The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2012

I'm taking a gap year now so will start uni next year.
I plan on doing biomedical science.
Anyone else starting next year too?
I'd like to make a few friends before starting!

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be there! I'm going to firm Warwick to read Economics :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hopefully going to study Mathematics! Can't wait!
Reply 3
I'll be there! Studying History and in the same position as you after taking a gap year:smile:
Reply 4
Yayyy! I've just firmed for Law and I'm currently on a gap year too :smile: how've you found your years out?

Definitely up for making friends on here before I go :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem

Me too! You go to them STEP/AEA days?
Reply 6
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem

Original post by MHRed
Me too! You go to them STEP/AEA days?

I'm hopefully going to be doing maths too!!

I didn't go to the STEP days, how you guys feeling about the STEP? I take it you're both just doing STEP I?
Reply 7
Original post by TheJ0ker
I'm hopefully going to be doing maths too!!

I didn't go to the STEP days, how you guys feeling about the STEP? I take it you're both just doing STEP I?

Do you get any STEP tuition at school or anything?

Erm, not great at the moment, I'm maybe not doing as much as I should, but I'm starting to buckle down properly during the holidays! How about you?

Yeah, I'm taking AEA and STEP I. Hopefully having done STEP, AEA should be a laugh....hopefully. :tongue:
Reply 8
Hopefully going to be there for "Economics, Politics & Int. Studies" :smile:
:stupido2: URGENT: Can someone please tell me if PPE is a Band 1 course or Band 2? (Tuition fee status) because band 2 is 17,400 pounds. I'd appreciate a quick reply as I'm working out the finances and my acceptance depends upon it. Thanks!
Reply 10
PPE is a Band 1 course.
"Band 1 courses are those in Humanities (excluding Theatre and Performance Studies), Education degrees, Mathematics and Statistics degrees including MORSE, plus the Mathematics and Physics joint degrees and degrees in Social Science (excluding Warwick Business School and the Department of Economics)." - http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/studentfunding/ugfees/
Reply 11
I think I'm going to firm Warwick for Computer Science, so will hopefully be there.
Original post by Ash16
PPE is a Band 1 course.
"Band 1 courses are those in Humanities (excluding Theatre and Performance Studies), Education degrees, Mathematics and Statistics degrees including MORSE, plus the Mathematics and Physics joint degrees and degrees in Social Science (excluding Warwick Business School and the Department of Economics)." - http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/studentfunding/ugfees/

Thanks for your reply but PPE includes ''Economics''. Doesn't that make it Band 2?
Reply 13
Oops! I'm so sorry, just skimmed through that. :tongue:
Yeah, since it's in the Economics department, it would be Band 2, hence higher fees. :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by MHRed
Do you get any STEP tuition at school or anything?

Erm, not great at the moment, I'm maybe not doing as much as I should, but I'm starting to buckle down properly during the holidays! How about you?

Yeah, I'm taking AEA and STEP I. Hopefully having done STEP, AEA should be a laugh....hopefully. :tongue:

No I have to teach it all to myself, my teachers are next to useless, I've asked for help with two problems now and they don't have a clue so I gave up asking them. I'm feeling ok about it I'm hoping to improve a lot over these holidays though. Have you applied for accommodation yet?
Reply 15
Original post by TheJ0ker
No I have to teach it all to myself, my teachers are next to useless, I've asked for help with two problems now and they don't have a clue so I gave up asking them. I'm feeling ok about it I'm hoping to improve a lot over these holidays though. Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Same here mate, teachers at mine are useless for anything further maths upwards. :frown: Ah well, soldier on :redface:
You got the opportunity to go those days?

Nah, not yet, not even thought about where to go for or anything! you?
I'm on a gap year too...in New Zealand at the moment! Going to be studying French and German :smile: Have you decided on accommodation yet?
It is semi likely that I will be a Warwick Fresher (quite possible I'll miss my firm due to STEP - hopefully will get my firm, though) :smile:

Insuring for Maths & Physics.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Hey folks, my daughter is a first year and the same thread appeared last year. Someone started a facebook group which had hundreds of members by the time October came around. People worked out who was going to be in their accomodation, and even their floor, and, by the time room info was released person messages were being written and friendships had already been forged. On the first day as we helped install Laura, people were running up to her and hugging her like old friends. From my point of view I had no worries about driving off and leaving her there.
She is having the time of her life as you all will. Good luck!
Reply 19
Original post by asmjffdd
Hey folks, my daughter is a first year and the same thread appeared last year. Someone started a facebook group which had hundreds of members by the time October came around. People worked out who was going to be in their accomodation, and even their floor, and, by the time room info was released person messages were being written and friendships had already been forged. On the first day as we helped install Laura, people were running up to her and hugging her like old friends. From my point of view I had no worries about driving off and leaving her there.
She is having the time of her life as you all will. Good luck!

May I ask what your daughter is studying? :smile:
Great post btw!

Quick Reply

Latest