The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Assuming you're a home student, you'll move in on either the 24th or the 25th. The date specific to you will be in your accommodation offer :smile: If you're international, you'll move in a couple of days earlier than everybody else.

e: Unless you're doing a health course, in which case you may move in even earlier.

e2: I think you're doing foundation med? In which case you will move in with the normal freshers :smile:

Ooo great, this means I will have a day or so to unpack!
Thank you very much :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2161
im really upset as i found at the most people i know off my course will be at colman house and im in browne there is only 25 of us in our cohort too (n) . i have sent a pm to the uea man, i really hope he can help, i dnt even mind if i have to wait a few weeks:frown:
Original post by shay192
im really upset as i found at the most people i know off my course will be at colman house and im in browne there is only 25 of us in our cohort too (n) . i have sent a pm to the uea man, i really hope he can help, i dnt even mind if i have to wait a few weeks:frown:

think about it positively- at least this way you can make friends with people you live with AND on your course. I don't know if they can give you another accomodation offer.
Reply 2163
Original post by jelly1000
think about it positively- at least this way you can make friends with people you live with AND on your course. I don't know if they can give you another accomodation offer.

yeah i suppose that is true, i am extremely grateful with my offer.
do you know anything aboutbrowne house. are the rooms small? everytime i try and look at pics they group ensuit prem as a whole so i dont know what is where (n)
How many people is it in each flat in the village again? 4-6 or 6-8?
Reply 2165
Original post by diamonddust

6-8 :smile:

shay192

The rooms are pretty standard across the groups, the may be a little variation between houses/the position within the block eg corner rooms etc but pretty much they're all very similarly sized so I'd follow the website pictures :smile:

They won't change your offer but as said above it's a good thing, most people don't live with others off their course because they are so evenly spread out, unless it's one of the very most popular courses.

Then you'll have flatmate friends, course friends and hopefully others too... more likely to find someone you really gel with and hopefully you'll end up with a big group who you love!

xxx
Original post by shay192
yeah i suppose that is true, i am extremely grateful with my offer.
do you know anything aboutbrowne house. are the rooms small? everytime i try and look at pics they group ensuit prem as a whole so i dont know what is where (n)

im not sure about the size of the rooms unfortunatley, but i believe all the ones on campus are a decent size (and certainly bigger than the ones in the village anyway.) Browne House is one of the smaller halls, which means it may be harder to find fellow hall mates before you get there, but it could mean you have a greater sense of community in halls. Here is a campus map. Browne is R14:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/ccp2/campusmap

hope that helps!
Original post by diamonddust

Original post by kpwxx

The rooms are pretty standard across the groups, the may be a little variation between houses/the position within the block eg corner rooms etc but pretty much they're all very similarly sized so I'd follow the website pictures :smile:

They won't change your offer but as said above it's a good thing, most people don't live with others off their course because they are so evenly spread out, unless it's one of the very most popular courses.

Then you'll have flatmate friends, course friends and hopefully others too... more likely to find someone you really gel with and hopefully you'll end up with a big group who you love!

xxx

hi sorry to ask you but i know UEAAccomodation wont be on again til Monday.
What level of insurance is provided in the rooms? Do I need seperate insurance for my laptop & clothes.
Reply 2169
Thankyou so much kqwxx and jelly1000
I really appreciate your I feel much much confident now.
Reply 2170
Original post by jelly1000
hi sorry to ask you but i know UEAAccomodation wont be on again til Monday.
What level of insurance is provided in the rooms? Do I need seperate insurance for my laptop & clothes.

Copy and pasted from UEA FAQ website. The rooms are pretty secure anyway, just lock your door behind you all the time. Maybe look at the Endsleigh website for better information.

"8. Will I need to arrange insurance for the belongings in my room?

All students, with the exception of those in the family houses, will be automatically covered by the UEA block insurance scheme. This is a mandatory insurance which will be charged a £6 one off payment for the full academic year. This charge will be raised shortly after your arrival.

Unless you wish to increase your personal cover you do not need to take any other action in relation to room insurance. Please visit the Endsleigh website to see the insurance covered provided."
Original post by lauraslw
Copy and pasted from UEA FAQ website. The rooms are pretty secure anyway, just lock your door behind you all the time. Maybe look at the Endsleigh website for better information.

"8. Will I need to arrange insurance for the belongings in my room?

All students, with the exception of those in the family houses, will be automatically covered by the UEA block insurance scheme. This is a mandatory insurance which will be charged a £6 one off payment for the full academic year. This charge will be raised shortly after your arrival.

Unless you wish to increase your personal cover you do not need to take any other action in relation to room insurance. Please visit the Endsleigh website to see the insurance covered provided."

cheers. i shall see what cover they provide for £6. my laptop isnt expensive nor are my clothes designer.
you can sign up to santanders student current account which provides cover for your laptop, phone, mp3 etc.
Original post by High As A Kite
you can sign up to santanders student current account which provides cover for your laptop, phone, mp3 etc.

thanks but ive already signed up with Natwest. My phone is worth tuppence and my laptop wasnt hugely expensive and neither was my MP3 player. Sounds like my laptop is covered as long as it stays in my room.
Reply 2174
I've got to start packing soon as I'm moving out of my flat and it I think it will be a good idea to seperate the things I'll be taking to uni & the stuff that needs to go into storage...

Do we bring our own coat hangers? I'm thinking yes, but they are such space hoggers! When will someone invent foldable hangers lol.
Reply 2175
Original post by Fliq
I've got to start packing soon as I'm moving out of my flat and it I think it will be a good idea to seperate the things I'll be taking to uni & the stuff that needs to go into storage...

Do we bring our own coat hangers? I'm thinking yes, but they are such space hoggers! When will someone invent foldable hangers lol.

just to let you know that i have been placed in BROWNE HOUSE TOO:smile:
Reply 2176
Original post by shay192
just to let you know that i have been placed in BROWNE HOUSE TOO:smile:

Wooo :biggrin: have you joined the facebook group?
Reply 2177
Original post by Fliq
Wooo :biggrin: have you joined the facebook group?

i have sent a request :cool:
havent heard back though (n)
have you made a list yet, i move in on the 9th september
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2178
Original post by shay192
i have sent a request :cool:
havent heard back though (n)
have you made a list yet, i move in on the 9th september

Woahhh 9th September? Why so early?? I have made a list and bought a few bits and bobs :-) Most recent purchase being an alarm clock as my iphone always dies on me!
Original post by Emma Ramone
And if not, how do you cook stuff?

You'll get 2 microwave ovens. Both are basically a microwave, grill and fan oven in one. Regularly cooked pizzas, jacket potatoes, lasagnas and cakes with no problems at all. Now I'm in a house with a proper oven I actually miss the microwave ovens because they were so quick and easy to use and also had a mode for practically any type of food that you'd want to cook.

Latest

Trending

Trending