The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Accommodation at Swansea

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys,

I applied to Swansea University as my insurance, and due to my A-Level grades am going there now. I applied for accomodation July something. Any chance of getting my 1st or 2nd preference?

Also can't the deposit be payed at a later date? I don't think my parents can give me £200 up front for it. :frown: I'm so screwed.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by SilentIdea
Hey Guys,

I applied to Swansea University as my insurance, and due to my A-Level grades am going there now. I applied for accomodation July something. Any chance of getting my 1st or 2nd preference?

Also can't the deposit be payed at a later date? I don't think my parents can give me £200 up front for it. :frown: I'm so screwed.

I applied in late July due to changing my first choice university and i was still able to get into my first choice accomodation. Not sure about the deposit, maybe talk to the residential services, they've been fairly helpful for me so far. Hopefully you shouldn't have anything to worry about :smile:

Cefn Bryn room 409! :P
Anyone know if the halls in swansea university also have ethernet ports? I am planning on bringing my PC and it is not equipped with a wireless adapter. Looking at their site it seems that it's only wireless. :s-smilie:
Reply 183
Got in on campus in Penmaen! :smile: Lie-ins for me!
im confirmed in swansea (my firm choice :biggrin:) but i havent recieved an accomodation offer yet even though i applied back in May :/ anyone else not got an accommodation offer yet?
Original post by Emily100

Ha, true, that was a massive deciding factor for me on what i applied for :P
Reply 186
Any chance of getting my 1st or 2nd preference?

It really depends what preferences they were. Which did you choose?
Original post by Cicerao
It really depends what preferences they were. Which did you choose?

I think my first choice was caswell. I can't remember my others choices. ;L
Reply 188
I think my first choice was caswell. I can't remember my others choices. ;L

Okay. On one hand those are popular because they're en-suites, but on the other hand they're only 36 week contracts which tend to be less popular (you have to vacate the room completely over Easter.)

I was going to say if you picked the Village, anyone who chose that as a first choice is almost guaranteed.
Original post by Cicerao
Okay. On one hand those are popular because they're en-suites, but on the other hand they're only 36 week contracts which tend to be less popular (you have to vacate the room completely over Easter.)

I was going to say if you picked the Village, anyone who chose that as a first choice is almost guaranteed.

Well the village was my last preference choices. ;L I hope I get into somewhere decent. ;\ I don't want to end up paying really expensive accomodation because all other cheap places are taken. :frown:
Reply 190
Well the village was my last preference choices. ;L I hope I get into somewhere decent. ;\ I don't want to end up paying really expensive accomodation because all other cheap places are taken. :frown:

The village is the cheapest! So if you got your last choice, you'll be good on the financial front. ;D Seriously though, I'd bet £100 you won't go any further than your third choice, if that. :smile:
Original post by Cicerao
The village is the cheapest! So if you got your last choice, you'll be good on the financial front. ;D Seriously though, I'd bet £100 you won't go any further than your third choice, if that. :smile:

With the village, I'm just worried about the distance to lectures etc. I don't own a car. :s-smilie: Thanks for the help.

BTW do you know if halls have ethernet ports?
Reply 192
With the village, I'm just worried about the distance to lectures etc. I don't own a car. :s-smilie: Thanks for the help.

BTW do you know if halls have ethernet ports?

I lived in the village last year and I certainly didn't have a car. :smile: It's a short bus ride away, ~10 minutes. To get to the 11:00 lecture, for example, I used to get the 10:42 bus.

And I don't think there are any eternet ports since the wireless is so good, but don't quote me on that.
Original post by hsmith7
So I'm in the village, 211 / 02 anyone near me :smile: so excited only 5 weeks to go, btw I'm doing mathematics.

Im in 212/03 in halls and doing maths and physics :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by woolleywoo
Im in 212/03 in halls and doing maths and physics :smile:

Oooh I'll have to come say hello :smile:
Reply 195
got into the village 226 / 04 :biggrin: so excited !!!

doing mathematics for finance
Original post by Emily100

I got an offer for Penmaen as well, 302, what number are you? :biggrin:
Original post by ffoulkesie
im confirmed in swansea (my firm choice :biggrin:) but i havent recieved an accomodation offer yet even though i applied back in May :/ anyone else not got an accommodation offer yet?

Same! I'm a bit worried about mine because I applied for accommodation way back, in like April, prior to realising that applications were only valid from May onwards, so I had to reapply but I had a few problems doing this and I'm slightly concerned my application has got lost on the database or something! Where have you applied, out of interest? :smile: I'm hoping to be on campus!
Reply 198
Hey,

I got an offer for Penmaen, i'm guessing PEN0511 is the fifth floor, is that right?

Thanks
Reply 199
does any1 know if you can move to campus halls in the 2nd term?

Quick Reply

Latest