The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL5 Biology Unit 5 Exam - 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

126/140 :biggrin: very happy with that, and an A overall. Was my only A though, which is surprising as Biology was my worst subject...
Reply 3661
Original post by rachel-92
126/140 :d very happy with that, and an a overall. Was my only a though, which is surprising as biology was my worst subject...

snap!!!! So happy
124/140 but an A* overall!!! So happy! :smile:
Ended up with a B for this module, but I still managed an A overall :woo:
Does anyone have this paper?
Reply 3665
135/140

Ended up with 1 UMS off A*
Reply 3666
i lost my A because of this exam :frown:
Reply 3667
I did so Bad in this exam....
Does any1 know if AQA have ever made a massive mistake in marking?????
Original post by ezeffy
I did so Bad in this exam....
Does any1 know if AQA have ever made a massive mistake in marking?????

i've asked for a re-mark. my results dont look right?? In Jan:
Biol 1 B biol 2 C biol 3 C biol 4 U

June retakes and A2
Biol 1 E biol 2 E biol 3 C biol 4 E biol 5 C

how can i drop 2 grades on retakes that i thought went really well?? the Unit 5 killed me, i was gutted after that exam and yet i am 2 marks off a B?? just cost me £235 but it'll be worth it if I can get my place at Uni. Examiners are only human but i'm sure someone hit the wrong key on keyboard. either that or i was dreaming and fell to sleep in my exams!! Good luck if you're going for REmarks ccc
Reply 3669
:frown: I got a B in this exam - my only B in biology so I still got an A overall. But I revised SO much for this exam! And I thought I'd done really well :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 3670
Original post by Seasick Steve
Ended up with a B for this module, but I still managed an A overall :woo:

same :smile: wish I coulda got an A* though
Original post by Skye333
:frown: I got a B in this exam - my only B in biology so I still got an A overall. But I revised SO much for this exam! And I thought I'd done really well :frown::frown::frown:

Forget about this exam. You have done really well. :smile:
Original post by Skye333

Are you considering a remark- if you are really unhappy. I'm sure lots of people would love to be in your position with an a in biology though! Just forget about it and celebrate your overall A!:biggrin:
Reply 3673
Original post by Ed2525
135/140

Ended up with 1 UMS off A*

i got 126/140 and i'm 1 mark off an A*, so annoyed, i'm gonna get it remarked:mad:
Reply 3674
Original post by bluepanda123
Are you considering a remark- if you are really unhappy. I'm sure lots of people would love to be in your position with an a in biology though! Just forget about it and celebrate your overall A!:biggrin:

Original post by Introverted moron
Forget about this exam. You have done really well. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I guess not b/c no one will ever see it unless I applied to uni on UCAS again or something. I can't tell how far from an A I was though because the AQA grade boundaries are raw mark not UMS :frown: I don't mean to say a B is bad or anything either I was trying to aim for an A* which is too high for me I guess.
Reply 3675
Original post by denisewoosey
i've asked for a re-mark. my results dont look right?? In Jan:
Biol 1 B biol 2 C biol 3 C biol 4 U

June retakes and A2
Biol 1 E biol 2 E biol 3 C biol 4 E biol 5 C

how can i drop 2 grades on retakes that i thought went really well?? the Unit 5 killed me, i was gutted after that exam and yet i am 2 marks off a B?? just cost me £235 but it'll be worth it if I can get my place at Uni. Examiners are only human but i'm sure someone hit the wrong key on keyboard. either that or i was dreaming and fell to sleep in my exams!! Good luck if you're going for REmarks ccc

Thankyou for the good luck wishing.....
I hope your grade goes up upon the remark.......
I revised soooooooooo hard for this unit... I got an A for maths but did way more biology and still ended up with an overal C for Biology........
So looking at the grade i'm about to write up 4 you would advise me to get a remark???

Biol 1: B 76
Biol 2: B 102
Biol 4: C 64
Biol 5: E 61
???
Reply 3676
Original post by choc1234
snap!!!! So happy

awesome. So glad you did so well. I was talking to you b4 and i think you needed a B in this unit? I got 121 UMS :smile: i'm so pleased as i got an A overall and got into my firm x
Original post by ezeffy
Thankyou for the good luck wishing.....
I hope your grade goes up upon the remark.......
I revised soooooooooo hard for this unit... I got an A for maths but did way more biology and still ended up with an overal C for Biology........
So looking at the grade i'm about to write up 4 you would advise me to get a remark???

Biol 1: B 76
Biol 2: B 102
Biol 4: C 64
Biol 5: E 61
???

my teacher is an examiner for another board and she said ALWAYS go for a re-mark!! she said she had seen top examiners vary on their grades this year and a re-mark woudl iron out any anomalies. so I've taken her advise. for you i'd look at how close you are to the grade boundary of the next grade. if you are a long way then I wouldnt bother. for me i'm 5 marks away but 39 from the grade I need. i just want to make sure those E grades are correct. you did so well on your maths as that's so hard. Biology is so ambiguouis I have no faith in this subject's marking schemes and its a lottery each year as to what they want. Chem and physics are definitive, although harder to learn, their mark schemes are consistant. Good luck on what you decide i'm still feeling deflated :frown: xxx
Reply 3678
Original post by denisewoosey
my teacher is an examiner for another board and she said ALWAYS go for a re-mark!! she said she had seen top examiners vary on their grades this year and a re-mark woudl iron out any anomalies. so I've taken her advise. for you i'd look at how close you are to the grade boundary of the next grade. if you are a long way then I wouldnt bother. for me i'm 5 marks away but 39 from the grade I need. i just want to make sure those E grades are correct. you did so well on your maths as that's so hard. Biology is so ambiguouis I have no faith in this subject's marking schemes and its a lottery each year as to what they want. Chem and physics are definitive, although harder to learn, their mark schemes are consistant. Good luck on what you decide i'm still feeling deflated :frown: xxx

Well I was hoping for a B
My overal UMS is 387and 420 is needed for a B unit 5 brought my whole grade down......
I presume AQA have never got a persons mark sooo wrong be4 by lyk 30-40 UMS so maybe I should leave it.....
Thanks for the maths compliment...... I wish u could say the same for my Biology grade..... lol.......
I just really wish their was a way of checking if that E really is an E...... without the need for the remark which could possibly mean a lower mark for me.....
Good luck to you as well.... I hope ur Mark/grade changes......
Reply 3679
Original post by ezeffy

Original post by ezeffy
Well I was hoping for a B
My overal UMS is 387and 420 is needed for a B unit 5 brought my whole grade down......
I presume AQA have never got a persons mark sooo wrong be4 by lyk 30-40 UMS so maybe I should leave it.....
Thanks for the maths compliment...... I wish u could say the same for my Biology grade..... lol.......
I just really wish their was a way of checking if that E really is an E...... without the need for the remark which could possibly mean a lower mark for me.....
Good luck to you as well.... I hope ur Mark/grade changes......

Hey there, if there's still time, it might be a good idea to request your Unit 5 paper back (a photocopy of it), then sit through with your teacher and look through it. Because unit 5 also has an essay, there's a bigger chance that the marks could go up, and also, biology is slightly more lenient in terms of marking compared to chemistry.
Best of luck to you!! i hope everything works out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending