The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WDooley1
Anybody got any advice for the 4 week review thing?

I've got mine this coming week, which will be 6 weeks into my employment, what can I expect? Dreading it :frown:

checkouts?
Reply 9241
Its kinda just like the "tests" you get in the induction. Fill in the answers you know and what you dont they tell you. I got my 4 8 and 12 week review all at the same time, so got a nice hour skive from doing bulkies :biggrin:
Reply 9242
No, for a team leader.
Does anybody know roughly how long they take to get back to you after the interview, the guy that interview me said it can take upto 3 weeks which seems very long seeing as its a temporary job and i can start immediately
Reply 9244
Original post by zigzak789
Does anybody know roughly how long they take to get back to you after the interview, the guy that interview me said it can take upto 3 weeks which seems very long seeing as its a temporary job and i can start immediately

I had my phone call the following day. And my interview the day after that. And was told that I was employed the day after that - so all within three days.
4 week review is nothing, its just checkign on your progress and stuff. we did our tests all together and basically copied from the booklet lol
Reply 9246
One of the CSA's that works with me, also went through team leader training but wasn't kept on as a team leader because apparently he was rubbish. Harsh, but that's what his own colleagues told me.

I do get really nervous about these reviews - I love carrying out observations, and reviews and such like as I love to give feedback, its one of my favourite aspects of being part of management - I do get nervous myself about being reviewed though :frown: lol
Reply 9247
One of the CSA's that works with me, also went through team leader training but wasn't kept on as a team leader because apparently he was rubbish. Harsh, but that's what his own colleagues told me.

I do get really nervous about these reviews - I love carrying out observations, and reviews and such like as I love to give feedback, its one of my favourite aspects of being part of management - I do get nervous myself about being reviewed though :frown: lol

Their starting to get me doing reviews now. I have also go all the work books for team leader. Turns out there is alot more than I thought.
Reply 9248
There are many workbooks, but its definitely worth working through them. You can't do your job well otherwise
not sure if this was posted before but...

i handed in my resignation letter earlier this week as im going to uni, but sainsburys allow 4weeks notice so i leave literally the day after my notice period. I was wondering whether it will effect the HR department in that handing in my resignation letter so close to when i leave that they will not allow it. Also how would i hand in my uniform and everything? And would i even need to hand in my uniform if im going to work there during the uni holidays? What is the process for resignation anyway- would i have to have a meeting with the HR manager/department manager to confirm why im leaving or details etc? Are there any formalities i would have to undertake when leaving??? as im worried i wont be able to do so if im leaving the next day!

thanks in advance.
Original post by Calro_123
not sure if this was posted before but...

i handed in my resignation letter earlier this week as im going to uni, but sainsburys allow 4weeks notice so i leave literally the day after my notice period. I was wondering whether it will effect the HR department in that handing in my resignation letter so close to when i leave that they will not allow it. Also how would i hand in my uniform and everything? And would i even need to hand in my uniform if im going to work there during the uni holidays? What is the process for resignation anyway- would i have to have a meeting with the HR manager/department manager to confirm why im leaving or details etc? Are there any formalities i would have to undertake when leaving??? as im worried i wont be able to do so if im leaving the next day!

thanks in advance.

You are requested to give four weeks notice. You are perfectly right to leave once those four weeks is up. :smile:

I never had a meeting or anything about my resignation. My manager took the letter from me and acknowledged it there and then but never mentioned it again. I received a letter from HR just acknowledging my finish date etc in the post but nothing else.

You return your badges/locker key to HR when you finish your final shift. I actually never did return my uniform. I only had one shirt though, that was two sizes too big, as they never got the order for my actual uniform [despite apparently ordering it twice]... Have you arranged to work there during the holidays? Or are you finishing and just hoping to get your job back in the future? Or are you going to be on a dual contract? If you are finishing properly, then you'll hand it all back. :smile:

You should receive a P45 etc through the post once you've finished.
Reply 9251
So the new money back scheme has been going for a few days now in all the Northern Ireland stores. Seems to be going quite well... Had some woman try and use one of the vouchers to get 4p off of her fuel, then kicked up a fuss when I told her you couldnt use it on fuel. Yes thats right, 4 bloody pence.
I had my phone call the following day. And my interview the day after that. And was told that I was employed the day after that - so all within three days.

ok thanks im still waiting to hear back, nothing has changed on my sainsburys job account page it still says "first stage interview" so i have my fingers crossed hoping i get the job
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9253
This company confuses me sometimes. We get a single period of slightly poorer results and all overtime disappears. Then they realise they're trying to run the store constantly short staffed and it won't help things, so the overtime comes back in droves. I can pick any day for the next fortnight. It happens several times a year, I would have thought they would have learned by now.
Original post by FXX
This company confuses me sometimes. We get a single period of slightly poorer results and all overtime disappears. Then they realise they're trying to run the store constantly short staffed and it won't help things, so the overtime comes back in droves. I can pick any day for the next fortnight. It happens several times a year, I would have thought they would have learned by now.

This is what's happening at my store, i've just been sent home early from overtime.
I've been offered a store transfer subject to a 'successful interview'. Has anyone had an interview for a store transfer before ?
Reply 9256
Original post by Lesha2010
I've been offered a store transfer subject to a 'successful interview'. Has anyone had an interview for a store transfer before ?

Are you being transferred whilst remaining as a dual store colleague [mostly for students] or is it a full on transfer?

Basically, its a bit less formal than a normal interview, but just as important - dress in your Sainsbury's uniform, and come prepared to flaunt your knowledge of the company and its policies. The store manager will already have your training files if they're good, and as such will have an idea of where you're at.

Whilst it isn't the first interview with the company, the outcome needs to remain the same - impress the store manager.
Are you being transferred whilst remaining as a dual store colleague [mostly for students] or is it a full on transfer?

Basically, its a bit less formal than a normal interview, but just as important - dress in your Sainsbury's uniform, and come prepared to flaunt your knowledge of the company and its policies. The store manager will already have your training files if they're good, and as such will have an idea of where you're at.

Whilst it isn't the first interview with the company, the outcome needs to remain the same - impress the store manager.

It's dual store. I thought I should dress smart casual not in uniform as the interviews with the hr manager ?
Aww man I'm actually more nervous than my first interview
Reply 9258
Original post by Lesha2010
It's dual store. I thought I should dress smart casual not in uniform as the interviews with the hr manager ?
Aww man I'm actually more nervous than my first interview

I know what my store manager would expect, he'd expect full on uniform.

I always go to my team leader courses in full uniform, whereas everyone else goes in whatever. Its all about the impression you want to give off. You've never met this HR manager before, right? So you don't know how they will react to what you wear.

If I was you, I'd wear uniform. But the decision does lie with you, if you go smart casual, I'm sure you'd still look fine :smile:
Reply 9259
managed to get myself an interview with sainsburys, i applied for a customer assistant which is on the tills however im underaged to work on the tills so possibly for the question what do you think your roles will be in this job? what do i say because im underage.

Latest