The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Does anyone know if it's possible/how to pay your hall sub online? I'm staying in Harry French.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by jazzybeckyjam
So this thread has been a huge help~ But I was wondering if anyone had any opinions they’d be willing to give about Falk Egg. I’ve been offered a place there and haven’t seen it, so… is it all right? Cheap and cheerful?

Scrap everything I said - I'm in Rutherford now! :smile:
Original post by Lotta!
I'm in the Holt, en suite. Anybody else? :smile:

Same :smile:
Reply 903
Trying to pay for my room bond but its saying the details supplied could not be validated :frown: Is our student ID; the one provided by UCAS or the one on the accommodation email....as all my details are right and im just confused why its not working :s-smilie:
Original post by ABoot!
Trying to pay for my room bond but its saying the details supplied could not be validated :frown: Is our student ID; the one provided by UCAS or the one on the accommodation email....as all my details are right and im just confused why its not working :s-smilie:

It's the B0xxxxx number (obviously, xxxxx should be the numbers from the email). Now that you're confirmed as a Loughborough student you can forget about your UCAS ID.
Original post by ABoot!

The one on your accommodation email. It should be in the format of a B, followed by six numbers. eg. B123456
Reply 906
Ive used that ID number on the email but it still says that my details could not be validated :s-smilie:
Reply 907
It said the same for me. I called them up and they said it hadn't all been updated yet, so they put me through to finances and I paid over the phone.
Funny, I used my UCAS number and it worked fine whereas my Lboro number wasnt accepted.
Apart from the room bond does anything else have to be payed for just yet?
Original post by sweetmango
Apart from the room bond does anything else have to be payed for just yet?

Not that I'm aware of (unless things have changed from last year). But note that you will have to pay hall subs when you move in - these pay for loads of freshers stuff and the upkeep of the common room (or at least Butler Court's were), and they also vary from hall to hall. Butler were fairly lenient with payment of subs though - I think there were still a few people that hadn't paid at Christmas - but I'm not sure what other halls are like.
Reply 911
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Not that I'm aware of (unless things have changed from last year). But note that you will have to pay hall subs when you move in - these pay for loads of freshers stuff and the upkeep of the common room (or at least Butler Court's were), and they also vary from hall to hall. Butler were fairly lenient with payment of subs though - I think there were still a few people that hadn't paid at Christmas - but I'm not sure what other halls are like.

I know this is going to make me sound incredibly tight, but I really resent the idea of having to pay 'hall subs'. The university makes a massive profit from accommodation, IMO they should invest some of the money back into the upkeep of the common room and freshers events. - I'm sure if anyone asked them they would spout a load of *******s about encouraging students to 'get involved', but anyone with half a brain can see they are just increasing their profit margin by getting the students to pay for the upkeep of the communal areas. This should be included in the quoted rent price.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by BigV
I know this is going to make me sound incredibly tight, but I really resent the idea of having to pay 'hall subs'. The university makes a massive profit from accommodation, IMO they should invest some of the money back into the upkeep of the common room and freshers events. - I'm sure if anyone asked them they would spout a load of *******s about encouraging students to 'get involved', but anyone with half a brain can see they are just increasing their profit margin by getting the students to pay for the upkeep of the communal areas. This should be included in the quoted rent price.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on it either - probably because Butlers were £60.

But the difference is these aren't paid to Imago/Unite/[Whoever else runs a hall], they're paid to the hall committee (made up of 2nd/3rd years). In Butlers case, it paid for a Sky+HD subscription (with just about everything), all 3 major consoles + games, a couple of pool tables, freshers t-shirts, and a few nights out in Freshers as far as I know.

But yeah, I agree it is kinda tight on the hall's part.
Reply 913
Hi :smile: I have a question! I've been offered a catered, standard room in Royce which is the opposite of my preferences (self-catered & en-suite). Is there any way of getting another room from the halls of residence if i were to accept/reject this room - maybe to swap with another student or something? any ideas? I've been looking at off-campus rooms online but would prefer to live on campus 1st year! Any help would be great!
Original post by mwhelan
Hi :smile: I have a question! I've been offered a catered, standard room in Royce which is the opposite of my preferences (self-catered & en-suite). Is there any way of getting another room from the halls of residence if i were to accept/reject this room - maybe to swap with another student or something? any ideas? I've been looking at off-campus rooms online but would prefer to live on campus 1st year! Any help would be great!

I think your best bet would be to phone the Student Accommodation Centre on Monday to ask if it's possible to go self-catered. By now (I'd have thought) all the self-catered en-suites will be gone, but having an en-suite isn't the be all and end all of a nice room. Most of my mates had a shared bathroom this year and never had any trouble (to my knowledge anyway). But if you really want to go self-catered, phone them up Monday morning and see if there's anything left.
Reply 915
I think your best bet would be to phone the Student Accommodation Centre on Monday to ask if it's possible to go self-catered. By now (I'd have thought) all the self-catered en-suites will be gone, but having an en-suite isn't the be all and end all of a nice room. Most of my mates had a shared bathroom this year and never had any trouble (to my knowledge anyway). But if you really want to go self-catered, phone them up Monday morning and see if there's anything left.

Alright, I'll give them a call and see what they say. Thanks for your help!
Reply 916
Hey guys, just wanted to ask what the shared bathrooms are like in general? Are they just a standard home-like bathroom or are they a big public toilet sort of bathroom and extra shower block? I'm torn between keeping my room at the foundry or looking for a double bed room with a shared bathroom on campus.

Cheers =D
Original post by GameuK
Hey guys, just wanted to ask what the shared bathrooms are like in general? Are they just a standard home-like bathroom or are they a big public toilet sort of bathroom and extra shower block? I'm torn between keeping my room at the foundry or looking for a double bed room with a shared bathroom on campus.

Cheers =D

They're more like a family bathroom - there tends to be separate toilet/shower rooms (which is an obvious plus!) in each flat. Harry French had two toilets and a shower to a flat, I'm not too sure what other halls are like though.
They're more like a family bathroom - there tends to be separate toilet/shower rooms (which is an obvious plus!) in each flat. Harry French had two toilets and a shower to a flat, I'm not too sure what other halls are like though.

How many people share a flat in Harry French?
:smile:
Original post by mint treasure
How many people share a flat in Harry French?
:smile:

6 people in the standard flats. But I'm not sure for the the other types of room.

Latest

Trending

Trending