The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh no :frown: that's typical really! Leeds is amazing I've only visited it once but I loved it!

Yeah I'm so nervous, but really excited so it's just a mixture of feelings! I just keep thinking everyones in the same boat so we can all relate and stuck together haha!
Where are you from?:smile:

I live about a 20 - 30 drive from Leeds so I'm practically at home which is making the thought of it a bit easier. Are you from Newcastle?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by <3 Music
Are you doing Maths at Leeds?

Sorry that was a stupid question when we're on the Leeds accommodation forum.

Where are you from and what accommodation have you applied for?
I live about a 20 - 30 drive from Leeds so I'm practically at home which is making the thought of it a bit easier. Are you from Newcastle?

Oh thats good, it means you can go home if you needed to without a having problems!
Yeah, i'm from newcastle so im about an hour and a half away from home on the train! :smile:
Do you know when you'll be moving in?
Reply 2843
Oh no! They didnt even consider you? :O Cant believ you didnt get in, what have you done now? xx

Biochemistry at Essex probably. I'll PM you how I'm feeling. Have fun at Leeds : )
Reply 2844
Sorry that was a stupid question when we're on the Leeds accommodation forum.

Where are you from and what accommodation have you applied for?

I'm from Ukraine and I've applied for leodis. What about you?
Original post by T-Toe
Biochemistry at Essex probably. I'll PM you how I'm feeling. Have fun at Leeds : )

Okay :smile: i'll talk to you whe you PM me!
Thank you.
definitely devonshire, has anyone applied for the music/drama places?

edit: as i posted this just got an email saying i got a place at devonshire! so happsss
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2847
ive applied for charles morris hall.. just waiting to hear back :biggrin: soo excited!
Reply 2848
Original post by missmurder
Anyone doing Politics?

Maybe not the right thread but hey ho.

I'm doing straight politics, yes :smile:
Reply 2849
I hope to god I don't end up being twinned for the first few weeks but that's the price of Clearing I suppose!
Original post by sam693
I'm doing straight politics, yes :smile:

Yeah me too :smile: see you there i guess! do you know what accommodation you've got yet? x
Oh thats good, it means you can go home if you needed to without a having problems!
Yeah, i'm from newcastle so im about an hour and a half away from home on the train! :smile:
Do you know when you'll be moving in?

Yeah it'll work good both ways cause I'm moving out so getting the full experience but I can also be back home within 1/2 an hour tops. I guess an hour and a half isn't too bad either.

Erm I was waiting to see when the official date for Clarence Dock is and then I was thinking of just moving in gradually over the space of a few days unless on my flat mates appear at once in which case I'll move in straight away cause I don't want to miss the initial getting to know one another. You?
Original post by Rommari
I'm from Ukraine and I've applied for leodis. What about you?

Are you coming as an international student then or have you been over here a few years? My dad's dad was born in Ukraine and I still have family over there.

I've applied for Clarence Dock.
Yeah it'll work good both ways cause I'm moving out so getting the full experience but I can also be back home within 1/2 an hour tops. I guess an hour and a half isn't too bad either.

Erm I was waiting to see when the official date for Clarence Dock is and then I was thinking of just moving in gradually over the space of a few days unless on my flat mates appear at once in which case I'll move in straight away cause I don't want to miss the initial getting to know one another. You?

Yeah! I think that's a good thing and I don't think the distance from newcastle is too bad either I'm sure I'll be fine!:smile:

Yeah I think the dates to move in are between the 14-17th and I heard that most people move in on the weekend although I can only move in on the Saturday which is the 17th cause of my parents working during the week :smile: I'm really excited I loved the look of Clarence Dock too! :smile:
It's just another month to wait, have you been getting all the stuff you need?
Yeah! I think that's a good thing and I don't think the distance from newcastle is too bad either I'm sure I'll be fine!:smile:

Yeah I think the dates to move in are between the 14-17th and I heard that most people move in on the weekend although I can only move in on the Saturday which is the 17th cause of my parents working during the week :smile: I'm really excited I loved the look of Clarence Dock too! :smile:
It's just another month to wait, have you been getting all the stuff you need?

I haven't actually got anything yet but I'll be doing it within the next few weeks before my mum is back at work. Have you?

Are you thinking of buying tickets for events at freshers week before you go or are you waiting to see which events people in your flat etc are going to?
I haven't actually got anything yet but I'll be doing it within the next few weeks before my mum is back at work. Have you?

Are you thinking of buying tickets for events at freshers week before you go or are you waiting to see which events people in your flat etc are going to?

I've got basic stuff like bedding and cushions a washing basket kithchen utensils! I'm going to get the rest of the stuff over the next couple of weeks! Going to get a new laptop today and a few other bits!

I'm not sure I really want to get tickets but I want to find people to go with first! I've seen a few events that I want to go too but I'm scared to book any tickets in case I end up going by myself haha! What are you doing?:smile:
Original post by KKKKatie
definitely devonshire, has anyone applied for the music/drama places?

edit: as i posted this just got an email saying i got a place at devonshire! so happsss

I just got an email saying I got a music place, woo :smile:
Reply 2857
Hi & well done to everyone :smile: here's hoping that you enjoy your time at Leeds!

Can you be sure that the moving in dates are between the 14th & 17th ?

We want to come to Leeds a couple of days before moving in (long journey) so we need to book a hotel asap as time is moving on.

Do you think it will be safe to book a hotel for the 15th with a view to moving in on the 17th ? I can't find any confirmation about arrivals apart from the info posted for international students. The uni isn't open today so I can't call but would like to get things sorted over the weekend if poss.

Any help would be much appreciated.
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm not sure I really want to get tickets but I want to find people to go with first! I've seen a few events that I want to go too but I'm scared to book any tickets in case I end up going by myself haha! What are you doing?:smile:

Yeah this is a common problem people buy too many tickets in advance, thinking that the stuff the union puts on is the only stuff going on in town, but then when you actually get there people are getting flyers and stuff from clubs in town and then decide on the day that they want to go to those....I would say that if there are these Facebook groups where you can find who is in your flat or block before you arrive, maybe ask people on there if anybody fancies the particular nights you were thinking of getting tickets for, so at least you will know in advance that there will be some people from the same halls as you going, and you can meet up with them.

Yeah if you live half an hour away moving in gradually is the way to do it. This is what I did (I lived an hour away) because I hadn't done any packing or preparation until the day I was set to move in and basically realised then I was woefully underprepared.

Your flatmates probably will appear at once on the Saturday so make sure you've got enough stuff to get you through the weekend but don't worry about bringing a full wardrobe, as you live quite close, you can just go back one morning in the middle of Freshers Week to go back and pick up some more.

From memory the way I ended up doing it was cramming a bit of stuff together on the day I moved in, then on the Friday of freshers week going back home to pick up a bit more, then about 2 weeks into term I went back home for the weekend and came back with the rest of the things I wanted. Ah, good memories.

Latest