The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
Are you joking? Wow. That's some crazy dedication.

i'd be walking out the door, and either they'd go 'hey laurie, we're doing this, wanna watch?' or i'd spot something interesting happening and go watch it!

left me exhausted by the end of the week but it is amazing! the amount of stuff i got to see! you miss out on so much if you limit yourself to boundaries - i put myself forward for loads, rather than think 'they probably won't let me' i just went and if i got turned away, at least i tried :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just made a Birmingham 2012 medical applicants thread if anyone is interested :smile:
Two days of intensive UKCAT preparation here i come :rolleyes:
Reply 6703
Original post by Normandy114

I did 3 days, and it was 3 days of hell! Good luck :thumbsup:
Original post by tbag1

Original post by tbag1
I did 3 days, and it was 3 days of hell! Good luck :thumbsup:

And how useful was it? x

Right now I am on a tea break from a similar exercise :smile:
Reply 6706
Original post by Loulibelle
And how useful was it? x

What I meant was, I only started revising for my UKCAT 3 days before my exam. It was incredibly useful, but more revision (at least a week, 2 weeks would be great) would have been better :tongue:
Right now I am on a tea break from a similar exercise :smile:

When is yours scheduled for? :smile:

When is yours scheduled for? :smile:

THURSDAY!! :eek:

I am completely terrified! I think I may have exhausted the amount of study which CAN be done for the test, as it's pretty much designed so that you can't study for it!

Anyway, cracking on with some QR and AR which I am pants at!! :smile:

To be honest, I'm just looking forward to it being over!!

When's yours? x
What ya get for UKCAT? huh? HUH?! :wink:

:smile:
My average was 750
Amazing!! well done :biggrin:

don't think mine will be anywhere near that!! :frown:
Hey guys, I've got my UKCAT booked for this Thursday, and I'm sh*tting myself when it comes to AR. The other sections are fine, AR just pis*es me off :frown: - I can never seem to find the pattern within the allocated time :mad:

Any last minute tips?

Cheers
Amazing!! well done :biggrin:

don't think mine will be anywhere near that!! :frown:

Thank you! and think positive!
How did you do in your AS's?
Does anyone know which universities put less emphasis on GCSEs for applicants with achieved A-levels at AAAc? My GCSEs were 2 A*s, 4As and 4 Bs.
Unfortunately, I got Bs in Science and English Language.
Original post by itsrayray:)

[QUOTE=itsrayray[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];33594649]Thank you! and think positive!
How did you do in your AS's?

I got aaab, but there's a query with one of my chem papers (which was the B), so that's being reassessed...

Can you tell me how you found the QR sections compared to the practice material you've used? x
THURSDAY!! :eek:

I am completely terrified! I think I may have exhausted the amount of study which CAN be done for the test, as it's pretty much designed so that you can't study for it!

Anyway, cracking on with some QR and AR which I am pants at!! :smile:

To be honest, I'm just looking forward to it being over!!

When's yours? x

Thursday as well, 3pm. Took a while to sort out the bursary for it and by the time i came to book it the only dates free in august were this Thursday and Friday.
Just took the first UKCAT practice test from their official program, got 31/44, 14/36, 46/65 and 20/28 for VR, QR, AR and DA respectively. Quite happy with all of them except for QR which I need to work on. There's just so much to read then work out it's ridiculous!

Thursday as well, 3pm. Took a while to sort out the bursary for it and by the time i came to book it the only dates free in august were this Thursday and Friday.
Just took the first UKCAT practice test from their official program, got 31/44, 14/36, 46/65 and 20/28 for VR, QR, AR and DA respectively. Quite happy with all of them except for QR which I need to work on. There's just so much to read then work out it's ridiculous!

How do you do AR? Do you actually sit and work it out, or just go with your instinct? x
Original post by thegodofgod
Hey guys, I've got my UKCAT booked for this Thursday, and I'm sh*tting myself when it comes to AR. The other sections are fine, AR just pis*es me off :frown: - I can never seem to find the pattern within the allocated time :mad:

Any last minute tips?

Cheers

With AR, you will get better as time goes along. You have to keep on praticing.

Here are some tips to help you when deciding which pattern to deduce:

Shape
Colour
Angle/Arrangement
Number
Symmetry

OR

Fill
Outline
Number
Type/texture

Hoped that helped
I think I'm stressing myself out so much that I'm doing more bad than good with this studying... :s-smilie:

I haven't improved my AR at all, I got 3 and 10 out of 36 for QR in the UKCAT practice tests... :mad:

I don't want to study anymore, I'm just getting myself wound up.

:cry:
Reply 6719
I think I'm stressing myself out so much that I'm doing more bad than good with this studying... :s-smilie:

I haven't improved my AR at all, I got 3 and 10 out of 36 for QR in the UKCAT practice tests... :mad:

I don't want to study anymore, I'm just getting myself wound up.

:cry:

Now take a deep breath... and relax...

The practice for QR is usually v. hard, much harder than the real so if you're not doing as you hope you would, that's completely normal. So I've been told.

You're not alone...AR... is such a b****. I fail to see any relationships and with practice, it's just getting worse.