The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edarko
Thought i'd sign up for tsr as i've been a lurker for a while and felt like introducing myself as i'll be going to uwe also (: Living off campus in private accommodation in the city centre so feel like i'm going to be a bit left out of typical 'uni student life'!

Are you staying in one of the UNITE places or something similar? If so, I wouldn't worry about missing out on student life because I've heard that the actual campus' are boring and a lot more goes on in the student accommodation blocks. :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by animalnitrate
Are you staying in one of the UNITE places or something similar? If so, I wouldn't worry about missing out on student life because I've heard that the actual campus' are boring and a lot more goes on in the student accommodation blocks. :smile:

Not even that, i've moved here with my boyfriend who's not in uni so i'm completely separate from anything uni-related! Still hopefully i'll get best of both worlds, I plan to throw myself into fresher's week and join some societies or something to get myself involved (: Are you living on-campus?
Original post by edarko
Not even that, i've moved here with my boyfriend who's not in uni so i'm completely separate from anything uni-related! Still hopefully i'll get best of both worlds, I plan to throw myself into fresher's week and join some societies or something to get myself involved (: Are you living on-campus?

No, I'm staying in one of the UNITE places, Phoenix Court. :smile:
Original post by AlexandraJamesBott
Hey im studying early childhood studies and am staying in phoenix court, so your not the only one! :smile: Which flat are you staying in? xx

Yayyy :smile: ha! I'm in flat 304! What about you?
Cant wait :smile: x
Reply 304
Original post by Bananasocks
Hey, yeah that was me. And thanks for that awesome long winded post by the way , it was the main reason I went to check out the place :smile:
I'm also in A Flat, room 402.

Ill be studying Animation at Bower, so I guess Ill be seeing you around.
Do you have any idea if there are many Bower Ashton students at the Hotwells house, it seems there should be since its in that area.

Ahh its ok glad to help n that u liked it! if only they did them recommend someone and both recieve vouchers gimmicks...

I duno about bower students to be honesr, would make sense as its the closest (and prettiest obvs!) but mansion student seem pretty naff at advertising and promoting it as way more students have only heard of unite?!
She said most uwe students there are from bower, but students from uni of bristol and other uwe campuses too :smile: so a good mix which should be good!

Do u think youll walk alot to campus or get a bus? i was a bit sad when uwe made the decision to get rid of the u6 bus that went past hotwells :frown: may just get a termly bus pass from first buses for unlimited travel everywhere!
Original post by natalietc

Original post by natalietc
Ahh its ok glad to help n that u liked it! if only they did them recommend someone and both recieve vouchers gimmicks...

I duno about bower students to be honesr, would make sense as its the closest (and prettiest obvs!) but mansion student seem pretty naff at advertising and promoting it as way more students have only heard of unite?!
She said most uwe students there are from bower, but students from uni of bristol and other uwe campuses too :smile: so a good mix which should be good!

Do u think youll walk alot to campus or get a bus? i was a bit sad when uwe made the decision to get rid of the u6 bus that went past hotwells :frown: may just get a termly bus pass from first buses for unlimited travel everywhere!

Ill probably walk or take the bike most days, perhaps if the weather is really ****ty I might take the bus. That sucks about the u6, but Id rather walk anyway, the path to Bower Ashton is quite nice.
Reply 306
Original post by MrJoeyUK

Original post by MrJoeyUK
Considering dropping out of kent and coming back home to Bristol to study Mathematics. Hopefully I'll have made my mind up by Christmas so that I can rush through a UCAS application if I am dropping out.

I've lived in Bristol all my life so.. if anyone needs some info/advice on Bristol, don't hesitate to ask!

Hi Mr.Joey UK! I'll be coming to UWE in 2011 to complete my third year. It's been such a headache finding accomodation since uni accomodation is fully allocated. Was wondering what other alternatives do I have? I was thinking of staying in Cherry Court which is managed by Unite. Any insights? I heard the rooms are a little small and it's not value for money. My friends are not too keen on staying in a house so maybe thats not option. Do you know where else I could stay? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
anyone doing building surveying??? message me :smile:
Reply 308
Hey, am going stay in phoenix court,Bristol,How is the overall student life there?Is fun and easy to make friends?
Original post by shanthan
Hey, am going stay in phoenix court,Bristol,How is the overall student life there?Is fun and easy to make friends?

Yeh it's very nice there, but from my experience really rich people tend to go due to the price!!
Reply 310
Original post by raynagan
Hi Mr.Joey UK! I'll be coming to UWE in 2011 to complete my third year. It's been such a headache finding accomodation since uni accomodation is fully allocated. Was wondering what other alternatives do I have? I was thinking of staying in Cherry Court which is managed by Unite. Any insights? I heard the rooms are a little small and it's not value for money. My friends are not too keen on staying in a house so maybe thats not option. Do you know where else I could stay? Would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Hi! as far as choosing between halls or houses go it's pretty simple.. halls are a lot more social, houses are a lot cheaper - i guess it depends on you. I myself wouldn't really care how big or small a room is :tongue: as long as i'm in a socialable environment.. and it's a good location, which brings me to another point, that most houses you'd find being let out to students will tend to be in the northern areas of bristol, away from the centre.. which is really where the nightlife shines, and is where the majority of unite's accommodation is located, including cherry court!

There are a few slightly cheaper alternatives to Cherry Court though.. Phoenix Court and Transome House seem to still have a few rooms remaining, and are both in good locations too!

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation-bristol? take a look here if you haven't already, the two i mentioned are at the top.

Also I would reccommend making your mind up FAST as these rooms are flying by.. as more and more people get into UWE via clearing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 311
Original post by smile-b-happy
I'm doing Forensic Biology!! :smile:

am doing forensic chemistry :smile:
Original post by GarethH

Original post by GarethH
Accepted my unconditional for Business studies!

Staying in Student Village. :smile:

I'm doing business studies too!
female sciences student wanted for beautiful accom 2 min walk from frenchay campus

Hi there: Looking for 1 non smoking female, to share house, will have their own double room. Living with 2 biomedical science first year girls, peaceful area, must be easy going, tidy and respect the house as we''re all sharing it! shared living room, and kitchen (incl dishwasher, washing machine, fridge etc), some furnishings but you''ll need a bed. We''re both young, happy, enjoy having a good time and outgoing but meaning no disrepect - if you like going out and throwing up afterwards, bringing different guys back every other night, and are at uni to go clubbing, please dont apply! £400 pcm including bills (electric, gas, water, rates, wifi) 6 week deposit and one month in advance to secure. No time wasters please. Available from 17th Sept (weekend before freshers)

email [email protected]

thank youu :smile: x
Original post by Jeanderoy
Hey!! Im excited about going to UWE to study a masters course in environmental health. I was wondering if anyone knows someone in the same position as me.
I am also looking to get a private accomodation close to the frenchay campus.
If anyone is interested, let me know.
xx :smile:

if your still looking for accomm i may have something perfect for you! lemme know :smile: x
Original post by HelenroseF
Yayyy :smile: ha! I'm in flat 304! What about you?
Cant wait :smile: x

Im in 703, went to check it out today and wasnt actually that bad! haha, what day are you planning on moving in? xx
Im in 703, went to check it out today and wasnt actually that bad! haha, what day are you planning on moving in? xx

I think its lush - in such a good place! much better than the halls i stayed in at another university aswell :smile:
Im moving in the 9th - soon as possible ha!
Are you getting a Ulink bus pass? & also do you know which freshers tickets your buying? i havent got a clue! x
Original post by helenalmighty
I think its lush - in such a good place! much better than the halls i stayed in at another university aswell :smile:
Are you getting a Ulink bus pass? & also do you know which freshers tickets your buying? i havent got a clue! x

Here's a tip for you. Don't get tickets until you get there. When staying in halls there are so many people selling and wanting to buy. As often people buy before and then realise there are other things on or their mates are going somewhere else. It could save you a bit, but if you want to buy them before do it. Get a ulink pass too imo unless you think you won't be going to uni more than 2 times a week (aka being lazy :tongue:)

Last year the foam party was fun just for the uniqueness of it. Not sure if there is on this year. UV one looked worth it too. All Stars i recommend against. I don't know many who had a good word to say about it last year. It eventually ended by the fire alarm going off and it ended like that really early :/ A real disappointment and for the price sadly not worth it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by helenalmighty

Yeah right in the centre, so im going to be sooo poor as topshops right next door! haha. Yeah same, dont know what to do for like a week thoguh unti lfreshers starts? what room are you in? I was just about to look that up on the uwe website, otherwise its going cost like £20 a week! Ive bought one for Allstars already! And was thinking about the UV paint one, but havent bothered looking at the rest yet! xx
Yeah right in the centre, so im going to be sooo poor as topshops right next door! haha. Yeah same, dont know what to do for like a week thoguh unti lfreshers starts? what room are you in? I was just about to look that up on the uwe website, otherwise its going cost like £20 a week! Ive bought one for Allstars already! And was thinking about the UV paint one, but havent bothered looking at the rest yet! xx

Ino right haha!! Student Loan is gunna be taken over by topshop ha!!
Im just gunna chill tbh - try and go make as many friends as poss - mingle :smile: im a proper home person aswell so i'll spend hours setting up my room haha!
Im in Room D 304 what about you? add me on Facebook - Helen Rose Foot - and we can get together in the week before freshers if you like? i'll show you around Bristol :biggrin:
Yeah ino its insane it works out at around £5 a week if we get a annual pass but its £300!!
Yeah i think the All stars one is the only one i'll buy and the others i'll get when im there i think :smile:
x x x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending