The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

University Of Bedfordshire 2011???

Im just wondering if there's anyone applying to Bedfordshire 2011?
:smile: ..and what course.......and how's it actually like ??
Don't go to Luton it's a ****hole
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan

oh reallly ...do u live there??
Original post by Rock Fan

Agreed.
So is Bedford.

I know this from experience.
Reply 4
Original post by cellophane11
Agreed.
So is Bedford.

I know this from experience.

ok...what happened to you there??
Original post by Vicky94
ok...what happened to you there??

Nothing happened. Well, nothing that wouldn't happen in other towns.
But I've lived in both places. And they're both ****.
Reply 6
ok thanks for your opinions
Original post by Vicky94
oh reallly ...do u live there??

I live in between Luton and Bedford, Bedford isn't so bad but it's still not great. If you go to Luton make sure you take a stab vest, oh and there is bugger all to do around that area.
Reply 8
Original post by Vicky94

Original post by Vicky94
Im just wondering if there's anyone applying to Bedfordshire 2011?
:smile: ..and what course.......and how's it actually like ??

Hey!

I'm going to UoB Feb. 2011, going to do MSc Information management and security! I don't know what does it look like!!

Who's else going?

Cheers
Original post by kojack
Do not go to the University of Bedfordshire, there's nothing wrong with the actual uni, it's Luton itself that's the problem, it's not a very nice place at all and I'm saying that coming from Scunthorpe. :s-smilie:

i live 3 minutes from luton, and my fam live in scunthorpe xD
small world.

BUT YEAH uni's not great tbh, luton's ****.
bedford's ****.

speaking from 18 years of experience living near both.
Reply 10
to be honest the town looks depressing this is honestly not to be mean or anything
Reply 11
I will be studying in Bedford in Spetember and I didn't think it was too bad when I went for my interview. But then again I am from Doncaster so...

I'm looking for somewhere to live. Can anyone recommend areas to avoid? Where I can find housemates etc
Reply 12
Any joy with accomadation yet? Going through the same dillema. Are you thinking of living in beds or your placement town?
As someone who has studied at UoB for the last 3 years it is a good university. The town of Luton is not far off from any town center I have been to and I have been to worse areas. however, most locals are friendly and great. the place is vibrant and you will make friends with people from all over the world wich I thought was great. - mind it can be rough but depends where you go.

Bedford has a great nightlife for students. I have friends there who have enjoyed their time in Bedford. and with the river it is nice.

As for not having much to do. In Luton there is the Student Union bar called The Mezzanine that does events all week long from Football to Poker, club nights to comdey nights. there is alway something to do and drinks are some of the cheapest in town. also the night clubs have student nights that offer great deals to students so look out for them

In Bedford there is no bar but UBSU are looking at putting more events in the new Hub area of the campus from freshers week onwards. and the clubs in Bedford are pretty decent on a student night.

Of course I am a little biased here as I am one of the vice presidents at the Studnets Union here. but don't let what other posters have said put you off. the student experiance at UoB is good.

want to know more please feel free to message me.

Matthew "the Hat" McCaffery
VP Union and Community Development
UBSU
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Im going :smile:
Studying Psychology..Im kinda scared though because I got my place through clearing, and ive never been to bedfordshire (or more specifically, luton) before..and im about 2.5 hours away from home, which is further than I originally wanted to go.

Im coming from Barnsley, and im sure that luton town cannot be as bad as Barnsley town, im just scared I wont settle in because its a place ive never been before and quite far from home. (Or at least it'll feel like it.)

I think im being a bit silly really, and im sure ill be fine, but I cant help but be nervous, can anyone give me some reassurance? :/
Original post by Matt The Hat
As someone who has studied at UoB for the last 3 years it is a good university. The town of Luton is not far off from any town center I have been to and I have been to worse areas. however, most locals are friendly and great. the place is vibrant and you will make friends with people from all over the world wich I thought was great. - mind it can be rough but depends where you go.

Bedford has a great nightlife for students. I have friends there who have enjoyed their time in Bedford. and with the river it is nice.

As for not having much to do. In Luton there is the Student Union bar called The Mezzanine that does events all week long from Football to Poker, club nights to comdey nights. there is alway something to do and drinks are some of the cheapest in town. also the night clubs have student nights that offer great deals to students so look out for them

In Bedford there is no bar but UBSU are looking at putting more events in the new Hub area of the campus from freshers week onwards. and the clubs in Bedford are pretty decent on a student night.

Of course I am a little biased here as I am one of the vice presidents at the Studnets Union here. but don't let what other posters have said put you off. the student experiance at UoB is good.

want to know more please feel free to message me.

Matthew "the Hat" McCaffery
VP Union and Community Development
UBSU

hey!

Thanks for the info. I got into bedfordshire through clearing and i have got a few questions. I have friends at other unis and they have told me that at their unis, people tend to hang around in same race groups (e.g. Black people hang out with jus blacks, asians hang out with jus asians, white people with only white people etc), so i was just wondering if thats the same at bedfordshire caus i really hope thats not the case there. Also how far is the uni from london? Caus i will be coming down from london.

Also how is the accomdattion there for students? I have heard it is pretty good. And how close is everything , shops, cinema, clubs etc to the campus?

Thanks
Reply 16
If I get my confirmation email, I'll be doing Biomedical Science at the University of Bedfordshire!
Reply 17
Original post by Katie~Luna

Original post by Katie~Luna
If I get my confirmation email, I'll be doing Biomedical Science at the University of Bedfordshire!

Congrats i'll be going there there to this year for media.
I'll be going to the Luton campus,
And thought it's true Luton and Bedford aren't all that, what really sold me on this uni was the facilities, it's acceptability to London, and the wide range of people I met, it is divers in age and ethnicity.
Good Luck!
I got my place through clearing for Biomedical Science and I'm seriously nervous because I've lived in one place all my life >_< Literally the same house XD

The stab vest comment is quite unnerving and I've yet to sort out accommodation and finance.
Any help with the accommodation side of things?
Reply 19
Yeah I'd like some help with the accommodation side of things too..never been to luton..been a northerner all my life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending