The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering if anyone could let me know what is suitable to wear for the induction day/s i would wear what i wore for the interview but the shoes i have are not comfortable and the induction is 9-5 so dont really wanna be wearing shoes that cripple me for 8 hours.
Original post by zigzak789
Just wondering if anyone could let me know what is suitable to wear for the induction day/s i would wear what i wore for the interview but the shoes i have are not comfortable and the induction is 9-5 so dont really wanna be wearing shoes that cripple me for 8 hours.

I wore a pair of black trousers, a black t-shirt and a gray cardigan and a pair of flats. But others just turned up in jeans and a t-shirt.
Original post by xangelinax
I wore a pair of black trousers, a black t-shirt and a gray cardigan and a pair of flats. But others just turned up in jeans and a t-shirt.

thankyou! i'll wear some black jeans and nice shirt so that i look presentable :smile:
Reply 9283
Original post by NonaxD
Is eveyone else getting the 2.7% pay rise next month :biggrin:?

I though it was 2.3%?
Reply 9284
Original post by flipshot

Original post by flipshot
How old are you? You can still work on checkouts if you are under 18, you just have to get Alcohol sales approved by a supervisor.

Any tips for the interview?
Original post by hasm

My interview was the pre-DVD test interview so I can't really help much as the interview style has changed.
Original post by hasm

The interview is fairly easy it involves:

A dvd test which has multiple parts

The first is identifying errors which is super easy as it pretty much zooms in on the error its things like spillages, gaps on shelves, a child in the alcohol isles etc

The second part is a simple maths test with questions like 8+5 or 10 x 5 it has one harder question but you have enough time to work it out.

The third part is simply a value test like the one you did on your application whilst answering it think of whats best for both customer and company.

Then you have a 1-to-1 which was easier than i thought it would be :smile:

good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
I can't wait until I find another job. I'm starting to feel like i'll be stuck in Sainsburys for the rest of my life
If i have my induction tomorrow when will the money from that go in, will it be the next payday and if it is does anybody know what date that is?

thankyou
in 2 weeks (9th september)
Reply 9290
Original post by GuyUK
I though it was 2.3%?

Might have read it wrong but doesnt matter still a pay rise :biggrin:
Reply 9291
Original post by 122025278
It's been years since I was a part timer at Sainsbury's, do they still have the system where all staff, I mean colleagues, wear that degrading uniform, including CTS's and department managers, but duty managers and the store manager get to wear suits or smart trousers, shirt and tie to distinguish them from the fodder.

Think all non-management, team leaders and department managers choose either purple polo shirt or purple shirt and tie/blouse with black trousers/skirt and purple jumper/sleeveless jacket/zip-up jacket.

The deputy store managers, store manager and personnel/HR manager all wear "smart" businesswear. Something like a shirt, tie and trousers for men and a top, knitted cardigan and trousers for women. One of my store managers used to occasionally wear a suit jacket too but I don't think they have to if they don't want to. Department managers that are duty managers wear their normal uniform.
Original post by zigzak789
If i have my induction tomorrow when will the money from that go in, will it be the next payday and if it is does anybody know what date that is?

thankyou

You've got until the Saturday before payday to make money, so that's the 3rd of September
Reply 9293
Are convenience stores going to get paid premium rates for working Sundays in these new pay changes or am I just confused?
Got a text from sainsbury saying 'Good News!' does this mean they liked me?
Reply 9295
Original post by TobeTheHero

Original post by TobeTheHero
Got a text from sainsbury saying 'Good News!' does this mean they liked me?

Yes it must be the text where you will be offered an interview.
Reply 9296
Original post by hassan90
Are convenience stores going to get paid premium rates for working Sundays in these new pay changes or am I just confused?

No, they're not.

Also about the uniform question, I can only speak from a convenience point of view, but only management [i.e. deputy & team leaders] should be wearing shirt/tie. ALL other staff should wear polo shirts
Reply 9297
Original post by WDooley1
No, they're not.

Also about the uniform question, I can only speak from a convenience point of view, but only management [i.e. deputy & team leaders] should be wearing shirt/tie. ALL other staff should wear polo shirts

I work in a supermarket and am non-management and pretty much always wear a shirt and tie, we were given the choice about what we wanted to wear at induction. In my store a fair number of non-management staff wear a shirt and tie or blouse. Maybe it's a convienience thing or something your store manager prefers?
Original post by jjgoth
I work in a supermarket and am non-management and pretty much always wear a shirt and tie, we were given the choice about what we wanted to wear at induction. In my store a fair number of non-management staff wear a shirt and tie or blouse. Maybe it's a convienience thing or something your store manager prefers?

Yeah, my store was the same. We got to pick what we wanted when the 'new' uniform came in. I don't really like the polo shirts so I went for the blouse.
Most of our managers wear their own clothes though, although the two checkout managers we had before our current one wore the uniform and sometimes they'll wear the fleece.
How hard is it to work on counters? All day at the induction the woman made it sound as though i had applied for a seriously difficult job and now im worried i won't be upto standard as she kept saying things like "you need to be very skilled to work on counters" etc. got me abit worried :|

Latest

Trending

Trending