like I won't look crazy turning up on the Friday with just one bag? lol!
Original post by jimbles
I know moving in weekend is 23rd-25th, but my parents can't take up until the 24th on the saturday of the moving in weekend due to work etc... I was thinking, I might just take a duffel bag with some stuff in just to get me through the first night, and because if I go up on the friday, I'll have done all the waiting about and everything, so therefore my parents can just come on the saturday any time and just bring my stuff straight to my room....

It saves time, makes it easier for me (I find my family super annoying to wait with and travel with). But will it be doable, and an okay thing to do? Like I won't look crazy turning up on the Friday with just one bag? lol!

You won't look crazy at all, international students have to do it. just bring a medium sized bag that can fit enough things in for that one night and a sleeping bag until you get bedding and everything, and just eat out that first day. Sounds a bit like most families to be honest, especially when waiting fro them or travelling anywhere.
Reply 3055
Original post by jimbles

That's a good idea tbh, my parents can't help me move till the Saturday but I kind of want to get it sorted as soon as. Unsure though.
ordered the freshers ticket

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 3057
Original post by Raguman
That's a good idea tbh, my parents can't help me move till the Saturday but I kind of want to get it sorted as soon as. Unsure though.

Where are you staying? I think you should go for it too!

You won't look crazy at all, international students have to do it. just bring a medium sized bag that can fit enough things in for that one night and a sleeping bag until you get bedding and everything, and just eat out that first day. Sounds a bit like most families to be honest, especially when waiting fro them or travelling anywhere.

Thanks! I was just think of all these people turning up with parents in tow and loads of bags! Mind you, means I can relax a bit easier on the first day this way and just chill a bit more than others until my parents arrive lol!
Reply 3058
Also setting up email, how do I know my Term Time address, I'm at peverell?
Original post by jimbles
Also setting up email, how do I know my Term Time address, I'm at peverell?

Peverell address is:
Room [Block, Flat, Number]
Peverell Halls,
Clifton Campus
Clifton
Nottingham
NG11 8NS

You'll have a key to your own post box in the Peverell offices when you pick up your keys on your first day- though bar in mind it's a flat post box, and parcels will be picked up by the Peverell offices- and there will be a list of parcels up in the office.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending