Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by Raguman
I'd like to know this too. Not that I think i'll get one, just interested in seeing what they have to offer :smile:

What course are you doing?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
can someone pleasssse help me out. i'm confused and trying to work out how much left over money i will have to spend on food/going out etc. you know if you're entitled to the maximum loan and get the grant too, is the amount that is shown on my student finance page the amount that i will be given? because i know that part of the grant gets paid off for the maintenance loan so likkke will i have to subtract a certain amount off the amount on my page to work out how much i'm actually going to be living on? aggghh does this make any sense?
Original post by zedjay010
can someone pleasssse help me out. i'm confused and trying to work out how much left over money i will have to spend on food/going out etc. you know if you're entitled to the maximum loan and get the grant too, is the amount that is shown on my student finance page the amount that i will be given? because i know that part of the grant gets paid off for the maintenance loan so likkke will i have to subtract a certain amount off the amount on my page to work out how much i'm actually going to be living on? aggghh does this make any sense?

What it says you will be given for maintenance grant and what it says you will get for the loan will be right, it should give you a total for the year which they have worked out term by term when combining the two together.

Don't forget their will also be a university bursary to add to that in mid february and mid may as well which won't be included on these figures from student finance. these can be found on the uni website and if your getting the maximum loan and grant then its around about £1000 if not a tiny bit more for this. thats split between both payments btw, so £500 each payment date.
Reply 3083
HEY HEY HEYYY

Anyone staying in The Maltings???? What days are everyone moving in? And anyone studying Fash Promotion and Communication?? AHHH EXCITEMENTTTT
Reply 3084
Original post by lolo66
What course are you doing?

Chinese & Global Studies :smile:
Reply 3085
Original post by babelicious_1986
What it says you will be given for maintenance grant and what it says you will get for the loan will be right, it should give you a total for the year which they have worked out term by term when combining the two together.

Don't forget their will also be a university bursary to add to that in mid february and mid may as well which won't be included on these figures from student finance. these can be found on the uni website and if your getting the maximum loan and grant then its around about £1000 if not a tiny bit more for this. thats split between both payments btw, so £500 each payment date.

That's awesome! do we get that regardless of what our parents earn? (stupid question I know, but my sister gets one from her Uni but only if our parents earn less than a combined salary of 27k :smile: )
Original post by Raguman
That's awesome! do we get that regardless of what our parents earn? (stupid question I know, but my sister gets one from her Uni but only if our parents earn less than a combined salary of 27k :smile: )

Would this be the bursary you mean???

If so its on a sliding scale so those with maximum loan get most and it goes down like that...check out this page and it will tell you what you get based on parents earnings. http://www.ntu.ac.uk/apps/applyingfees/prospective.cfm?p=1&s=5&y=11&t=4
Reply 3087
Anyone else not had a confirmation email or not had their offer confirmed on Track? :confused:
Hello

Starting at Brackenhurst campus for Physical Geography. I'm probably in Cherry block but that is just a guess on my room number.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3089
Original post by Brradders
Yeah I bought one, it's easier than paying with cash to get in to stuff

Did you buy one online?
Im trying to confirm the booking of my accommodation online but when i log in the only options that come up are:

Enrol Here
View Results
Update Your Personal Information
Graduation Ceremony
Module Selection
Online Placements
Research Degree Forms

Not too sure what to do? :s-smilie:
Original post by Lianne93
Did you buy one online?

Yep ordered it off the student union website :smile:
Reply 3092
Original post by Smilie :)

[QUOTE=Smilie [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];33543479]Im trying to confirm the booking of my accommodation online but when i log in the only options that come up are:

Enrol Here
View Results
Update Your Personal Information
Graduation Ceremony
Module Selection
Online Placements
Research Degree Forms

Not too sure what to do? :s-smilie:

Yeah I've got this problem too, bit scared I may lose my accommodation :/ Any help would be much appreciated!!
Original post by Lozza666
Yeah I've got this problem too, bit scared I may lose my accommodation :/ Any help would be much appreciated!!

When did you sort out your accomodation? When I sorted mine out on Friday the guy told me I only had 24 hours to confirm my booking, otherwise I'd lose it
Original post by Brradders
When did you sort out your accomodation? When I sorted mine out on Friday the guy told me I only had 24 hours to confirm my booking, otherwise I'd lose it

i was just about to ask the exact same thing. Try going into it via the university book accommodation webpage which is https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/pls/selfservice/bwskamls.p_selectdetails click the link on the fifth sentence down and that should after logging in take you to the page with your details on for the accommodation, if not then I don't know what to suggest other than contact them in the morning. this is for lozza666 and smilie btw
Anyone in Norton court?
I'm room 143 (flat 14, room 3) and studying Print Journalism :smile:

Cheska x
Original post by k.colfer

HEY HEY HEYYY

Anyone staying in The Maltings???? What days are everyone moving in? And anyone studying Fash Promotion and Communication?? AHHH EXCITEMENTTTT

Hey, yeah i'm doing FCP, exited too! Staying at hampden though xxx
Original post by Rose Lewis
Hey, yeah i'm doing FCP, exited too! Staying at hampden though xxx

Woo another hampdener :biggrin: what room are you in?

HEY HEY HEYYY

Heyyyyyyyyyy I'm doing FCP too and also at the Maltings :biggrin: I'm in number 11104. Can't wait for freshers :smile:
Original post by Lozza666

Same! I called up yesterday and they said my rooms reserved until Monday, so im think im going to call up Monday morning and see what they say! Hope you manage to sort it all out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending