The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Okay. What is the deal people!?

For my course at Queen's I needed ABB - I've got A*AB. Whilst people with lower grades than me and applied for the same firm as me got their confirmation on UCAS at 7am, why has my UCAS remained the same as always - hasn't changed at all.

Even their website portal says 'Pending Decision'. I don't understand why this is when I've not only met, but exceeded my offer :/

I think it's an automatic thing, because you don't have what they asked for exactly it goes to pending for a bit. But you have over the grades needed so I shouldn't see why you won't get it.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
any 1 applied for civil engineering/chemistry via clearing here??
Woooooohoooooooo I am ecstatic!

"The current status of your application is:

Congratulations! Your place at Queen's University Belfast (Q75) to study Computing and Information Technology (GG45) has been confirmed."

I'm living the dream, it is that surreal for me! :')
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Woooooohoooooooo I am ecstatic!

"The current status of your application is:

Congratulations! Your place at Queen's University Belfast (Q75) to study Computing and Information Technology (GG45) has been confirmed."

I'm living the dream, it is that surreal for me! :')

Congrats :smile:

See you in the module Fundementals of Programming :smile:
Woooo accommodation offer came today!
Reply 305
Original post by Tungsten180
Woooo accommodation offer came today!

Awww mine didn't! maybe I'm not gonna get accomodation at elms.I only live half an hour drive from Belfast thats probably why
Original post by Harbour
Awww mine didn't! maybe I'm not gonna get accomodation at elms.I only live half an hour drive from Belfast thats probably why

Yeah I think people from outside N.Ireland get priority which is good for me otherwise I would be a bit stuck if I had to find a flat at such short notice from about 250 miles away :P. Kinda sucks though for people closer to the uni :s-smilie: Hopefully you'll get an offer!
Reply 307
Hi!

I would be an undergraduate in Queen's this year, in "Computer Science". Though, I'd be trying changing at the end of year for "Computer Games Development".

Got my accommodation yesterday in Elms Village. Oak08. Anyone there or in the same course as me?
Reply 308
Original post by Tungsten180
Yeah I think people from outside N.Ireland get priority which is good for me otherwise I would be a bit stuck if I had to find a flat at such short notice from about 250 miles away :P. Kinda sucks though for people closer to the uni :s-smilie: Hopefully you'll get an offer!

Well you are right of course about the problems people like u would face if you didnt get priority placing at elms accomodation.
Though i dont fink id enjoy bein a student as much if i had to get a lift/bus/train up and down everyday :frown:
Wonder if its true wot i heard about international/rest of uk people being placed mostly in the same building rather than mixed in with all the native NI students?
Reply 309
Original post by tyson123g
Hi!

I would be an undergraduate in Queen's this year, in "Computer Science". Though, I'd be trying changing at the end of year for "Computer Games Development".

Got my accommodation yesterday in Elms Village. Oak08. Anyone there or in the same course as me?

ooh finally ive found someone doing the same course as me :smile: (computer games development).
would just like to ask.. any suggestions on what would be the best laptop to get for my course.
what do you mean you got your accomodation? have they contacted you to tell you thats where you're staying?
Original post by Conuir
ooh finally ive found someone doing the same course as me :smile: (computer games development).
would just like to ask.. any suggestions on what would be the best laptop to get for my course.
what do you mean you got your accomodation? have they contacted you to tell you thats where you're staying?

You will all be in the same modules, Computer Science, Game Dev, CIT, they *all* do one module in particular, CSC1011/1012 Fundementals of Programming - it's Java..... :smile: welcome to the fun! lol
Reply 311
Original post by Conuir

My exact sentiments. :smile:

About laptop, I haven't actually thought about. I don't think we need to purchase high end gaming laptops. Normal laptops should suffice, in my opinion. Just see that you don't buy one, which has intel on board graphics. I have heard, those are the worst of all the on board graphics. But obviously there are many other factors, I'm unaware about.

I applied for accommodation in Elms Village, in early July. I got my letter on 19th saying I got a room in Oak Avenue, Oak08.
Reply 312
Original post by tyson123g
My exact sentiments. :smile:

About laptop, I haven't actually thought about. I don't think we need to purchase high end gaming laptops. Normal laptops should suffice, in my opinion. Just see that you don't buy one, which has intel on board graphics. I have heard, those are the worst of all the on board graphics. But obviously there are many other factors, I'm unaware about.

I applied for accommodation in Elms Village, in early July. I got my letter on 19th saying I got a room in Oak Avenue, Oak08.

Well, you see i havent exactly got a laptop of my own at the minute, so when i do go to belfast to uni, im not going to have one at all.. so if i need to buy one now, i'd like to get one now that'd keep for the 5 years, or at least a few of the years, of my course and be up to required standard..

I also havent a clue what software is needed either. :L

EDIT: Hope my letter comes today for accommodation..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 313
Ok, so i live just outside bushmills... (no jokes please) - has anyone else from NI, but a brave distance from belfast like me heard anything back from Accomodation??
Reply 314
Original post by Conuir

Its a sunday? No post on sundays :tongue:
Reply 315
Original post by Conuir
Well, you see i havent exactly got a laptop of my own at the minute, so when i do go to belfast to uni, im not going to have one at all.. so if i need to buy one now, i'd like to get one now that'd keep for the 5 years, or at least a few of the years, of my course and be up to required standard..

I also havent a clue what software is needed either. :L

Well, I'd definitely suggest taking something above an i3 processor. They have introduced 2nd gen i series, so if someone gives you 1st gen, don't take it because there's not much price difference between the both gens. (2nd gen would have a "2" in front of the processor name. Ex - 1st gen - i5 410M, 2nd gen - i5 2410M). They give 4 GB ram mostly, so I think you won't have much problem in that. But try buying one which says "upgradable upto (a higher amount, like 8/16 GB, so that if there's a need in future, you can always buy one and fit in the slots).

Software is something, we'd get to know when we get there.

In the first common module, if we are doing Java (which I have done a bit during my high school), you'd probably Netbeans (which is free, actually). But don't worry about software, until you get there.

Edit : I seem to have made a mistake in expressing. I got an email, not a physical letter. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 316
Scratch that - my Accommodation Email just came through --- ASH 03. En suite. WOOOOOO!!!!
I'm still waiting for my accomodation offer! I live about 45 mins from Belfast but hopefully it comes through soon :smile:
Original post by Rob-Bob
Scratch that - my Accommodation Email just came through --- ASH 03. En suite. WOOOOOO!!!!

ooooo i got ASH 08 en suite...dont know if that is the same building/floor though :P
Original post by paradise_sky
ooooo i got ASH 08 en suite...dont know if that is the same building/floor though :P

I'm in Ash 12! Think they all different buildings, anyone else in Ash12 too?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending