University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
greenstead :biggrin:

I'm moving to greenstead in a month :party:.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
You are all going on my neg on site list :h:
Original post by SciFiBoy
ah, not too far from the Uni then, where you thinking of moving to? :smile:

Towards chelmsford.. in theory. my fm works in braintree and i'll be in chelmsford so makes sense to be closer to work

Original post by SpiritedAway
I'm moving to greenstead in a month :party:.

:biggrin:

Original post by paddy__power
You are all going on my neg on site list :h:

love you paddy :tongue: its because you're leaving us

Why do i decide to move furniture when there isn't a bloke to help me/
(edited 12 years ago)
:woo:

accommodation office confirmed I have a room for sure and just waiting on email confirming where it is! :smile:
Towards chelmsford.. in theory. my fm works in braintree and i'll be in chelmsford so makes sense to be closer to work

love you paddy :tongue: its because you're leaving us

Why do i decide to move furniture when there isn't a bloke to help me/

Off to bigger and better things. I would help if I was in Essex but yano :h:
Original post by SciFiBoy

accommodation office confirmed I have a room for sure and just waiting on email confirming where it is! :smile:

Off to bigger and better things. I would help if I was in Essex but yano :h:

:cry: it's because you don't love me, i know the truth

:cry: it's because you don't love me, i know the truth

Or I love you so much that to express it sets my soul on fire and the longing I feel to be with you breaks my heart a little more each day. :awesome:
Or I love you so much that to express it sets my soul on fire and the longing I feel to be with you breaks my heart a little more each day. :awesome:

I have mug written on my forehead again don't i?
I have mug written on my forehead again don't i?

:yes:
:yes:

At least i'm getting faster at realising :tongue:
At least i'm getting faster at realising :tongue:

Learning new skills :borat:
Learning new skills :borat:

It's only due to your superior guidance and encouragement. Without your determination and patience there would be no motivation to further my meagre abilities
It's only due to your superior guidance and encouragement. Without your determination and patience there would be no motivation to further my meagre abilities

I know, I thrive on the good feeling from such charity work. Helping those of a lesser caliber makes me feel less guilty about being brilliant :smile:
I know, I thrive on the good feeling from such charity work. Helping those of a lesser caliber makes me feel less guilty about being brilliant :smile:

:biggrin: still no cake for you :tongue:
:biggrin: still no cake for you :tongue:

I can deal with that :h:
I've accepted an offer to study at Essex. Love the subject, love the course. However - I visited yesterday and the accommodation (specifically the Towers lol) made me nervous. Can someone sell the university to me and make me feel confident about my decision? What's the town like? Nightlife? I get really depressed during the winter months and I can just see those cold, grey concrete buildings sucking the life out of me already. Is it a tight-knit community? Lots of surrounding greenery? What about the population of gay people (yes, I'm curious!)?

Original post by mannequin
I've accepted an offer to study at Essex. Love the subject, love the course. However - I visited yesterday and the accommodation (specifically the Towers lol) made me nervous. Can someone sell the university to me and make me feel confident about my decision? What's the town like? Nightlife? I get really depressed during the winter months and I can just see those cold, grey concrete buildings sucking the life out of me already. Is it a tight-knit community? Lots of surrounding greenery? What about the population of gay people (yes, I'm curious!)?

The town is fine, and there are all the shops you need. The nightlife is okay, there are clubs. No, but no complete university is tight knit, there is surrounding greenery yes, and yes there are some gay people. I had an excellent gay friend who you would be lucky to have :tongue:
Original post by mannequin
I've accepted an offer to study at Essex. Love the subject, love the course. However - I visited yesterday and the accommodation (specifically the Towers lol) made me nervous. Can someone sell the university to me and make me feel confident about my decision?

What's the town like? the town has a wide variety of shops, you shouldn't need to go anywhere else, but if you do london is an hour away. There is an amazing little fudge shop, and lots of little jewellery shops (i love spangle)

Nightlife? 2 clubs on campus, subzero has something most nights, level2 is something every night and caters to a mix of things. in town you have route, sky and liquid, which are big enough. Loads of bars and pubs, hole in the wall is alternative, the playhouse is cheap

I get really depressed during the winter months and I can just see those cold, grey concrete buildings sucking the life out of me already. what about the lakes, loads of space to walk, bbq's by the lake in the summer, and ducklings in spring. the ducks will come and assault you if they thing you have food. and the fun you can have when it snows!

Is it a tight-knit community? sports clubs and societies mean you can always find people with similar interests

Lots of surrounding greenery? What about the population of gay people (yes, I'm curious!)? my course has 2 gay lads that i knew of, both lovely, niche night was a brilliant night!

hth's?
(edited 12 years ago)
e :tongue:

Gary started telling me that i was changing pet without him knowing and making him a better person, and that in 5 years time he'd fit into society; i was looking confused as to why he was saying this so replied 'he is changing but he'll never change totally, but why does it matter?' .....

The wally thinks that in 5 years time i will realise that i've made dee into the perfect man for me and we'll end up together :facepalm: and wasn't convinced by me, although i've tried a hard as possible.
The town is fine, and there are all the shops you need. The nightlife is okay, there are clubs. No, but no complete university is tight knit, there is surrounding greenery yes, and yes there are some gay people. I had an excellent gay friend who you would be lucky to have :tongue:

hth's?

Thank you both! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending