The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SalC
Hey, I'm looking at applying to BCU to start september 2012, i'd be doing Speech and Language Therapy at City South. Would you mind if once you've settled in just dropping me a message to let me know how you find the accommodation and living in the city? :smile:

That'll be fine, if you like I can email you some pictures once I've settled in?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
That'll be fine, if you like I can email you some pictures once I've settled in?

I wish you had some pictures now. I want to see what the City South halls look like on the inside!
Reply 62
Any one doing Business and Human Resource Management? :tongue:
Original post by Aust1n
I wish you had some pictures now. I want to see what the City South halls look like on the inside!

Unfortunatley I'm not moving in till the 11th, if you are deferring for next year I can forward you pics too, unless you're comnig this year in which case see you there! :tongue:
Hi all,
Really looking forward to starting on the 19th and freshers week!.. If Im sad enough that i don't make any friends can I take a friend (none student) to the freshers fair?
Thanks in advance ppl :wink:
Reply 65
is anyone here studying architecture or know of anyone please get them to contact me, many thanks!!
Reply 66
hey is anyone going to be studying Textile Design at BCU? :smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Unfortunatley I'm not moving in till the 11th, if you are deferring for next year I can forward you pics too, unless you're comnig this year in which case see you there! :tongue:

I'm moving in on the 4th! My course starts on the 5th, it's all happening so fast!
Reply 68
I'm studying fashion retail management and staying at curzon gateway! Move in on the 17th, can't wait for freshers!!
Guys i have a question,

just got my acceptance letter from bcu telling me that induction is on the 20th but on the letter it also says that commence date is the 19th, does this mean that i only need to go in for the induction on the 20th and just ignore the 19th commence date? someone please answer

thanks
Reply 70
Original post by wastelander
Guys i have a question,

just got my acceptance letter from bcu telling me that induction is on the 20th but on the letter it also says that commence date is the 19th, does this mean that i only need to go in for the induction on the 20th and just ignore the 19th commence date? someone please answer

thanks

You should have a first week time table with that letter.

My course starts on the fifth, we have some random stuff on that day; then our enrolment starts the following day.
I'd call up just to double check.
Original post by Aust1n
You should have a first week time table with that letter.

My course starts on the fifth, we have some random stuff on that day; then our enrolment starts the following day.
I'd call up just to double check.

Nope no time table with the letter, just information about stuff i need to bring in with me along with some travel info, other than that nothing

Anyone got any idea about what i should do?
Nope no time table with the letter, just information about stuff i need to bring in with me along with some travel info, other than that nothing

Hi im in exactly the same position as you. Have you found any answers?
Reply 73

Call them, Wastelander. Watch out for Deathclaws on the way there...
Original post by Faisal_R
Hi im in exactly the same position as you. Have you found any answers?

Nope nothing yet, im asuming your letter came with no timetable too?

Original post by Aust1n
Call them, Wastelander. Watch out for Deathclaws on the way there...

Will be unable to contact them untill tuesday, cause monday is a bank holiday??...anyone else in this position too? please post, thanks
Im guessing everyone here is either at or just starting BCU. Soo, Myy names Rich, and im starting BCU in September. I know nobody! And im there part time studying Real Estate Bcs (Hons). If someone could tell me how freshers works etc id appreciate it :frown: as im obviously new to all this :frown:

Thanksssssss :smile:

Email me if you wish:

[Removed - please use PMs]
Nope nothing yet, im asuming your letter came with no timetable too?

Will be unable to contact them untill tuesday, cause monday is a bank holiday??...anyone else in this position too? please post, thanks

I didnt have a timetable either. What course are you doing btw?
Reply 77
Ahh i still haven't heard from BCU!
UCAS confirmed my place but i ain't even had a confirmation letter from BCU

Everyone else got their letters???

I'm planning to do Accountancy bdw
Reply 78
When do your courses start? You should all stop panicking and call them on Tuesday, they will be here soon.
They've also moved a couple of addmissions offices to one site which may have caused the delay.
Because of this move, you could always try tomorrow because they may be working overtime to make sure everybody gets sorted; it's always better to try than sit around waiting.
Reply 79
Guys i have a question,

thanks

I'm in the same position as you, was wondering if we have to go in on the 19th. Got no timetable either. What course are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending