The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
May I ask what extenuating circumstances you have? If you would rather not say then that's fine but I'm just want to see whether it would be classed as extenuating circumstances or not.

It's been a while since I last checked what you do if you do have extenuating circumstances so I'll have to get back to you on that part I'm afraid :redface:

Unless anyone else can shed some light on how you are supposed to let uni's know about extenuating circumstances?

Sent private message.

thanks for the help
Reply 6681
Original post by tbag1
Dude! You do CCEA? CCEA is where it's at loik! :tongue:

Oh yes, all CCEA.
Reply 6682
Original post by cz100
Oh yes, all CCEA.

I am a M800 girl myself - striated blue but I am saving for the clear demonstrator !
Reply 6683
Original post by rabz*
Im in the same situation as you im afraid :frown: I have never failed a subject in my life and then BAMMM .. i got my chemistry result! I got an E in Chemistry so im going to have to retake both the modules so yours isnt so bad. And someone told me that you dont have to put your grades on UCAS only your predicted grades that the school gives you so dont worry :smile: Dont stress and makes sure you get the A's and put all your effort into it.. you can do it! Universities will take you if you get the predicted grades so make sure your teachers give you them and you'll be a doctor in no time :smile: Hope that help and good luck

i guess we'll both just have to work hard in the jan examsss!

goodluck :biggrin:

i just hope my teachers give me good predicted grades?

does anyone know how you can convince them to give you good grades?? :/
Reply 6684
Original post by oldbatty
I am a M800 girl myself - striated blue but I am saving for the clear demonstrator !

:five:
I just can't decide between it and the waterman :frown:
Hi am going to start my work experience this week at a GP surgery it’s going to be over 7 days, but how many hours a day do you think is sufficient?
Original post by kickasskaz01
Hi am going to start my work experience this week at a GP surgery it’s going to be over 7 days, but how many hours a day do you think is sufficient?

Are you free to choose how long you send a day there?
Reply 6687

If your work experience does what it is supposed to do, you shouldn't want to leave.
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Are you free to choose how long you send a day there?

Pretty much! But am not allowed to sit in on consultation’s and the practice manager been telling how boring it has been for past students who use too go to sleep in the reception!
Pretty much! But am not allowed to sit in on consultation’s and the practice manager been telling how boring it has been for past students who use too go to sleep in the reception!

Well when I volunteer at a care home I stay for roughly around 3 hours, so i'd advice aim for 3 hours. It seems small but trust me its enough; of course you can always stay longer if you wish :tongue:
So... you has some tips to share for improving abstract reasoning?

:eek:
Original post by Loulibelle
So... you has some tips to share for improving abstract reasoning?

:eek:

Practice practice practice. Get used to the rules and make a mental note on what to look out for :smile:

When I did work experience in general surgery, they asked me when I wanted to leave :confused: I had no idea, other than the actual surgeons work 8:00AM-8:00PM. So I just went at 5:00PM as it seemed like a reasonable working day (plus that's whent the shadowing F1s went home.)

Depends what you're doing, there was lots to do as it was in a hospital (was halfway through watching stomach surgery when I had to leave xD) so providing there's something interesting to do, stay as long as you like!
Original post by tbag1
If your work experience does what it is supposed to do, you shouldn't want to leave.

Agree completely.

there were times in my work experience where i'd get in at around 8 in the morning and leave reluctantly at around 10 or 11 in the evening

:biggrin:

i always get upset when i have to leave (i enjoyed my last work exp so much, i chose to go back there instead of somewhere new!!)
I just started work experience at a GPs. I'm doing it until Friday. It's OK (who can honestly say they would want to spend time here in Summer?), yet it will be the third work experience placement I have had, after a week in a hospital pathology lab and weekly care home.

My AS grades were:

Classical Civilisation- B
Biology-A
Chemistry- B
History- A
Critical Thinking- C

I think I still have a fighting chance of getting into medical school this year. I'm aiming for the A* next year in biology, and will retake both AS chemistry papers so I give myself a better chance of getting that all importan A grade.
Original post by laurie:)
Agree completely.

there were times in my work experience where i'd get in at around 8 in the morning and leave reluctantly at around 10 or 11 in the evening

:biggrin:

i always get upset when i have to leave (i enjoyed my last work exp so much, i chose to go back there instead of somewhere new!!)

Are you joking? Wow. That's some crazy dedication.
AS results :biggrin:
Ukcat done!

Now just to decide where to apply and write my personal statement :s-smilie:
Original post by itsrayray:)

[QUOTE=itsrayray[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];33579526]AS results :biggrin:
Ukcat done!

Now just to decide where to apply and write my personal statement :s-smilie:

What ya get for UKCAT? huh? HUH?! :wink:
Good evening party people!! :biggrin:

My UKCAT is on Thursday and I'm finally starting at accept that I may have done as much preparation as I can...

Of course I'm still practicing, but don't think it's doing much use except brain exercise!

If it was meant to be, it will :smile:
Original post by Loulibelle
Good evening party people!! :biggrin:

My UKCAT is on Thursday and I'm finally starting at accept that I may have done as much preparation as I can...

Of course I'm still practicing, but don't think it's doing much use except brain exercise!

If it was meant to be, it will :smile:

Good evening to you too! :biggrin: Mine's on Wednesday, I've given up revising VR and DA as I don't seem to benefit revising for it :colondollar:

In a weird way... I'm almost looking forward to it :zomg:

Latest

Trending

Trending