Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University - Starting 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by AmyPariiis
Then forget en-suite rooms I think they are fully booked! But they will offer you something else probably Singer, Apollo or University owned houses. Did you ask for catered or self catered?

I put 1. self-catered and 2. catered...i really dont mind as long as i can sleep and study alone...
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Creul

Original post by Creul
AmyPariiis dont worry about sharing toilets, my girlfriend shared between 7 and at points their was 14 people sharing the toilet and everything was fine. They are cleaned every day anyway :smile:

I hope so, because private housing is quite expensive and a most are not very closed to the university! And I'd like to visit Singer but I can't be there before mid september
Reply 262
I hope so, because private housing is quite expensive and a most are not very closed to the university! And I'd like to visit Singer but I can't be there before mid september

and i think u need to respond to the accommodation offer within 3 days so u can't w8 till then...if u want some advice with no arguments confirm singer...i have a feeling it ll be nice...ill confirm singer if i get an offer too:smile:
Original post by qaswling
and i think u need to respond to the accommodation offer within 3 days so u can't w8 till then...if u want some advice with no arguments confirm singer...i have a feeling it ll be nice...ill confirm singer if i get an offer too:smile:

I think that I going to do:smile:
Reply 264
I think that I going to do:smile:

When you accept it tell us what room your staying in, im in 09.201
Reply 265
guys i was just checking out the dangerous areas in coventry...they say hillfields but..wth is that?:/can any1 post a map to show us? i am sure i am not the only one interested on that matter. i want to be safe :P
Original post by Creul
When you accept it tell us what room your staying in, im in 09.201

Original post by qaswling
guys i was just checking out the dangerous areas in coventry...they say hillfields but..wth is that?:/can any1 post a map to show us? i am sure i am not the only one interested on that matter. i want to be safe :P

OMG Hillfieds is were they offered me private housing cheaper than elsewhere! I was told that stoke sucks
Reply 268
Come and visit the Coventry University Jitsu stall at the freshers Sports and Societies Fair on the 28th September or join our Facebook group if you want to learn the Japanese art of self defence, get fit, meet fellow freshers and students and have fun no matter what your level of experience is :smile:
First two sessions are free for beginners!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7674804500
Original post by xsophiexmx
hi

im a first year student and applied for halls but the uni gave me a place for a room in a house 17 earlsdon avenue!! i paid my deposit but now i want to know if i can transfer to the self catered halls or not?? this house is also about 2 miles away from the uni so i feel like i will be out of it!!

x

I got a house too and when I went in to see the accommodation office today they told me there was nothing they could do. They wouldn't give me another offer for halls (i hadnt paid the deposit yet) and went on to say even when uni starts I can't transfer if I don't like it!
Original post by bethanyglowe
I got a house too and when I went in to see the accommodation office today they told me there was nothing they could do. They wouldn't give me another offer for halls (i hadnt paid the deposit yet) and went on to say even when uni starts I can't transfer if I don't like it!

where is your house? hmm well at least its only for a year and i read that they give the houses to international students!!! i am going to coventry on monday to see how far it is and stuff!
x
Mine is Westminster Rd, which is about 15 mins from the uni because I visited today! What, really? Surely it will be mixed? x

Mine is Westminster Rd, which is about 15 mins from the uni because I visited today! What, really? Surely it will be mixed? x

How is your house? Is it15mins by foot? are the rooms en-suite?
I didn't get to go in it unfortunately, looked a nice area tho. It was 15 minutes the route I took, there could have been a faster route that I might discover when I move in! And unfortunately not no, it's a university owned house :smile:
Anyone going to Apollo?
Reply 275
any greeks here?
Reply 276
Original post by Viva009
adevertising and business :cool:

Haha I've spoken to quite a few that are doing your course but only two that are doing mine! :frown:
Hopefully I find more people soon so I know people :tongue:
Reply 277
OMG Hillfieds is were they offered me private housing cheaper than elsewhere! I was told that stoke sucks

Hillfields and Stoke and all the areas where students are generally rough as they are nearer town. Nowhere is that bad though.

You are close enough to the uni though.
Reply 278
Original post by Kentfield
Whens everyone moving down then? I'm in singer hall n I think the earliest I can move in is 24th september so thats when I plan to :biggrin: ..what bout you lot?

Hi! I am also in Singer Hall, and aye, it seems the earliest we are able to come down is the 24th. I assume that's when Fresher's week kicks off? :biggrin:
Reply 279
Original post by aaronjlaw
Hillfields and Stoke and all the areas where students are generally rough as they are nearer town. Nowhere is that bad though.

You are close enough to the uni though.

I live in Cov and Stoke really isn't that bad :smile: My secondary school was in Stoke (it wasn't a crappy one fyi :wink: ) and theres TONNES of students round there, pretty much every house is rented by them and they seem to be doing fine. :smile:

Hillfields isn't even really bad to my knowledge, but it is known as the 'red light district' of Cov so I guess it's not the best. Definitely not the worst though trust me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending