The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

I got a B! 113 :biggrin: So happy.

My practical was 38 though, and I'm confused. I thought it was out of 40, but I only got a C? HELP!
Original post by angelbones
I got a B! 113 :biggrin: So happy.

My practical was 38 though, and I'm confused. I thought it was out of 40, but I only got a C? HELP!

Practical's out of 60 UMS (40 marks)

I got 138 in F215. Not quite sure how that's happened.
Reply 3682
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths

Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
Practical's out of 60 UMS (40 marks)

I got 138 in F215. Not quite sure how that's happened.

I got 138 too, go us! :biggrin:
Reply 3683
My overall mark for biology was 355 (ums i think) how close was I to a C? thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by maxb123
My overall mark for biology was 355 (ums i think) how close was I to a C? thanks

5 ums bro...
remarks?
Got an A :awesome:

I went from D at AS to A at A-level. **** YES HEDGEHOGS.

A big well done to all of you! Regardless of what you actually got in the exam it was fun revising and stressing over sheep with you guys. Have fun wherever you go! :hugs:
Original post by maxb123

Bad luck mate I got, 363 ums, u should re-mark! What u get in F215 paper?
aced this paper, got 128/150 = A
:colonhash:

not sure how though, I was more than convinced I would just scrape a D.. :fyi:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi, I got 472/480 overall. This is a B, 8 UMS from an A.

F215 totally screwed me over. Got 110/150. If it was an exam on what I had learnt, then maybe I would be here with an A right now.

Should I remark? Resit?
Coz i fuked up the f216 practical and f214 in january the minimum I needed was 148/150 for an A*.

LOl i got 148/150 - THANK YOU HEDGEHOGS. I WOULD KISS YOU IF YOU WERENT SO PRICKLY!!!
Reply 3690
Original post by empirehouse
Bad luck mate I got, 363 ums, u should re-mark! What u get in F215 paper?

88 :frown: I came out the exam confident I got atleast a B in that exam.. weird.

I have sent off for a remark... Has anyone had a remark before? Need 5 ums and wonder what the chances are :frown:
Reply 3691
please help.. does anyone know what a photocopied script request is? does it mean I can get the paper back to see if I want a remark before actually risking it?
Reply 3692
I cant believe I got an E in this paper. Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I thought I got around a B grade or at least a C. :sigh:

It didn't affect my overall grade though so I guess I cant complain. :sad:
Original post by slacker07906

F215 totally screwed me over. Got 110/150. If it was an exam on what I had learnt, then maybe I would be here with an A right now.

Should I remark? Resit?

I'll probably resit the paper during my first year of university. I found that if I got 9 more marks I would have got my A grade. I messed up the maths questions which was ridiculous for me (5 marks), and there were a couple of other things I should have got if I was thinking straight. I was panicking after the first question, I do feel slightly stupid for missing the A.
Managed 133/150 on this paper :smile: very happy, even though I wasted countless hours on perfecting genetics questions and none came up lol...

Original post by Mandy92
please help.. does anyone know what a photocopied script request is? does it mean I can get the paper back to see if I want a remark before actually risking it?

Yes you get a photocopy of the original script with marks annotated which the examiner has given you, you can then get a remark if you (and your teacher) think you deserve more. Remember though this is a long process, if you need to remark for a uni place you don't have time to get a photocopy first imo.
Hated this paper :frown: but after looking at grade boundaries expected a bit better!! But after all I just scraped the C which just got me into Kent! So glad:smile: I never have to look at bio again!!!
Reply 3696
Original post by slacker07906

Should I remark? Resit?

Did you get into the university you needed? If so, it doesn't matter. If not then resit.

I got 116/150 and I am definitely resitting. I want that high A. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
I somehow managed to get a U 44/150 in F215!! I thought i'd got at least a C, oh well always resits.
I thought I failed this so bad... ended up getting 143/150!!! So happy! Quick question though, for an A* grade does the practical count? Because I got 76/90, 40/60 for the F214 and practical. I'm wondering how far away from an A* I am?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, I just never considered that I might even get close to an A* grade so I don't know much about it :smile:
Original post by QueenVic92
I thought I failed this so bad... ended up getting 143/150!!! So happy! Quick question though, for an A* grade does the practical count? Because I got 76/90, 40/60 for the F214 and practical. I'm wondering how far away from an A* I am?

Sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, I just never considered that I might even get close to an A* grade so I don't know much about it :smile:

If the practical does count which I think it does, then I think you are 11 UMS away from an A*.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending