The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Current bookies' favourites are Patriots (13/2), Packers (15/2) Eagles (9/1) and Chargers (11/1).

Bucs at 40/1 are going to get a bet from me, and rank outsiders are Browns, Bills and Panthers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rugbygreg
With all this talk about possible superbowl winners, I really cannot see why people are considering the Colts at all this year. Manning seems to be a bit banged up with his shoulder and without him or a 100% him that team is at best 8-8.

Manning is set to be out for the first 6 weeks by the looks of things because his neck hasn't fully healed up.
Reply 2282
Original post by marcusmerehay
Current bookies' favourites are Patriots (13/2), Packers (15/2) Eagles (9/1) and Chargers (11/1).

Bucs at 40/1 are going to get a bet from me, and rank outsiders are Browns, Bills and Panthers.

Dunno why but I reckon the Bucs are still a year away maybe a bit more, they are definitely on the up though. Got a hunch about the Saints and the superbowl so gonna get on them soon pretty decent price as well
Reply 2283
Original post by marcusmerehay

Buccs haven't got the secondary to win the bowl. I do hope they make the playoffs this year though. As for the rank outsiders, seahawks and the bengals will have worse records than all those teams lol.
I would love to put a bet on the Packers but I'm not going to. I think they're genuinely capable of doing it again, especially with all the injured players returning and the draft we've had. But then again, it's near impossible to win back-to-back superbowls :frown: If I do end up placing a bet on them, it won't be anything more that a tenner.
Mmmm Patriots...

#Just sayin
Reply 2286
^ see you in the SuperBowl again

- Giants fan
Original post by David22

- Giants fan

The Giants? In the Superbowl?

well...

Spoiler

FML Bears :facepalm2:

When are we drafting?
Reply 2289
Original post by David22

- Giants fan

I have to say, I laughed a little. I'd say a winning record would be a reasonable goal for the giants this year.
Thing is with the play-offs, it's an entirely different game to regular season. NFC tends to have teams with medicore records going far. And look at the Jest.
Reply 2291
Original post by paddy__power
FML Bears :facepalm2:

When are we drafting?

At the current rate, in the top 5.
Reply 2292
You guys just can't handle the truth!

No, but really, our backfield has probably now reverted to what it was in 2009 - one of the top teams to allow the most points :frown:
Original post by B-More52
Manning is set to be out for the first 6 weeks by the looks of things because his neck hasn't fully healed up.

On PUP? If so the Colts are in serious trouble-surely they'll activate him and just not suit him up?

Without manning IIRC the Colts are a top 10 pick team-4 wins max. Just look at that team-no QB, a offense that relies on the pass (and particually short, finess passing), a unconvincing running game, two rookie tackles, two decent recieving options in Clarke and Wayne but both aging. They're terrible on the D as well outside of Mathis and Freeney...
Original post by David22
You guys just can't handle the truth!

No, but really, our backfield has probably now reverted to what it was in 2009 - one of the top teams to allow the most points :frown:

You started CC Brown then didn't you? If its that bad then god help you.

I'm not convinced by Eli as well. Decent QB but IMO not good enough to drag the team along with him.
If Peyton Manning misses any more than 2 weeks, the Colts WILL NOT go to the Play-offs. Guarantee. Curtis Painter is playing himself out of the back-up job, and there 3rd/4th stringers are so unknown I don't even know who they are...
Looks like the Colts have dragged Kerry Collins out of retirement, it's better than having Painter taking snaps :s-smilie:
Reply 2297
Really sad about Peyton IMO, the league is much better with him in it ****ting on people every week than injured
Reply 2298
The prospect of a Eagles-Pats Superbowl is looking good...would fancy the Pats to win it!
Here's a question. Why oh why did New England go for Albert Haynesworth? Granted that on his day in Tennessee he was some player, but when he went to Washington he did nothing. Looks like it'll be that way again with the Pats unless BB delivers a rollicking and a half.

Ocho could be a great acquisition though - possibly a Randy Moss Mk.II if he keeps his head down and works hard.

Latest