The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Good bloke
Scottish football seems to be full of excuses (money, injuries), ifs (if we were in England, if we hadn't sold our best players), and a lot of hollow claims (we're more attractive than PL teams, big clubs).

The truth is that the PL's fifth or sixth best club, playing its very first match of the season, hammered Scotland's third best team, well-established in its season, by a truly embarrassing margin while giving its fringe players a run out, away, in a stadium hyped as being an intimidating place for Spurs to travel to, after no practice session in the ground and a bad journey from a distant hotel.

What excuses am I making mate? We, as in Celtic, ARE running behind even the bottom English teams as far as money goes, we make about £1m from TV rights, Blackpool made more last season..

YET, we have a huge global following that rivals some EPL teams out there, in the English speaking Irish ex-pat world we are the number one team rivaled by United and Liverpool at the very most.

Hearts are ****e, always have been, I rate Aberdeen and Dundee far higher than I rate Hearts, its a new season.
Reply 781
Also what the **** with Keane?

Bad move. Spurs best forward in donkeys and you let a proven striker go to ****ing Galaxy. 'arry, what?
Original post by Jim-ie

Bad move. Spurs best forward in donkeys and you let a proven striker go to ****ing Galaxy. 'arry, what?

Did you watch us at all last season?
Original post by Jim-ie

Original post by rockrunride
this tbh

he was also running down his contract whilst commanding one of the biggest wages - getting shot of his was a great move
Reply 784

Yeah, I did, you finished 5th
Original post by Jim-ie
Yeah, I did, you finished 5th

And did you see Robbie Keane scoring or even playing much for us (since he spent half the time at Celtic and West Ham)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jim-ie

Keane has lost it at the highest level, even before last season. Bringing him back was a poor piece of business in hindsight.
Reply 787
And did you see Robbie Keane scoring or even playing much for us (since he spent half the time at Celtic and West Ham)?

Playing he'd score a lot more and you know it tbh.
Reply 788
Original post by Klinsmannic
Keane has lost it at the highest level, even before last season. Bringing him back was a poor piece of business in hindsight.

Dont think he had at all. He one of the best strikers of the ball in the league, great finishing, gets in good position... can think of two first team strikers who cant do that for spurs.

In saying all that, America will be good news for Keane, and yank football, who have a lot of talent that needs exploited. I can smell a golden generation coming soon
Original post by Jim-ie
Playing he'd score a lot more and you know it tbh.

He's never been as good since he moved to Liverpool.

In his time he was one of my favourite players at the club, he's sort of a teenage hero for me, but he's past PL form, as happens to everyone :sad:

Original post by forsaken_earth
can we get someone instead of Palacios please. diarra would do.

o hai thar :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 790
Lads I don't get why some of you disagree with the Keane transfer.

He clearly said that playing in the MLS was his dream, and he has been a life long LA Galaxy fan ever since he stopped supporting: Wolves, Coventry, Inter, Leeds, Tottenham, Liverpool, Tottenham (again), Celtic, and West Ham.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 791
Original post by dn013

He clearly said that playing in the MLS was his dream, and he has been a life long LA Galaxy fan ever since he stopped supporting: Wolves, Coventry, Inter, Leeds, Tottenham, Liverpool, Tottenham (again), Celtic, and West Ham.

hahahaha, was saying that in the pub earlier.
Reply 792
Keane scored 2 league goals in 7 games at bottom-of-table wham, both crouch and defoe scored only two more league goals all season at 5th place spurs.
Original post by Fusion
Keane scored 2 league goals in 7 games at bottom-of-table wham, both crouch and defoe scored only two more league goals all season at 5th place spurs.

Ok add the games started and time out with injuries. Anyone can bend stats to suit an argument, except you have made a poor job,at it
Reply 794
Original post by dn013

Hahaha. You forgot Crumlin United.
Reply 795
Original post by jermaindefoe
Ok add the games started and time out with injuries. Anyone can bend stats to suit an argument, except you have made a poor job,at it

These are the PL goals/games ratio. I don't know mins played, but certaintly Crouch and to a lesser extent Defoe featured considerably for Spurs. Keane was on loan at wham thus I highly doubt he managed 90 mins per game. Even saying this, the sheer disparity in games played between keane and the others is quite significant. Of course, Keane wasn't a Harry favourite.

Keane 2/7
Defoe 4/22
Crouch 4/29
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 419
Hahaha. You forgot Crumlin United.

Lol, sounds like "crumbling united".
Reply 797
Original post by dn013

:laugh:
someone post on the match discussion thread please :puppyeyes:

:tumble:
someone post on the match discussion thread please :puppyeyes:

:tumble:

link me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest