The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Original post by corker188
Oh right cheers, I saw a room number mentioned briefly when I was scrolling down the previous page, having checked again it was some one saying they had stayed there last year.

That was me :colondollar:

Courtyard A, yay! It's awesome there ^^

I don't know why it's so exciting seeing other people getting their rooms but it really is!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2241
Original post by What's Up
Hi folks...got a few quick questions

Can you buy bedding stuff (sheets and duvets) when we get there? Not much of an issue really, its just I'm flying over so dont have a huge amount of room to take stuff over...

Also i've been told to arrive 16th September which seems a tad early? When does freshers week and all that start up?

Cheers

5. What do I have to do when I arrive?

Your offer letter will include details of where you should park (if arriving by car), and where you should collect your room key. When you collect your key, you will be asked to sign your licence and you will be given the opportunity to purchase a bedding pack. Student helpers will be available to direct you and help you with your luggage. Further details on arrivals day procedures will be published closer to the time.

So you should be able to get bedding there :smile:. Not sure if this includes sheets though or just duvet/pillows? I imagine it would but not 100%. Though there are plenty of shops in town which sell sheets so you can use those the next day or whenever :smile:

16th does seem a little early, not sure about that one. If you are international the date will be earlier than home though.

The term starts on 26th, the first freshers event is on the 24th (just a club night at the LCR) and before that returners is on the 22nd (which is made for, as the name shows, returning students, but I'm sure you'd be allowed if you really wanted to!).

xxx
Original post by jelly1000
in answer to the first part of your question, the ensuite single bit is referring to the fact its a single room and not a shared one

Ah, I get it now... :colondollar: Thanks!

Sorry for being so dense... :colondollar:
Hello everyone, just got my email today :biggrin: And it's University Village, UV Oak, Single Ensuite - arriving on the 24th!

Does anyone know what the Oak bit means?

Original post by Stefani37

Original post by Stefani37
Hello everyone, just got my email today :biggrin: And it's University Village, UV Oak, Single Ensuite - arriving on the 24th!

Does anyone know what the Oak bit means?

It's the house within the village that you'll be living in. Apart from the two courtyards, they're all named after trees :smile:
Reply 2245
Constable terrace! Any good?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It's the house within the village that you'll be living in. Apart from the two courtyards, they're all named after trees :smile:

Haha! That's so odd. Glad I've got somewhere in the University Village though, being so close to everything!

Thankyou! XD
Reply 2247
Just been reading the thread "what not to bring to uni", lots of people are saying irons, kettles and other kitchen appliances, does anyone know if UEA provide these things?

Original post by CallumMc
Constable terrace! Any good?

If you've been to UEA its the one opposite the art centre. Meant to have really big rooms. And its good for me because its pretty damn close to the science buildings lol.
Original post by kpwxx
So you should be able to get bedding there :smile:. Not sure if this includes sheets though or just duvet/pillows? I imagine it would but not 100%. Though there are plenty of shops in town which sell sheets so you can use those the next day or whenever :smile:

16th does seem a little early, not sure about that one. If you are international the date will be earlier than home though.

The term starts on 26th, the first freshers event is on the 24th (just a club night at the LCR) and before that returners is on the 22nd (which is made for, as the name shows, returning students, but I'm sure you'd be allowed if you really wanted to!).

xxx

Ah right thanks a lot! Its no biggy just wondering if i had to reserve some or anything? :smile:

Hmm yeah i thought it was early. I'm from Northern Ireland so i'm not an international student but i am doing medicine so that might have something to do with it I guess? I'm sure there'll be plently to keep me busy till everything starts, so no worries! :smile:
Original post by Jakelee

Original post by Jakelee
Just been reading the thread "what not to bring to uni", lots of people are saying irons, kettles and other kitchen appliances, does anyone know if UEA provide these things?

You'll need an iron.

On campus people seemed to have a hot water dispenser in the kitchen, we had no such thing (and somebody had to buy a kettle) in the village. Not sure what you mean by other kitchen utensils? Village also didn't have a toaster.

If it's not essential then I'd advise just leaving it, and then you and your new flatmates can go out and buy cheap appliances together :smile:

Hmm yeah i thought it was early. I'm from Northern Ireland so i'm not an international student but i am doing medicine so that might have something to do with it I guess? I'm sure there'll be plently to keep me busy till everything starts, so no worries! :smile:

That's the normal date for medics to move in :yep:
Reply 2250
Original post by Jakelee

If you've been to UEA its the one opposite the art centre. Meant to have really big rooms. And its good for me because its pretty damn close to the science buildings lol.

They don't have irons, though the 'don't bring' reasoning still applies a little since other people might bring one you can all share. And if not you can get one there easily.

I think kettle, toaster etc are provided as they are not listed on the 'bring this' list on uea's website, though I don't remember them being there in the village... I suppose the wait and see from above applies again, I think they sell basic appliances on campus anyway so it's not far to go!

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/livinginuearesidences/whattopack

xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2251
Ah right thanks a lot! Its no biggy just wondering if i had to reserve some or anything? :smile:

Just stumbled across this; http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/livinginuearesidences/whattopack.

Says you need to book online beforehand, sure UEAAccommodation can help you out here!

xxx
My mum was convinced I needed my own dustbin!

My mum was convinced I needed my own dustbin!

:nah:
Whoops I just realised I failed. When I accepted my accommodation offer (Norfolk Terrace), I included my full name, but didn't write my student I.D. Number.
Do I need to resend my confirmation, or do you think they've worked it out without my number.
Hi folks...got a few quick questions

Can you buy bedding stuff (sheets and duvets) when we get there? Not much of an issue really, its just I'm flying over so dont have a huge amount of room to take stuff over...

Also i've been told to arrive 16th September which seems a tad early? When does freshers week and all that start up?

Cheers

You can buy a bedding pack from us for £20 if you like when you get here (it has a duvet, sheet, pillow and covers for both) or if you prefer you can go on our website and order one to be put in your room for you so it's there for you when you arrive.

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/applyforroom/beddingapplication

Original post by High As A Kite
Hi, my surname begins with B and I have no emails :confused:

Are people picked in batches according to which type of room they are given or should everyone from A-D have recieved an email by now?

Listen to BabyBoom for they speak the truth! We will do them in several batches throughout the next week or so.

Original post by ThePurpleRose
Victory House! :biggrin: A bit confused though, as my offer says Ensuite Single but I thought the on campus ensuites were 'Ensuite Premium'... Either way though, I'm very happy to have accommodation and to not be in Mary Chapman Court (which I'm sure is lovely but wouldn't have suited me much)! :tongue:

But yay! First Choice! :biggrin:

Thanks for the accommodation offer! :smile:

Also, I'm sorry to be a bother, but I've just accepted my offer and the email asks for my full name, which I gave. Could I PM you my details to check you have my response? My 6th form was always spelling my name wrong and the Connexions system was convinced I didn't exist as a result. I'm slightly paranoid about losing my room because my name as I've spelt it in my email doesn't compute with what's on the system... I know it's silly and you probably have it right from my UCAS application, but having to head to the exams office in High School because after five years, the school has spelled my name wrong when they entered me for GCSEs, I feel like I have to make sure...

Thanks for your time reading that ramble anyway! :smile:

I would imagine that it says ensuite campus because that is what the rooms were called last year! I'll mention it to my boss who updates the templates tomorrow and get it changed to ensuite premium which is what they are called now. It looks like the offer letter hasn't been updated properly. Don't worry it won't affect the rom you have been offered!

You can PM me if you want with your details and I can let you know for sure but as long as you gave us your student number when you replied to accept your room we use that to find you on our system anyway!

Original post by kpwxx
That was me :colondollar:

Courtyard A, yay! It's awesome there ^^

I don't know why it's so exciting seeing other people getting their rooms but it really is!

I know, I love this time of year!

I think you have already been told this but I missed it my reply above. The 16th is the date the Med students are moving in so you have the right info there. By the 16th the campus is already filling up and you are not the first group to arrive, you won't be alone.

Original post by stroppyninja
Whoops I just realised I failed. When I accepted my accommodation offer (Norfolk Terrace), I included my full name, but didn't write my student I.D. Number.
Do I need to resend my confirmation, or do you think they've worked it out without my number.

No biggy, just send us another email with the student number on it to the same address. We may be able to find you with just your name but it depends how many people with the same one as you we have on our systems (happens more often than would think).
Reply 2257
Is it weird that I cant wait to find out which room Ive got for the year? :colondollar:

:gah:
Original post by zae2yaya
University Village, Courtyard A!

So glad I got my first choice, thank you! :banana:

Just realised "UV C-A" stands for University Village Courtyard A , It wasn't fully written in my offer letter. We're neighbours :tongue:
Original post by Popey93
Is it weird that I cant wait to find out which room Ive got for the year? :colondollar:

:gah:

nah i was like that!

Latest

Trending

Trending