The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemini92
You get an email through just after you send off the application which details what you put on the application. (eg. preferences etc.)

hmmmm i can vaguely remember it but im not sure i got it :frown: crap i might not have any where to live!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1241
Original post by letheine

Original post by letheine
Got in to do German and Management. Anyone else? =)
I'm thinking of taking Russian electives - not sure yet though. ^^

I'm doing management but with French :smile:
Reply 1242
Anyone for Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies???
I've yet to find another person on the course ...
Reply 1243
Original post by kj1801

I'm doing chinese and french and havent seen anyone else doing it either. So excited though :biggrin: And I'm staying at the tannery.. anyone else there?
Reply 1244
Original post by khicks
I'm doing chinese and french and havent seen anyone else doing it either. So excited though :biggrin: And I'm staying at the tannery.. anyone else there?

I think there's a lack of language students on here! I'm really excited too, but I'm not staying in halls, I'm sharing a flat with friends, kind of feel I'll be missing the fun ! :smile:
Original post by khicks

Hi :biggrin:
I'm doing Chinese too with Eng Lit. I applied to stay at Oxley but I haven't heard from accom yet. Will you be a beginner at Chinese in September?
Reply 1246
Original post by kj1801

I'm doing Spanish and Italian :smile: so similar :wink:
Reply 1247
Original post by oe43
I'm doing Spanish and Italian :smile: so similar :wink:

Closest I've found so far ! :smile: We might have Spanish type stuff together.
Reply 1248
Is anybody doing Accounting and Finance?
Would be great to speak to some people beforehand :smile:
Reply 1249
Original post by kj1801
Closest I've found so far ! :smile: We might have Spanish type stuff together.

Yeah that's what I was thinking :smile: I was meant to be doing single honours Spanish, so we might have had more together! I changed though ahaha :/
Reply 1250
Original post by kj1801

I'm doing English and Spanish - so excited!!
Reply 1251
Original post by Paparazzi
I'm doing English and Spanish - so excited!!

So I've found 2 for Spanish, but zero for the Portuguese and Latin American Studies part, haha :smile:
Reply 1252
Is anyone on here studying Geography? I am going into my second year of the BA programme and I am a social secretary on the Geogsoc committee (Geography Society). If anyone has any questions or queries about the course, the society or Leeds in general feel free to give me a shout.

You all made a great choice choosing Leeds whatever course you are doing, it is an incredible place to be a student - you will have a cracking time.
Original post by AdAm686
Is anyone on here studying Geography? I am going into my second year of the BA programme and I am a social secretary on the Geogsoc committee (Geography Society). If anyone has any questions or queries about the course, the society or Leeds in general feel free to give me a shout.

You all made a great choice choosing Leeds whatever course you are doing, it is an incredible place to be a student - you will have a cracking time.

Wonderful having someone say that! :smile: I'm really excited!

Unfortunately I'm not partaking in Geography (English Lang and Lit here :P ) but I was wondering about the way electives work and how we select them in Freshers... infact, could you give us all a nice summary and some hints and tips about freshers week, straight from the horse's mouth? :biggrin:
Reply 1254
Original post by Muffinz
Wonderful having someone say that! :smile: I'm really excited!

Unfortunately I'm not partaking in Geography (English Lang and Lit here :P ) but I was wondering about the way electives work and how we select them in Freshers... infact, could you give us all a nice summary and some hints and tips about freshers week, straight from the horse's mouth? :biggrin:

Electives are optional modules (in the sense that you choose which ones you do, not whether or not you do them), that bring up the total number of credits per year to 120. They work the same as any other module. I chose mine during the IT introduction that I had during freshers week last year, but I think you can choose them any time from when you register (as elective enrolment is on the same area of the Portal as the registration facility).
Original post by Gemini92
Electives are optional modules (in the sense that you choose which ones you do, not whether or not you do them), that bring up the total number of credits per year to 120. They work the same as any other module. I chose mine during the IT introduction that I had during freshers week last year, but I think you can choose them any time from when you register (as elective enrolment is on the same area of the Portal as the registration facility).

Right... so say I want to take a 20-credit elective, but there's classes for it in both semesters. Does it still count as 20 credits throughout the year, or 20 credits per semester? Tad confused tbh... and if it is 20 credits for the entire year, in which semester should I take my other elective? What would you recommend?
Reply 1256
Original post by Muffinz
Right... so say I want to take a 20-credit elective, but there's classes for it in both semesters. Does it still count as 20 credits throughout the year, or 20 credits per semester? Tad confused tbh... and if it is 20 credits for the entire year, in which semester should I take my other elective? What would you recommend?

If its a 20 credit elective then it contributes 20 credits to the total for that year. You are advised to try and balance out your electives so you have a similar number of credits for both semesters.
Reply 1257
Original post by AdAm686

ahh i'm starting geography ba in september :smile:
Reply 1258
You made a great choice, I had the best year of my life (as cheesy as that sounds). The geography lot always tend to get the reputation of being a sociable bunch! Have you had your welcome pack through yet with the letter from the geogsoc president?

Original post by sloaka
ahh i'm starting geography ba in september :smile:
Reply 1259
Mechanical Engineering anyone??

Im staying at James Baillie hopefully pm me :smile: xx

Latest