The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6640
Original post by Vulpes
Here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1713208

Put your A2 predictions in the A Level section.

thanks for the link, but you havent really answered my question :/
Reply 6641
Original post by eemooz
SOMEONE REPLY?!?! :'(

okay guysss.. here are my as results

chem b
maths a
bio c
philosophy c

im resiting some of the exams in jan, and that will pull me up to a A in all of them except philosophy which will be a B...

which universitys will take me? wont i have to declare my results on ucas? wont they see that ive done horribly and choose other people even if i have good predicted grades?
the grades i achieved are not like me.. im normally a straight A student..

someone help? :frown:

Well I answered "which universitys will take me? "

You do have to declare your results on UCAS but if you are resitting them, you can put them down as "pending". If you normally are a straight A student, your reference will back you up.
Original post by eemooz
SOMEONE REPLY?!?! :'(

chem b
maths a
bio c
philosophy c

im resiting some of the exams in jan, and that will pull me up to a A in all of them except philosophy which will be a B...

which universitys will take me? wont i have to declare my results on ucas? wont they see that ive done horribly and choose other people even if i have good predicted grades?

Yeah, same position, but I found this out today regarding AS grades;

Oxford don't care formally, but might consider it if you cash them in and have them on the form.
Leeds don't care full stop.
Leicester don't care full stop.
Birmingham will see that you are disadvantaged compared to AAAA students, but it won't make your chances of interview zero. High predictions at A2 won't necessarily negate this.
Imperial don't mention it on their website.
UCL mention consistently that they consider AS grades, and expect candidates to excel in relevant subjects ie Chem and Bio, so it's quite risky there.
Sheffield don't care about AS grades either - Cleoleo
Cambridge clearly care, past AAAA and expect high % scores

I wrote this yesterday. When compiling it, I only really considered the BMAT and midlands universities, ie the ones I'm likely to apply to. Which means that there's 20 other universities that you can contact and ask.
Original post by maemg
So yea this is the medicine 2012 thread for people applying for medicine in late 2011 ...lets get stated nice and early!!

I GOT AAAB :biggrin: i get to apply!!!! :smile:
Reply 6644
Hi,
I got A from chemistry, A from Maths and B in biology, however i only missed 3 UMS for an A.
In addition two languages done at AS and A2.

Do you think i can apply to imperial? I hope 3 UMS will not such a big difference, particularly if GCSE's are very good.

Thanks for help :smile:
All A's :biggrin:
Reply 6646
Original post by JChoudhry
All A's :biggrin:

That's great, and haven't seen you in ages :smile:
Reply 6647
Original post by Straight up G
I wrote this yesterday. When compiling it, I only really considered the BMAT and midlands universities, ie the ones I'm likely to apply to. Which means that there's 20 other universities that you can contact and ask.

thankyouuuuu, :smile:
Anyone else trip up on CHEM2??
I did my UKCAT today and got 650, is that enough to apply to King's? I've heard they balance out UKCAT with academics in selecting applicants for interviews, I hope that's true :afraid:
Reply 6650
Original post by instrumentalist
I did my UKCAT today and got 650, is that enough to apply to King's? I've heard they balance out UKCAT with academics in selecting applicants for interviews, I hope that's true :afraid:

UKCAT + GCSEs I've heard
650 is above average but high (ish) GCSE grades would probably be required
What would be a realistic score to aim for with 6A* 3As when applying to Kings?
Reply 6652
Original post by eemooz

chem b
maths a
bio c
philosophy c

Im in the same situation as you im afraid :frown: I have never failed a subject in my life and then BAMMM .. i got my chemistry result! I got an E in Chemistry so im going to have to retake both the modules so yours isnt so bad. And someone told me that you dont have to put your grades on UCAS only your predicted grades that the school gives you so dont worry :smile: Dont stress and makes sure you get the A's and put all your effort into it.. you can do it! Universities will take you if you get the predicted grades so make sure your teachers give you them and you'll be a doctor in no time :smile: Hope that help and good luck
Reply 6653
PLEASE HELP I START WORK EXPERIENCE IN A HOSPITAL TOMORROW. ARE PUMPS - OPEN SHOES like these http://www.next.co.uk/women/ballerinas . If they are what can I wear as closed shoes but not trainers ?
Reply 6654
If I will get predicted A*AA...will unis give me an offer of A*AA, or would they still give me their requirement offer of AAA? Thanks
Reply 6655
Original post by Erotas
If I will get predicted A*AA...will unis give me an offer of A*AA, or would they still give me their requirement offer of AAA? Thanks

My predicted grades were A*AA but I was offered AAA from Manchester last year. It really depends as they can offer you what they like, even if it is above the required grades. My friend was doing 5 A levels and was offered AAAAC but then the principle rang up and managed to get it down to AAA with a must A in Chemistry at Queen Mary's.
Reply 6656
Original post by s_candy
My predicted grades were A*AA but I was offered AAA from Manchester last year. It really depends as they can offer you what they like, even if it is above the required grades. My friend was doing 5 A levels and was offered AAAAC but then the principle rang up and managed to get it down to AAA with a must A in Chemistry at Queen Mary's.

Thank you! Were you predicted A*AA from anywhere though? Because I'm going to try my best to get the A* but I don't want to miss out on a place because I missed the offer which could have been AAA.
Reply 6657
Original post by Erotas
Thank you! Were you predicted A*AA from anywhere though? Because I'm going to try my best to get the A* but I don't want to miss out on a place because I missed the offer which could have been AAA.

No, it was my only offer for med :/ I understand your dilemma but that will be something for you to decide. My predicted gardes only managed to get me one interview (Manchester)
My UKCAT was 652.5 and I had 11 A's at GCSE. My PS was pretty good too, but honestly it's up to you. Overall your most important factor in deciding whther or not you get an offer is your PS- make sure it's strong.
As for the A levels, do you feel that if you were offered A*AA could you acheive those results? I was told higher predictions give you a better chance but I understand you don't want to risk it. Talk to your school/college maybe?
Sorry I couldn't really help.
Does anyone know the BMAT cut off for Imperial College for 2011 entry ?
Reply 6659
Original post by rsp
PLEASE HELP I START WORK EXPERIENCE IN A HOSPITAL TOMORROW. ARE PUMPS - OPEN SHOES like these http://www.next.co.uk/women/ballerinas . If they are what can I wear as closed shoes but not trainers ?

I'm sure they'll be fine :smile:

Latest