The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I emailed to withdraw my application for accommodation a couple of days ago and now they have made me an offer! - No doubt done just so they can charge me a cancellation fee!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 221
Why would you withdraw?
Original post by kidwai
i got my offer after 6 weeks or so , but yeah

GMS , Bredon House, floor 2 :smile:

anyone else there ?

You'll be lucky I feel, although it's possible. I think there is only the one other room on your floor and about 12-15 people overall in the house. It is one of the out houses right by the gym. I was in Fields House which is the house right in front of the gym although it is being knocked down and rebuilt so noone will be in Fields next year. You should have Stoughton Leys thought, the house closest to the astro and with it's own little car park. About 15 people in there two.
Reply 223
Nixon Court block K anyone?
Reply 224
Original post by AJ_86

Block F...I think you're on the opposite end of the "court"!
Reply 225
I've been allocated Gilbert Murray hall catered, even though all my choices were self catered. I'm going to call them up and see if they have any self catered rooms left. i really don't wan't catered, don't think it would be right for me : /
Reply 226
is anyone have a idea about premium plus single in nixon court?
Reply 227
Original post by jboot04
I've been allocated Gilbert Murray hall catered, even though all my choices were self catered. I'm going to call them up and see if they have any self catered rooms left. i really don't wan't catered, don't think it would be right for me : /

No there aren't, loads of people have phoned up and already posted this fact on the thread, everyone wants self catered, there is only a quarter self catered, so yeah.
Reply 228
Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.
Just got my accommodation offer :smile: GMS Lasdun Block, Premium Single, Catered: my first choice :smile:
Also, it says Floor 01, does that mean ground floor or one up?

Heyy, I think it means one up, I found someone who's on Floor 00 so that must be ground :smile:

I'm in Lasdun as well! Block BX, Floor 01 (: Which block you in?
Reply 229
should I be worried that after 3 days, ive still found no-one in Lasdun block GX yet? :tongue:
Original post by xniczx
Heyy, I think it means one up, I found someone who's on Floor 00 so that must be ground :smile:

I'm in Lasdun as well! Block BX, Floor 01 (: Which block you in?

I'm in BX too :biggrin: Hello flatmate :tongue:
Reply 231
sadly i applied for 5 self catered and have ended with catered which is the last thing I wanted, am i screwed ? im really picky food wise so this f***ing sucks.
Reply 232
Original post by parisa383
is anyone have a idea about premium plus single in nixon court?

Well iv got it too I'm Block E Floor 2, Flat 10, Room 217 and that's premium plus single.

It basicly means its slight bigger than a standard single room and u have ur own sink in the room. Which tbh is handy as u dnt know how hygenic ur housemates will be lol.

Anyone else in nixon court block E?
Reply 233
Original post by starbugs
sadly i applied for 5 self catered and have ended with catered which is the last thing I wanted, am i screwed ? im really picky food wise so this f***ing sucks.

its only for one year though, the majority of the accommodation is catered, its not a big deal, its has its positives, your weekly spend will be massively reduced, and when your course gets very busy there is no need to worry about cooking and washing up etc.....
Reply 234
Anyone in or near Huncote Flr 0 Flat 1? :biggrin:
Reply 235
Original post by Trumpcard
Block F...I think you're on the opposite end of the "court"!

No clue. Could be. Anyways Im coming on October 2nd so we will see :smile:
Reply 236
Original post by L3ann3
Freshers starts on the 3rd October. The first week of Freshers you have no real lectures. Just introductory ones. Real lectures start on the second week of freshers.

I was in catered in the first year and our sub-warden was ok about it. i guess it depend son the sub-warden but usually they are ok as long as your guest doesn't make a nuisance of themself or destroys anything.

I'm in catered accommodation this year in GMS, how is the food?!
Reply 237
Anyone in Beaumont block 2?!
Original post by Sourcream
I'm in catered accommodation this year in GMS, how is the food?!

It's alright. Not exactly brilliant, but WAAAY better than school dinners.
Also, I really hope you like jacket potato. At least once every flippin week...

Being catered's dead convienient. Cooked breakfast every morning, food straight after labs, they even gave out flapjacks, porridge, and fruit at the bus stops during exam time.

I remember pizza, fish and chips, chilli con carne, spag bolognaise, lasagne, potato croquettes, mac and cheese, veggie chow mein, roast dinner (often steak or chicken)

You get juice and hot drinks, though they switched off the coffee machine a few times when the mugs kept getting nicked, and the glasses are tiny (unless you grabbed the pint glasses hidden on a shelf just as you leave the kitchen.

The chocolate fudge cake is awesome!

And you get a choice of 3 meals (one of which is veggie). Except on jacket potato night. That sucked.
Original post by AJ_86

Hi, my partner is coming to Leicester in October and just accepted Nixon Court - Block K.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending