The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by babelicious_1986
The union usually takes on staff so look on the union website and in the union office opposite the point as they advertise jobs, not sure about nottingham and how many jobs they will have but with christmas coming up many will be advertising xmas jobs and such like, and depending on experience you could go for bar work and such like. most usually want bar staff who have done it before though, so if not you don't really have a chance for taht type of job.

ahh, nah i've never done any bar work :/. but okk, thank you :smile: will just have to hand out cvs and have a snoop around when i first get there
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 3121
Whose moving in on the 23rd?
Reply 3122
Original post by EmmaJennings
Anyone in Blenheim on the first floor or nearby? I'm 106! :smile:
Or studying fashion communication and promotion! So excited for freshers week!

im staying on the first floor, room 096
Reply 3123
are you getting the full loan though, if your parents earn over £25,000 then you won't get the full bursary. uni website explains it all if you search finance section.

yeah i'm getting the full loan :smile:

I'm moving in on my own on the friday, my parents are bringing everything up on the saturday...
Original post by jimbles
yeah i'm getting the full loan :smile:

I'm moving in on my own on the friday, my parents are bringing everything up on the saturday...

little over £1100 then or so the website says, thats good then so you definitely won't miss anything
Original post by zedjay010
ahh, nah i've never done any bar work :/. but okk, thank you :smile: will just have to hand out cvs and have a snoop around when i first get there

There is a wetherspoons in west bridgford, which is halfway between clifton and city. not long opened and they usually have staff vacancies, maybe try there its one of the few that will take you on if you don't have bar experience and that will train you. most of the other places serve cocktails so thats why they want experience.

Just check out websites for most of the major chain stores and shopping centre in nottingham as they often advertise so you could get in early and apply before you get here. the union bar/ shop is probably best optionas it fits around students schedule and they look maybe twice a year

there are also a few alternative jobs with the university themselves, or a department within the university that will look good on your cv if you hope to go into a career teaching, or working with children. Even if these careers aren't for you, its goo hours and pretty decent pay
(edited 12 years ago)
Early Years and Special and Inclusive Education anyone?? :smile:
i lost my UCAS confirmation letter, does anybody know if i can reprint this? or do i have to ring them to send another? i want to make a student account
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by francistheswole
i lost my UCAS confirmation letter, doe anybody know if i can reprint this? or do i have to ring them to send another? i want to make a student account

If its online reprint it, banks should possibly still accept this as its still the official letter and once you explain what happened they will be fine with it as obviously your photo id and proof of address will back it up that its you anyway. if they say they won't accept the printed version then contact ucas
(edited 12 years ago)
If its online reprint it, banks should possibly still accept this as its still the official letetr and once you explain what happened they will be fine with it as obviously your photo id and proof of address will back it up that its you anyway. if they say they won't accept the printed version then contact ucas

isn't that letter the same as the one they send you?

i can't even remember
Original post by francistheswole
isn't that letter the same as the one they send you?

i can't even remember

Its one that confirms your place at the university, can't remember what the name of it is but just print it off from ucas track website if its up there and they should accept it, if not like I said ring UCAS and see if they can send you another. just explain to the bank what happened, and they will understand.
Its one that confirms your place at the university, can't remember what the name of it is but just print it off from ucas track website if its up there and they should accept it, if not like I said ring UCAS and see if they can send you another. just explain to the bank what happened, and they will understand.

Confirmation Letter AS12
Original post by Pegasus2
Confirmation Letter AS12

Its not me that needs to know this, its the person I was responding to so many say this to him so he knows which one it is
Hey :smile: I'm going to be a nottingham trent fresher...ive gone through clearing, so im finding it hard to get accommodation. i was looking at victoria halls which sounded good, does any1 have any recommendations? what about Norton court? My campus would be the city centre one...THAANKS :biggrin:
Original post by katymonty
Hey :smile: I'm going to be a nottingham trent fresher...ive gone through clearing, so im finding it hard to get accommodation. i was looking at victoria halls which sounded good, does any1 have any recommendations? what about Norton court? My campus would be the city centre one...THAANKS :biggrin:

try and get private halls if you can cause the from what ive heard/seen the trent halls can be smaller and not so nice, but I don't know this factually there are obviously exceptions.
Norton court is near where I used to live and it is a good 20+ min walk away. I personally didn't mind this (needed the exercise! :P) but you might.
I think victoria is in the city centre so that would be a good one to go for as that is near city campus, I would get on it quick though cause the accommodation disappears very quickly, I had a lot of problems last year trying to find somewhere. Cotton Mills is right opposite where I used to live and that hall was reallyyy nice, but again quite a long walk. There is always the option of a bus pass though
Reply 3135

Katymonty,

check out Unite. They sent me a leaflet a while back and looked good

I'm in Norton, and as far as I'm aware, seems a lot of empty rooms. Not found anyone in my flat yet, and one person I did got moved :P

Anyone else got a wristband yet, dunno if its worth it or not.
Original post by Troberts22
I'm in Norton, and as far as I'm aware, seems a lot of empty rooms. Not found anyone in my flat yet, and one person I did got moved :P

Anyone else got a wristband yet, dunno if its worth it or not.

For Freshers bands being worthy look at the single ticket prices of the events you plan to go to in Freshers Week on:Trent SU- Freshers Week Events
Then compare the prices to the tickets on offer, if you plan to go to a lot of the events, chances are you will be saving a bit, and you don't have to worry about buying the tickets when your there
Hey, Someone help me with buying a wristband It won't let me.

Keeps saying " The client failed to send a request in the time allowed by the server." Even though I'm doing it straight away from the checkout straight to attempting to buy it.
Original post by Troberts22
Hey, Someone help me with buying a wristband It won't let me.

Keeps saying " The client failed to send a request in the time allowed by the server." Even though I'm doing it straight away from the checkout straight to attempting to buy it.

Just keep trying and it will probbaly work, unless all wristbands are now sold out. if you need help best people to contact are the union exec and email address's for them can be found on the union website so maybe contact them to check this out
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending