The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine
Yeah this is a common problem people buy too many tickets in advance, thinking that the stuff the union puts on is the only stuff going on in town, but then when you actually get there people are getting flyers and stuff from clubs in town and then decide on the day that they want to go to those....I would say that if there are these Facebook groups where you can find who is in your flat or block before you arrive, maybe ask people on there if anybody fancies the particular nights you were thinking of getting tickets for, so at least you will know in advance that there will be some people from the same halls as you going, and you can meet up with them.

Thanks for all the advice I think I'll wait until I find out what my flat details are then I can pop onto Facebook and on here to see who my flat mates are and I guess then we can all get together and decide whether we want to do something all together then gr tickets! That's probably the best plan! Thank you :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2861
Original post by <3 Music
Are you coming as an international student then or have you been over here a few years? My dad's dad was born in Ukraine and I still have family over there.

I've applied for Clarence Dock.

Wow that's great! Can you speak Ukrainian or russian?

I've done my a-levels in England and my gcses at international English school. So you've lived all your life in England then? :smile:
Reply 2862
Original post by JW_63
Hi & well done to everyone :smile: here's hoping that you enjoy your time at Leeds!

Can you be sure that the moving in dates are between the 14th & 17th ?

We want to come to Leeds a couple of days before moving in (long journey) so we need to book a hotel asap as time is moving on.

Do you think it will be safe to book a hotel for the 15th with a view to moving in on the 17th ? I can't find any confirmation about arrivals apart from the info posted for international students. The uni isn't open today so I can't call but would like to get things sorted over the weekend if poss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You can move in from the date your contract starts, which will be on the accom offer. I think most contracts start on the 14th, so you can move in then or a few days later if you want, most people will probably wait until the weekend (17th/18th) to move in for one reason or another.
Original post by JW_63
Hi & well done to everyone :smile: here's hoping that you enjoy your time at Leeds!

Can you be sure that the moving in dates are between the 14th & 17th ?

We want to come to Leeds a couple of days before moving in (long journey) so we need to book a hotel asap as time is moving on.

Do you think it will be safe to book a hotel for the 15th with a view to moving in on the 17th ? I can't find any confirmation about arrivals apart from the info posted for international students. The uni isn't open today so I can't call but would like to get things sorted over the weekend if poss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The rest of the uni may not be open but we are here :frown:

The Tannery and 51 week postgrad contracts start Saturday 10th.

Most self-catered places start Wednesday 14th (but see below) but a lot of people don't arrive until the weekend.

Most catered places start Saturday 17th and so do Devonshire self-catered and L and L blocks at Lupton

I would advise booking a hotel as soon as possible.
Original post by Gemini92

You can move in from the date your contract starts, which will be on the accom offer. I think most contracts start on the 14th, so you can move in then or a few days later if you want, most people will probably wait until the weekend (17th/18th) to move in for one reason or another.

Am I right thinking you are a current student at Leeds? If so, what printing facilities are available? How much does it cost? Can it be used for personal things? (ie. CV, letters).

Thanks.
Reply 2865
Original post by heartsandminds
Am I right thinking you are a current student at Leeds? If so, what printing facilities are available? How much does it cost? Can it be used for personal things? (ie. CV, letters).

Thanks.

I am a current student, but I don't know much about the printing system as I have my own printer in my room. After having a quick look on the uni website, I found this that may have the information you are looking for.

I am a current student, but I don't know much about the printing system as I have my own printer in my room. After having a quick look on the uni website, I found this that may have the information you are looking for.

:jumphug:
Thanks, its so cheap!!!

BTW, have you ever use the Edge Gym?
Reply 2868
Original post by heartsandminds
BTW, have you ever use the Edge Gym?

No, sorry. I've only ever been in the Edge for exams.
Original post by darrochian
I just got an email saying I got a music place, woo :smile:

yeah i've got a music place too! guess i'll be seeing you in september!
Reply 2870
Original post by missmurder
Yeah me too :smile: see you there i guess! do you know what accommodation you've got yet? x

I'm in Lupton block B, what about you?
Reply 2871

Original post by accomoffice
The rest of the uni may not be open but we are here :frown:

The Tannery and 51 week postgrad contracts start Saturday 10th.

Most self-catered places start Wednesday 14th (but see below) but a lot of people don't arrive until the weekend.

Most catered places start Saturday 17th and so do Devonshire self-catered and L and L blocks at Lupton

I would advise booking a hotel as soon as possible.

Thanks very much for the info. It's hard to know when's a good time to move in so I'm going to stick to my plan of the 17th but I'll make a visit on the 16th to see if anyone's about. If they are, I might move in that day. Hotel is booked.

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by KKKKatie
yeah i've got a music place too! guess i'll be seeing you in september!

Ha I didn't think I'd find anyone who had a music place at Devonshire before I started... Was pretty surprised to get a place! What instrument do you play and what course are you doing at Leeds? :smile:
Original post by sam693
I'm in Lupton block B, what about you?

Lupton block A haha.
Reply 2874
Tannery anyone?
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I've got basic stuff like bedding and cushions a washing basket kithchen utensils! I'm going to get the rest of the stuff over the next couple of weeks! Going to get a new laptop today and a few other bits!

I'm not sure I really want to get tickets but I want to find people to go with first! I've seen a few events that I want to go too but I'm scared to book any tickets in case I end up going by myself haha! What are you doing?:smile:

Yeah I'm waiting too partly because I don't want to be alone and because I'm not a massive fan of going to clubs so I hope I'm going to find some people going to bars rather than clubs.

Are you buying pots and pans etc for the accommodation or are you waiting to see what other people in your flat do so you don't end up with loads of sets?
Original post by Rommari
Wow that's great! Can you speak Ukrainian or russian?

I've done my a-levels in England and my gcses at international English school. So you've lived all your life in England then? :smile:

When did you move to England and where abouts in England do you live? No unfortunately I can't speak either, both me and my dad have been in Englad all our lives.
Original post by <3 Music
Yeah I'm waiting too partly because I don't want to be alone and because I'm not a massive fan of going to clubs so I hope I'm going to find some people going to bars rather than clubs.

Are you buying pots and pans etc for the accommodation or are you waiting to see what other people in your flat do so you don't end up with loads of sets?

Yeaah, i like both really so i'd like to visit a mixture of pubs and clubs just to experience them all!
Yeah, i've already bought like a kitchen starter set with everything in it thats from argos its a really good buy it gives you most things that you'll need and its not very expensive and all the stuff seem like they're going to be sturdy enough!Cause i dont want to be using other peoples stuff but we get our own cupboard space so i dont think it'll be a problem! I think we'll have a toaster and a kettle already there!
What are you going to do?
Original post by missmurder
Anyone doing Politics?

Maybe not the right thread but hey ho.

Hello, I'm doing Politics. :smile:
Original post by Eddieee
Just got my offer got Lupton! Block O anyone? :smile:

I'm in block O :smile:

Latest