The Student Room Group

Group for those who do OCR A2 Philosophy & Ethics [Post Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jbarfie
Yeah they were well high!!! How did you do??

Sorry guys for those who are dissapointed, there are always remarks?

I got 100 for philosophy and 94 for ethics so A* overall :eek:
Reply 1061
Original post by Noodlzzz
Sorry guys for those who are dissapointed, there are always remarks?

I got 100 for philosophy and 94 for ethics so A* overall :eek:

I'm happy! :smile: Still got an A overall despite getting a C in Philosophy, Got an A in ethics though! :biggrin:
Well done!!! Did you get 3 A*'s????
Original post by jbarfie
I'm happy! :smile: Still got an A overall despite getting a C in Philosophy, Got an A in ethics though! :biggrin:
Well done!!! Did you get 3 A*'s????

Nice one, well done! 4 :colondollar:
Nice one, well done! 4 :colondollar:

Bloody hell :eek: I was just going to +rep you but I've run out. That is amazing - well done!!!
Original post by hayheyley
Bloody hell :eek: I was just going to +rep you but I've run out. That is amazing - well done!!!

Thank you :smile: I'm very tempted to send it to both Oxford and Bristol with a picture of my middle finger :wink:
Thank you :smile: I'm very tempted to send it to both Oxford and Bristol with a picture of my middle finger :wink:

Do it :colone:
Absolutely ridiculous marking!! I got a D in philosophy this year (50/100) last year i got 92/100 in philosophy and this year i thought rs went relli well, hey i even got 93/100 in ethics!! Pretty sure the marker has effed it up and forgotten to mark the last 2 questions (i hope). Even tho iv got into firm choice uni my overall grade was a B when i really think i deserve an A overall so iv sent off for my paper
Reply 1067
Original post by yougoglencoco
Absolutely ridiculous marking!! I got a D in philosophy this year (50/100) last year i got 92/100 in philosophy and this year i thought rs went relli well, hey i even got 93/100 in ethics!! Pretty sure the marker has effed it up and forgotten to mark the last 2 questions (i hope). Even tho iv got into firm choice uni my overall grade was a B when i really think i deserve an A overall so iv sent off for my paper

I was the same as this, I was predicted A* and got 181/200 last year but this year I got 133/200! I got a B overall and still got into Uni but I thought it went quite well tbh! :frown:
I got 71 in ethics and 93 in religion, so an A over all. Was so happy! Thought the exam went rubbish. Well done everyone!
Original post by Nicsx
I was the same as this, I was predicted A* and got 181/200 last year but this year I got 133/200! I got a B overall and still got into Uni but I thought it went quite well tbh! :frown:

Exactly, something just doesn't seem right and I'm not gonna be happy until I find out who was wrong, me or the exam board. If it was me I'm gonna be gutted cos philosophy was one of my favourite subjects and I was really good at it all year??!! If it's the exam board I'm gonna be p****** I could've been left with a whole grade lower than what I shouldve got when I've put in all this hard work all year. I got 50/100 which is 1 out of 2 topics so fingers crossed they didnt add up the marks from the 2nd topic...Oh and I have just realised my paper was actually AQA but still.
Somehow managed to get 97 for Philosophy and 87 for Ethics, so I've ended up with an A* overall... Seriously no idea how, pleased nonetheless :biggrin:
Reply 1071
got 100 in philosophy and 98 in ethics.
Reply 1072
to all those people moaning about their results, only a small part of it is about being good at philosophy and ethics, most of it is about learning how to answer the questions in the way the examiner wants you to.
Just scraped an A*, with 87 in Philosophy and 93 in Ethics. Very pleased with it though :smile:

I'm gonna miss Philosophy :frown:
Reply 1074
Original post by edgood93
to all those people moaning about their results, only a small part of it is about being good at philosophy and ethics, most of it is about learning how to answer the questions in the way the examiner wants you to.

But its the same technique as ethics :s and I find It difficult to go from 100/100 to 68 (although our teacher this year was the worse ive ever had in my 7 yrs in secondary education)
something seems a bit fishy with mine, been working pretty well throughout the year and was predicted a B... ended up with D in Philosophy and U in Ethics :confused: I don't think the exam went perfectly but I didn't think it was THAT bad! getting it remarked just incase OCR have screwed something up (I haven't heard good things about them this year...) and if it is their fault then they'll have hell to pay for making me miss my first choice ¬_¬ or if it was just me being denser than I thought then I guess I'll never be the next Kant or whoever :redface:
I was shocked to say the least with the result i came out with in this last exam (Philosophy).

Got A's in all of the modules beforehand and went into this exam prepared as much as the others. I even felt it went as well as the previous three after i sat it.

Come results day i received a C - 67/100, seems such a massive gap considering i felt i knew most of the content. Must've been the way i answered the question or something.

Not bothering to get it remarked as I still got an A overall... Just! (by 5 marks in the end!), would have been seething if i had got a B overall!

Look forward to seeing how other peoples remarks come back as.
I did better than I expected to be honest, got an A in Ethics and a C in Philosophy so got a B overall :smile:
Anybody have any wider reading texts that they recommend for A2? Essay writing tips would also be a bonus!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending