Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Loz17
What one are you in?

Mine says Darwin, but I didn't apply for Darwin accom ;3 (I think)

Okay, I was super wrong - my third and fourth options were Darwin :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by cinnamon442
It depends. My mate had to pay £840 for his placement year.

Yeah I forgot where it cost 50 for a year placement tbh. But I swear I did see it on a university page somewhere.
Reply 1402
Original post by Blazara
FRESHERS WHO HAVE IT ACCESS:

Click the 'my records' button.
Look at you college allocation - what does it say?

Edit - I'm Darwin

Keynes and i applied for parkwood flats :smile:
Original post by Blazara
Mine says Darwin, but I didn't apply for Darwin accom ;3 (I think)

Might be in Parkwood :dontknow:

College =/= accommodation in some cases, but does in others. It's really complicated.

Students living in Parkwood seem to be assigned to random colleges from what I've seen. But those actually living in college accommadation are part of that college i.e.

Rutherford/Tyler Court = Rutherford
Elliot/Becket Court = Eliot
Keynes = Keynes
Darwin flats/houses = Darwin
Parkwood = Usually Keynes but are randomly assigned in many cases.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by intox123
Keynes and i applied for parkwood flats :smile:

Did you have keynes as an option after PW?

Original post by Loz17
Might be in Parkwood :dontknow:

College =/= accommodation in some cases, but does in others. It's really complicated.

Students living in Parkwood seem to be assigned to random colleges from what I've seen.

Yeah, I just checked (and edited my post) I did apply for Darwin as 3+4. So, I might be either D;
Reply 1405
Original post by Blazara
Did you have keynes as an option after PW?

Yeah, I just checked (and edited my post) I did apply for Darwin as 3+4. So, I might be either D;

Nope, done PW flats, houses, and both tyler courts(i think, done it back in feb)
Nope, done PW flats, houses, and both tyler courts(i think, done it back in feb)

Gratz then, you might have made Parkwood? (Presuming my hypothesis is correct :holmes:)
Reply 1407
Original post by Blazara
Gratz then, you might have made Parkwood? (Presuming my hypothesis is correct :holmes:)

Haha i really hope so! :smile: what are you hoping for?
Haha i really hope so! :smile: what are you hoping for?

I was hoping for Parkwood, but I can't determine if I got it 'cause of choosing Darwin as a secondary. Boo :frown:
Original post by Blazara

You'll know after tomorrow :h:

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist's name that the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:
Original post by Loz17

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:

He should have spelt his name differently :frown:
Loz is right, Parkwood are assigned random colleges. So if you're #1 choice was based in Parkwood then knowing your college may not make too much difference just yet :no:
Original post by Blazara
He should have spelt his name differently :frown:

He's scottish IIRC
Reply 1413
Original post by Blazara
I was hoping for Parkwood, but I can't determine if I got it 'cause of choosing Darwin as a secondary. Boo :frown:

Good luck then! :biggrin:

Original post by Loz17

Oh btw just to stop the name of the college being pronounces wrong. Keynes isn't pronounced as you see it, it's pronounced "Kaynes" or cains if you've prefer. Have a listen to the pronounciation of the economist's name that the college was named after if you don't believe me :p:

I'm glad you pointed this out, ive been saying keynes as you would see it! haha :/
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Loz is right, Parkwood are assigned random colleges. So if you're #1 choice was based in Parkwood then knowing your college may not make too much difference just yet :no:

Nope :cry2:, but for those who didn't I guess it helps them ;3
I'm glad you pointed this out, ive been saying keynes as you would see it! haha :/

So do about 80% of the rest of the students :sigh: but tbh it's easily done :p:
Original post by Blazara

Yeah I got the same! And I was also hoping for parkwood, so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Blazara

Edit - I'm Darwin

So i know you answered me in my thread :P But so i'm sure, i can't login to here without my kent ID which Kent should have emailed me, but haven't? ¬¬
Original post by Loz17
So do about 80% of the rest of the students :sigh: but tbh it's easily done :p:

People always look at me funny when I pronounce it properly :frown: I've stopped, and end up saying it as it looks now if I'm with Uni friends!
Original post by Blazara

Edit - I'm Darwin

Mine says Rutherford but I deffo didn't apply for that, so judging by what others have been saying, I guess I'm in Tyler Court :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending