The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pigwigeon
I kept all my shower stuff in a plastic basket with holes in on the floor of my shower. It was then easy to move all my stuff on shower cleaning day, and the water drained out of it. I managed to fit all the necessary things around my sink. I did bring a set of plastic drawers with me which I put opposite the door of my shower, in which I kept all my other toiletries and cosmetics. The bathrooms could probably do with a shelf in them, but hey ho, I managed (and at least they didn't have huge, fist-sized spiders like the one I discovered lurking in the bathroom of my student house at 2am which had... shudder... disappeared by the next morning...).

I'm finding stalking where everyone's living quite exciting for some bizarre reason. I'm really intrigued as to who's got my room/flat this year, but since they haven't been giving out flat numbers with accommodation offers my plans have been scuppered. There's no choice other than lurking outside the entrance of Britten house and seeing who walks out of it in freshers week then...

i was just told their was a shelf, do you mean cupboards?
(edited 12 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by jelly1000

i was just told their were shelves in the bathroom, do you mean cupboards?

I think she was on campus ensuite - they might have slightly different bathrooms?

Village (specifically Yew, but I'm sure it's all of them) had shelves :yep:
i was just told their was a shelf, do you mean cupboards?

Nope, no shelf in Britten I'm afraid. Tiny one in the corner of the shower, big enough for a couple of bottles but that's it.
Reply 2283
I kept all my shower stuff in a plastic basket with holes in on the floor of my shower. It was then easy to move all my stuff on shower cleaning day, and the water drained out of it. I managed to fit all the necessary things around my sink. I did bring a set of plastic drawers with me which I put opposite the door of my shower, in which I kept all my other toiletries and cosmetics. The bathrooms could probably do with a shelf in them, but hey ho, I managed (and at least they didn't have huge, fist-sized spiders like the one I discovered lurking in the bathroom of my student house at 2am which had... shudder... disappeared by the next morning...).

I'm finding stalking where everyone's living quite exciting for some bizarre reason. I'm really intrigued as to who's got my room/flat this year, but since they haven't been giving out flat numbers with accommodation offers my plans have been scuppered. There's no choice other than lurking outside the entrance of Britten house and seeing who walks out of it in freshers week then...

Don't talk about spiders in Norwich! We're moving from a really lovely posh expensive student house to a much older more skanky student house this year and I am terrified of how many spiders we'll get there...

:frown:
Nope, no shelf in Britten I'm afraid. Tiny one in the corner of the shower, big enough for a couple of bottles but that's it.

ah poo, will have to cram as much as i can around the sink then
Original post by kpwxx
Don't talk about spiders in Norwich! We're moving from a really lovely posh expensive student house to a much older more skanky student house this year and I am terrified of how many spiders we'll get there...

:frown:

I'm apparently under strict instructions by my nature-loving housemate that I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to kill anything that's alive that appears in our house, and that she will 'set free' any spiders that happen to be lurking in the house. However, she wasn't in the house at that point, and honestly, it was so big that I suspect that even she would probably have refused to go near it. It was almost a mammal. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had mooed had I tried to approach it. I went home the day after and refused to have a shower that morning. Having said that, the rest of the house is completely free of them. I think the complete lack of arachnids in Norwich have been channeled into this particular beast.
Reply 2286
I'm apparently under strict instructions by my nature-loving housemate that I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to kill anything that's alive that appears in our house, and that she will 'set free' any spiders that happen to be lurking in the house. However, she wasn't in the house at that point, and honestly, it was so big that I suspect that even she would probably have refused to go near it. It was almost a mammal. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had mooed had I tried to approach it. I went home the day after and refused to have a shower that morning. Having said that, the rest of the house is completely free of them. I think the complete lack of arachnids in Norwich have been channeled into this particular beast.

Gah!

See I wouldn't kill them, mainly because I could never get anywhere near them, but I have many friends who wouldn't either and I am fine with that (agree with the sentiment being veggie). I supply them with a spider catcher http://www.betterware.co.uk/betta-bug-katcha.html and let them put it outside, then bolt all doors and windows for a long time. What gets to me is when they refuse to even do anything because they're so non-bothered by the spider... what I would give to be that unbothered, and if I was I think I'd go around looking for people needed spiders moving just because I could! People don't understand the pure fear!!!!!

Let's not talk about this it's scaring me (and I think moving away from the subject of accommodation a little...)

xxx
Looks like I'm in Constable Terrace for my first year! I was betting for Norfolk Terrace but at least I'm good for an ensuite room :3
Reply 2288

You don't even now how much I just sat at my desk having a small fit due to the laughter induced by this.. I think it's the mental image that makes it special :teehee:

RE bathroom space, there is literally **** all in the campus ensuites (bar Nelson Court and Constable Terrace which actually have quite generous shelves above the sink.. and massive ensuites.. and generally bigger rooms.. :dry:), but keeping everything in little plastic baskets under the sink did the trick for me.. and, as mentioned, makes matters easier on cleaning day!
Reply 2289
Constable terrace as well, nice to hear they sound a decent size!
Original post by Jakelee
Pfft no smoking pipes?

Whats next? UEA Accomm will be telling us no drugs? :tongue:

Im kidding about the drugs UEA accomm, please don't kick me out of my room I haven't moved into yet. :frown:

Joking eh? Watch out, I've got my eye on you...

Seriously though, it's just no smoking, period. No matter what the substance or apparatus used. You can't smoke in any UEA buildings just the same as you can't in any other buildings in the country.
Reply 2291
Original post by bluish
Hi guys, I just got my accommodation offer today - Nelsons Court, moving in on the 25th! Couldn't be happier! Hit me up if you're there too :smile:

Original post by Paulio
Hey all! Just got my offer from the UEA! Thanks for the first choice :smile:

I got Nelson Court as well! I'll be moving in on the 24th :smile:

I got Nelson too! :biggrin:
aww i dont think i got my first choice :frown: no emails thus far
Original post by High As A Kite
aww i dont think i got my first choice :frown: no emails thus far

We have still have a chance!
I just hope I don't get MCC.
Original post by makingamemory
We have still have a chance!
I just hope I don't get MCC.

whats mcc? :redface:
whats mcc? :redface:

Mary Chapman Court (and it's not nearly as bad as people make out - it has a a very central city location for one thing).
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Mary Chapman Court (and it's not nearly as bad as people make out - it has a a very central city location for one thing).

ahh, are you trying to off-load it to me ? haha just kidding
ahh, are you trying to off-load it to me ? haha just kidding

What makes you think I would I do that?

But can I also say it's also right next to the river just down the road from some lovely pubs and the heart of Mediaval Norwich. Every one of it's well appointed flats has their own kitchen and dining area with cleaning services calling in daily.

Duke Street itself is near the very popular Norwich Lanes area of the city, full of boutique outlets selling all manner goods and within easy walking distance of the main city shopping area including the new Chapplefield Mall.

Why not make Mary Chapman Court your first choice when selecting accommodation. It's a winner.

I know but after having to get public transport to school since primary school, the idea of being within a short walking distance is a godsend lol

What makes you think I would I do that?

But can I also say it's also right next to the river just down the road from some lovely pubs and the heart of Mediaval Norwich. Every one of it's well appointed flats has their own kitchen and dining area with cleaning services calling in daily.

Duke Street itself is near the very popular Norwich Lanes area of the city, full of boutique outlets selling all manner goods and within easy walking distance of the main city shopping area including the new Chapplefield Mall.

Why not make Mary Chapman Court your first choice when selecting accommodation. It's a winner.

You're very good at selling MCC haha
Reply 2299
Village, Courtyard A:wink:)

Latest

Trending

Trending