The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

accommodation at stafford!

Hi, I received my accommodation offer at stafford court today. Thought we could try and see whos gonna be your neighbours before we get there!
I got Weston house, flat 5, room 25

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Second Floor, Flat 10, Room 46, Eccleshall House.

I'm waiting until I'm sure of my bank details before I accept, and to make sure I have enough for the £250 upfront.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Btw, anyone got a plan of Stafford court so we can see where the different houses are please>???:smile:
Reply 3
What you can do is look up 'Hello Freshers' on Google and there should be a link to a page from Staffs Uni in your results (or www.hellofreshers.co.uk/staffs in your web address). Select 'Stafford Court & Yarlet' and at the top of the next screen is a list of all the house names. Pick the one you're in and the next page has a diagram that highlights your house in the general map of the halls.

Recommend you don't mess with the whole Facebook thingies or anything yet, I think the maps still show residents from last year and it might still not be refreshed for this year...

On another note, does your offer say what floor you're on? Ground, First or Second (Top)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi, thanks for that. Its second floor- not sure if thats good or not!!
Reply 5
Second floor is actually the top of three levels. There's Ground, First and Second is the top floor.
Damn. Im on the top floor then!
Reply 7
Why would you not want to be on the top floor? you have nobody banging above you and you have nobody walking past your window.
Reply 8
Move in/move out can be a pain if you're on top floor :smile: I've never had an issue and i've been on ground floor 3 times
Original post by cbuckley92
Why would you not want to be on the top floor? you have nobody banging above you and you have nobody walking past your window.

I suppose thats one of the perks of the top floor

Original post by volmasoft
Move in/move out can be a pain if you're on top floor :smile: I've never had an issue and i've been on ground floor 3 times

This. And there's the fact that you have to walk up/down stairs for being on the top floor. I suppose once I've moved in, it won't be too bad
Reply 10
Original post by de_monies
And there's the fact that you have to walk up/down stairs for being on the top floor. I suppose once I've moved in, it won't be too bad

Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna be easy to get used to, to be honest.
Original post by ricb321
Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna be easy to get used to, to be honest.

In all fairness, I have to go down two floors to get down to the living room at the minute but I'd prefer to be lazy
Reply 12
Hi could somebody please let us know what is in Stafford Court kitchens , for example is there a kettle or toaster? Be a bit silly everyone bringing one and ending up with 12!!
Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by firefly111
Hi could somebody please let us know what is in Stafford Court kitchens , for example is there a kettle or toaster? Be a bit silly everyone bringing one and ending up with 12!!
Thanks

If it hasn't changed since when I was there 2 years ago then its a yes to both of those items!
Reply 14
Original post by mattyboi90
If it hasn't changed since when I was there 2 years ago then its a yes to both of those items!

Thanks very much
Reply 15
Was assigned room 8 but trying to change to top floor. yarlet
Original post by firefly111
Thanks

Original post by mattyboi90

I didn't get a toaster last year :frown: got a kettle though, shame I don't like hot drinks :tongue:
Reply 17
Norbury house, first floor, room 38

Hi my name is Siva, BEng Telecommunication Eng, anyone in the same house or floor?
Original post by T_bolton
Was assigned room 8 but trying to change to top floor. yarlet

Top floor Yarlet was the single greatest accomodation at Stafford! For all the naysayers about it, Yarlet has the biggest rooms, biggest kitchens, most toilet and shower facilities and is isolated from security so you can do what you want really.
Reply 19
The uni don't provide toasters but provide a kettle + microwave :smile:

Quick Reply