The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teh User
I seem to remember that accomoffice said a couple of days ago that offers would be sent out on Friday, and then Monday. So it doesn't seem that they're working on weekends.

We were working yesterday but not sending out offers. There's only a very very small percentage gone out so far
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by accomoffice
We were working yesterday but not sending out offers. There's only a very very small percentage gone out so far

You're doing an amazing job so far :smile:
Original post by slizzie
Am I going to be the only one moving in on the sunday? I am coming up to Leeds from plymouth on saturday morning and going shopping (as I am going up on train with only a suitcase :frown: ) for decorations and pillows and food - leeds has an ikea no? Possibly staying with relatives and then moving in on sunday. Should I move in on saturday instead?

I'm coming up from St. Austell on the Saturday :smile: West country solidarity!

Wilkinsons is good for that sort of thing, as is Asda and there's deffo those two in Leeds.
Original post by clairecourtney
Is there any way to find a copy of my application? Can't remember which preferences I put!

You should have received an email when you applied which confirmed what you'd put. If you can't find it, ring. (08701200189)
Original post by slizzie
Am I going to be the only one moving in on the sunday? I am coming up to Leeds from plymouth on saturday morning and going shopping (as I am going up on train with only a suitcase :frown: ) for decorations and pillows and food - leeds has an ikea no? Possibly staying with relatives and then moving in on sunday. Should I move in on saturday instead?

There is an Ikea but it's a fair bit out of town and I've no idea how you'd get there on public transport. Hopefully the nice relatives can drive you there :biggrin:
Original post by (:Becca(:
Ah ok, it's not so much a case of desperately wanting my first choice, it's a case of really really not wanting the one that was described as quiet and popular with postgrads and internationals (don't remember the name).
And one I could afford would be nice...

Don't worry - that's nearly full so you certainly wouldn't get that unless you'd picked it (and even then, the chances wouldn't be that high)
Reply 2946
Muffinz
I'm coming up from St. Austell on the Saturday West country solidarity!

Wilkinsons is good for that sort of thing, as is Asda and there's deffo those two in Leeds.

Oh that's good, what are you studying? Are you moving in on saturday? I don't want to be the last person to come when everyone has got to know eachother :s-smilie:
Reply 2947
Just afew questions since I dont have time to read through this at the moment,
when will we get our accommodation offers and will it be in an email or do I need to go on the Leeds website?
also what day will people be moving in? saturday or sunday? Finally what date does freshers start?
Im so unorganised!
Original post by slizzie
Oh that's good, what are you studying? Are you moving in on saturday? I don't want to be the last person to come when everyone has got to know eachother :s-smilie:

I'm gonna be doing English Lang and Lit :smile: Moving into Lupton on the Saturday. I don't think moving in a day later than everyone else will make too much of a difference. You can't make solid friends in a day :P Just be really nice and social to people.
Original post by accomoffice

Ah, I thought you were having a sneaky couple of days off before the manic week ahead. Still, you've done a good job so far, but then watch me get some halls I really don't want and it will be 'Oh I don't like accomoffice, they gave me halls I really hate' (just kidding :colondollar:).
Reply 2950
Original post by oliviaL
Just afew questions since I dont have time to read through this at the moment,
when will we get our accommodation offers and will it be in an email or do I need to go on the Leeds website?
also what day will people be moving in? saturday or sunday? Finally what date does freshers start?
Im so unorganised!

As has been stated numerous times, you will recieve your accom offer sometime over the next couple of weeks via email. Remember to check your junk folder as they tend to end up there. Once you have recieved the offer, you have 7 days to pay the deposit and accept the offer. Most people will move in on the weekend (17th/18th) but there will be some that move in before. Freshers events start on 19th, but there may be the odd event during the weekend before as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2951
Does Henry Price tend to get very full? That's where I chose :smile:
Reply 2952
Original post by Muffinz
I'm coming up from St. Austell on the Saturday :smile: West country solidarity!

Bit more West country solidarity, I'm coming up from Mid Devon on the saturday :biggrin:
Original post by ffffreya
Bit more West country solidarity, I'm coming up from Mid Devon on the saturday :biggrin:

Wheyyy!

I've been working at the Eden Project all summer and I've got a proper farmers tan, including a prominant V on my chest from a polo shirt and a watch line. I'm doing wonders for the modernisation of the west-country stereotype :smile:
Reply 2954
ffffreya
Bit more West country solidarity, I'm coming up from Mid Devon on the saturday

What train you guys catching up on the saturday we might be on the same train! And what course you doing freya? I'm down for history and music at the moment, want to hopefully switch to history and german. :biggrin:
Original post by slizzie
What train you guys catching up on the saturday we might be on the same train! And what course you doing freya? I'm down for history and music at the moment, want to hopefully switch to history and german. :biggrin:

My Mummy's bringing me in the car :3 I wouldn't want to take all my stuff on the train, I've done Plymouth/London trains with a load of luggage and it's not something I'd like to repeat! (Plus I don't have to pay train fare wheyyyyyy).
Reply 2956
Original post by slizzie

I think my poor old dad is driving me up aha! He's gonna love it.
I'm going History and Philosophy! So we might have some modules together? :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2957
Original post by Muffinz
Wheyyy!

I've been working at the Eden Project all summer and I've got a proper farmers tan, including a prominant V on my chest from a polo shirt and a watch line. I'm doing wonders for the modernisation of the west-country stereotype :smile:

Ahaha! Do you have the accent too?? I've only been here a year so I don't have one :frown:
Reply 2958
Hey!
Sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere is this mega-thread but I haven't seen the answers anywhere.
How much is the deposit we have to send within seven days? Is it a week's rent or a set amount or something?
Also, I'm a little worried that I might not get my email until after tuesday, in which case I will be on holiday and maybe without internet access. What should I do? Will I have to leave someone my details? (eurgh don't want to do this my mum is not trustworthy.)
Reply 2959
Original post by PDee
Hey!
Sorry if these questions have been asked somewhere is this mega-thread but I haven't seen the answers anywhere.
How much is the deposit we have to send within seven days? Is it a week's rent or a set amount or something?
Also, I'm a little worried that I might not get my email until after tuesday, in which case I will be on holiday and maybe without internet access. What should I do? Will I have to leave someone my details? (eurgh don't want to do this my mum is not trustworthy.)

The deposit is £200.

Latest