The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
I added a few videos to my Sensation, they are in the .avi format and are over 100mb each and I play them using the MX video player from the market. The pictures lag badly and doesn't keep up with the sound, is there any way to get around this?

The decoder for HTC's are usually crap, I use Vplayer (probably the best imo), but Rock Player is also good.
Original post by diracdeltafunc
Why would you want to? THere is a gmail app mate.

Yes, I am aware of that - and I'm using it, but I was just wondering if there was some obvious reason you couldn't use the widget also/instead.
Original post by InTomsWonderland

Original post by InTomsWonderland
Yes, I am aware of that - and I'm using it, but I was just wondering if there was some obvious reason you couldn't use the widget also/instead.

On a phone or browser? On google chrome use the app store and get the gmail app :biggrin: It looks neat.

REPLY: OMG who doesn't like chrome! Shame on you! :crazy:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
I don't think there is.

Also Google recently severely restricted outside access to the Gmail app (Launcher Pro can no longer show you the number of new emails on it's icon, for example) so I don't think you'll see a gmail widget unless Google adds one itself.

ahh okay, thank you. I'll just stick to the app then.
Hey guys, how much do you think I could get a Nexus One for? Pre-owned of course! I have had my Hero for just over a year, and today in particular I feel that I should upgrade lol

I like the trackball and the fact that I can stick with my current favourite dev :tongue: and my Hero is still in really good condition, so maybe I could make most of my money back :colondollar:

Thanks in advance!

Original post by G8D
Look on eBay for completed listings for both phones...

Will do :ahee: I was on my phone earlier and eBay was hard to use on there :colonhash: but I'm on a computer now so I can :gangster:
I think I'll get one when I come back from holiday, after September's rent has been paid. :excited:

/coolstory
Reply 5827
Original post by yoyo462001
The decoder for HTC's are usually crap, I use Vplayer (probably the best imo), but Rock Player is also good.

Thanks. I found one on the market called MoboPlayer and it's working a lot better.
Rock Player has worked well for me on the few times I have used it.
So looking forward to being able to watch videos :smile:
Reply 5830
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1031 - See the threads in here, it happily gives you the tools needed to unlock the bootloader if your device is S-ON. :biggrin:

EDIT: More specifically: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1186401 - you'll need to S-OFF BEFORE root if not done already.

EDIT 2: Just be warned about the eMMC chip frying on you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1225064
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5831
You may be best off going to them with your issues in a new thread, stating vital stats for the phone. Sorry I couldn't be much help. :biggrin:
ARrgh I remember having his problem after doing S-off. I fixed it but can't quite remember how :angry: . It was something to do with the phone/card being mounted on the computer?

Original post by G8D
Basically I've decided I'm going to unlock my HD2, move to a £10 3 rolling contract and wait for the next big thing.

I'm going to wait for next weeks Samsung/HTC announcements then decide :smile:
For which phone?
Have a look here on xda-devs.
Reply 5836
MIUI is my absolute favourite (after having tried Sense, stock, CM6 and CM7..). It takes a bit of getting used to because there are some differences to stock Android, but it is definitely the most polished ROM I've found.
New Android user here- got myself Orange Barcelona.

Original post by G8D
Samsung may be announcing Nexus Prime and HTC are apparently announcing new Windows (:puke:) phones.

We'll see though. Had a play with the Sensation today and I really loved it :daydreaming:

Ooer we can hope
Every Android phone looks same nothing good about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending