The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Will there be any offers coming out today or are they more likely to be at the end of the week?
Thanks.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2201
Original post by UEAAccommodation
I'd rep you again if I could. You beat me to the insurance details by a long shot!

Original post by diamonddust
Thank you for this! :biggrin: I might need to upgrade for bike insurance but that depends on how expensive/cheap the bike I'm getting is. I might wait until I get to UEA and see if someone sells really cheap second hand bikes.

Original post by ThePurpleRose
Thanks! :smile: This is really useful!

Original post by jelly1000
Not bad for a £6 one off payment! That should be enough, as I don't have a veichle (not that I could bring one anyway) and my phone is worth diddly squat.

Thank you!

No problem, thought I may as well type it out since I knew where the document was!

xxx
Original post by Matureb
Dr bike sells bikes on campus and will also buy back later. Have a look at his facebook page.

Awesome! Thank you! :biggrin:

I've just realised I say awesome far too much for someone who isn't American. I hate Glee! :tongue:

I've just made my student account! I'm now officially *more* excited!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
No. Earliest you'll hear is in a week or so :smile:

How does this work with applying for a visa? I cannot apply until I have the CAS number, correct?
Original post by filledesang

How does this work with applying for a visa? I cannot apply until I have the CAS number, correct?

I have no idea :dontknow: Sorry!
Reply 2205

I just got my visa, and yes, you do need a CAS number. However, you don't need to have your accommodation sorted out prior to getting one. You just need to indicate on your application that you're staying on campus, and all you have to provide will be the main campus address as stated on your CAS.

You can get your CAS statement by emailing the admissions office for your course. Usually they sort it out and send it to you without you needing to request it, but it won't hurt to send them an email.

Good luck with getting your visa :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
university village !:smile:
Reply 2207
Original post by htaylor01
university village !:smile:

Hooray! If you get Courtyard A Flat 15 Room A that was mine 2 years ago, take good care of it :smile:

xxx
i havent got mine yet :frown:
Awesome! Thank you! :biggrin:

I've just realised I say awesome far too much for someone who isn't American. I hate Glee! :tongue:

I've just made my student account! I'm now officially *more* excited!

how do you make that?? :smile:
Original post by jemmahardygoddard
how do you make that?? :smile:

Went to the bank with my passport and UCAS confirmation and told them I wanted to open a student account. :smile:
700 Room Offers winging their way out (very slowly by the looks of things on the computer they are on - it's not the best one in the office!) at present. Check your emails (and junk boxes) if you are expecting one.

Please note, this is NOT all of them just the first batch. There will be more later on in the week.
Reply 2212
Please let me be one of those 700 - i dont think the refresh button on my hotmail account can last much longer lol :smile:
We've just had our first acceptance from this batch. Someone has been hitting refresh this afternoon!
How funny, I hadn't even checked the thread beforehand! Just got my offer!! :biggrin: University Village, Ash, Single Ensuite! :woo: Move in on the 25th!
All we had to do was email with our name and student number to accept, right? Nothing else? I'm so excited!
Original post by UEAAccommodation
We've just had our first acceptance from this batch. Someone has been hitting refresh this afternoon!

Haha, it was probably me! :h: I just heard my phone buzzing and checked my email! :biggrin:
Edit: Oops, I'm an idiot. I accepted with my UCAS number instead of the UEA one. Can I PM you UEAAccommodation? I just want to clarify something.
(edited 12 years ago)
Do you anticipate to send batches out daily?
Haha, it was probably me! :h: I just heard my phone buzzing and checked my email! :biggrin:

Glad you are pleased with your room. See you next month at arrivals!
Original post by readjono
Do you anticipate to send batches out daily?

I would hope so. It really depends on certain information that we get from our admissions department. As soon as we get it through we can allocate rooms and offer them out to you guys.
Darnation, I want my room!

Patience has never been my forte.

Latest

Trending

Trending