The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WillBrown08
I didn't even know you could apply for accommodation before you firmed it :angry: could you only choose 2 en suite options for your 4 choices?

Assuming the system is identical to last year, which I'm sure it will have been - yes, you can always only choose two ensuite options. I applied in November last year, and was only allowed to choose two, so this is the same no matter when you apply.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Loz17
I'll ask my housemate, he's about to start 1st year maths (just finished FDg in it)

Awesome. I'm quite happy to go way below the actual price (somewhere between 80 and 100 I think)
Original post by ovie
Was your timetable good?! I mean time of lectures etc etc. Because i haven't actually been to any of the open days,I've not spoken to any staff..how big are the classes?! Is it even boys girls?! Lol

my timetable was alright, around 9 classes per week(seminars+ lectures) but seminar at 9 am on friday was really...well.. you know..

1.term
- global business - really interesting module, the lecturer is amazing, he uses his own experience during the lectures, and seminars with him couldnt be any shorter (the stuff he discuss is so interesting, time flies really quickly)

- microeconomics - interesting lectures, seminars a bit boring (cause the lecturer explains it really well and seminar leader just repeats what has already been said)

-computing for business - oh, how much i hated that one.. complete waste of time.. you will learn few nice excel formulas but otherwise....aw....

2. term
- marketing - interesting lectures, well interpreted, and our seminar leader was really cool, so we had fun and learned smthing new

- management - LOADS of theory, reading reading reading... its not hard, but the book is not so well written, so i managed to fall asleep 4times when reading the introduction

- finance accounting, reporting, analysis - lecturer was weird.. i dont know.. it wasnt so bad.. but the lecturer really knew how to make his students fall asleep.

and ive had as a wild module german classes, insted of two other modules.. so dont know abou them

basically, all business courses have the similar/same modules the first year. so theres a mixture of ppl studying finance, business admin, int. business etc... - > more girls than boys :smile:

and also, since its international business, you meet loads of int. students so you can learn a bit of their culture too :smile: im really happy with my choice :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Deema
YES! I want to wait to see how big my room is when they send the accommodation confirmation, but till then I've got my eye on those ikea organiser thingies :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: OMG IM SO EFFING EXCITED

Same! Oh ma goodness -awards multiple hardcore points for the mutual love of organisers- Now I'm convinced this year's/course is going to be awesome ;D
Reply 1364
Has anyone managed to apply for an NUS extra card at Uni of Kent? It isn't an option on their site..
Original post by sk225
Has anyone managed to apply for an NUS extra card at Uni of Kent? It isn't an option on their site..

If you go to the NUS site and register for one there, they send it to the Registry where you can pick it up. They do it to prove you're actually a student there. :smile:
Reply 1366
Original post by cinnamon442
If you go to the NUS site and register for one there, they send it to the Registry where you can pick it up. They do it to prove you're actually a student there. :smile:

When I go on to register it won't let me choose the uni as an option, so I'm not too sure what to do :/
Reply 1367
Original post by AlexejKir
my timetable was alright, around 9 classes per week(seminars+ lectures) but seminar at 9 am on friday was really...well.. you know..

1.term
- global business - really interesting module, the lecturer is amazing, he uses his own experience during the lectures, and seminars with him couldnt be any shorter (the stuff he discuss is so interesting, time flies really quickly)

- microeconomics - interesting lectures, seminars a bit boring (cause the lecturer explains it really well and seminar leader just repeats what has already been said)

-computing for business - oh, how much i hated that one.. complete waste of time.. you will learn few nice excel formulas but otherwise....aw....

2. term
- marketing - interesting lectures, well interpreted, and our seminar leader was really cool, so we had fun and learned smthing new

- management - LOADS of theory, reading reading reading... its not hard, but the book is not so well written, so i managed to fall asleep 4times when reading the introduction

- finance accounting, reporting, analysis - lecturer was weird.. i dont know.. it wasnt so bad.. but the lecturer really knew how to make his students fall asleep.

and ive had as a wild module german classes, insted of two other modules.. so dont know abou them

basically, all business courses have the similar/same modules the first year. so theres a mixture of ppl studying finance, business admin, int. business etc... - > more girls than boys :smile:

and also, since its international business, you meet loads of int. students so you can learn a bit of their culture too :smile: im really happy with my choice :smile:

Ahh,thanks for breaking it down for me!! And I want to learn german too!! I think there's an option of a modern language!!?! But I also choose to do a year abroad...in France,as that's the only language i took for gcse,but i would love to go to germany instead!!
And meeting international people would be grate!! Haha since I myself am from abroad(moved to england a while ago though!)
Original post by sk225
When I go on to register it won't let me choose the uni as an option, so I'm not too sure what to do :/

Search for Kent Union, not the University of Kent. :smile:
Reply 1369
Original post by Blazara
If they'd given you an initial offer, presumably you missed and they're now considering your case further? Can only be good.

Ok .... but I've seen on their clearings webpage, there were no more vacancies in Astrophysics :/ (Sounds bad ? :frown: )
Original post by WillBrown08
Got accepted yesterday :smile: Had kent as my firm. Looking forward to it. When you all applied for accommodation and made your 4 choices, could only 2 of your options only be en suite? And when did you all roughly apply for accommodation ? Thanks

Yeah only 2 en-suite were allowed. I applied in December, as soon as it opened.
Original post by Harpoon

I'm doing psychology with clinical psychology :smile:!!

Original post by Harpoon
Ok guys, its that time again! :woo:

Who's applying for Kent to start in September 2011??

Name your course and any other details you want :cool: and I'll list them all here!

So to start with:

Accounting and Finance: redrose_ftw, jaydemikaela, tiara8
Actuarial Science: supernova92
Architecture: Chantell, aJohnsonsun, Gulce
Biology: JamesSimonHudson
Biological Anthropology: katebushfan
Biomedical Science: Lisa=AD
Business Administration (Sandwich): Magicalbluebadger
Business Administration (Marketing): Postbox
Computer Science:
Criminal Justice Studies: Bex1991
Drama/Theatre Studies: lizziebobzehourse, ChasingSkittles
Digital Arts: Infamous Dude
Economics: Celph Titled, veronica111
English/Comparative Literature: Mehdarella
English and American Literature: Yunna123, Super_Steven, Alittlenightmusic
English and American Literature with Creative Writing: TokenWeirdo, diamonddust
English and American Literature with a year abroad: Gooner231
English language and Linguistics: xnatalie01x
Film Studies: Tekkerz HD
Forensic Science: hannahellen, Noj2202, Babycakes Barbie
French: MadameBonheur
French and History: mellie220
German: paulmch
Health and Social Care: AMY.OX
Hispanic Studies and Business Administration: sciencehelp
History: Tierkreis, AlexInWonderland, Lelkins2010, Scott1992, Jesobel, CrypticGoose, applepumpkin
History of Art: tillytots, saaail
History with Comparative Literature: applepumpkin
History and Politics: henryb1992
International Business: irachx
International Business with French: ash121
International Relations with German: zey zey <3
IT: FF-
IT(Software Engineering: Brown.Panther
Italian & Hispanic Studies: cottonheart
Law: Lizlaz350, Amy124, helpneeded-a, nooneyouknow, holly-sophia-ox, Cast.Iron, SshLaura, Musether, adam1992, lawology
Law with French: viola146
Law with German:k.kat
Law and History:: adam1992
Mathematics: sebsy, Nkhan, __xSB
Multimedia Technology and Design: bertiehs
Pharmacy (Medway): B230
Physics: Hi.im.a.Faggot
Politics & International Relations: tiggyrocs
Politics and Law:Musether, adam1992
Psychology: NormalsWeird, sunlightxstarbright, ceriotoole93, weeping*angel
Social Anthropology:GenesisAggelos33
Sociology:Quintessence. , RGough, RachaelG, maimuna_92
War Studies: Harpoon
Web Computing: joelw
Reply 1372
Are they open on saturday ? :s
Criminology & cultural studies
Original post by sk225

Kent Union not University of Kent :smile:
Original post by Blazara
On a different note, I don't suppose any mathsy types need a graphical calculator? I've got an unopened in box/plastic thing HP 40gs that needs to go ;3

It has a massive user manual!

How much ? :tongue:
Original post by Tom_Sg
Are they open on saturday ? :s

Not usually though I imagine they're working overtime to get things done. Might not answer the phones though.

If you're worried, leave a message and a contact number
Original post by Blazara
Awesome. I'm quite happy to go way below the actual price (somewhere between 80 and 100 I think)

My housemates said he's got one, sorry :sad:
Original post by Harpoon

English and American Literature with Creative Writing: TokenWeirdo, diamonddust

Me too! :biggrin: -uberhappyface-
Original post by jaydemikaela
Yeah only 2 en-suite were allowed. I applied in December, as soon as it opened.

Okay thanks. I was asking as a friend seemed to think he was able to put 4, i started to doubt myself.

I applied in March, is it likely i'll get one of my first 2 choices or not? Next thing to worry about :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending