The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I'm a bit panicky I don't have my accomodation yet just in case my application didn't go through/ my hotmail is being a cow and all sorts.

Damn paranoia!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2301
Original post by UEAAccommodation
What makes you think I would I do that?

But can I also say it's also right next to the river just down the road from some lovely pubs and the heart of Mediaval Norwich. Every one of it's well appointed flats has their own kitchen and dining area with cleaning services calling in daily.

Duke Street itself is near the very popular Norwich Lanes area of the city, full of boutique outlets selling all manner goods and within easy walking distance of the main city shopping area including the new Chapplefield Mall.

Why not make Mary Chapman Court your first choice when selecting accommodation. It's a winner.

Nice selling!

I'd add that it is proper close to the fancy dress shop for easy Tuesday LCR shopping! Also while needed a bus for lectures/LCR you can walk for nights out in town, saving a lot on taxi money! And you get a proper oven, and a space to rent a washing machine, so no laundrette checks needed.

xxx
When will the undergraduate offers come out!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by High As A Kite
aww i dont think i got my first choice :frown: no emails thus far

Just because you don't have an email doesn't mean you haven't got your first choice. There's no way to tell, just be patient. :smile:
Reply 2304
Hey.

Will people be moving into the same blocks or rooms over the 2 days, or will one whole block be moved in on one day?

I was given 25th September Nelson Court and i'm just wondering if people will be there on the 24th September?
Original post by JHall123
Hey.

Will people be moving into the same blocks or rooms over the 2 days, or will one whole block be moved in on one day?

I was given 25th September Nelson Court and i'm just wondering if people will be there on the 24th September?

Odd numbered flats will move in one day even numbers the next (or vice versa depending on the block). The only people that will be in your flat the day before will be any international students that have already got there on their arrival day mid-week.
Reply 2306
Original post by JHall123
Hey.

I got Nelson Court and my move in day is the 24th :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
I'm so excited! :biggrin: :biggrin: You'll have to come to my flat for dinner! :awesome:

I'll be there. :biggrin: If you can cook, I'll even be there early! :tongue:
I would invite you to my flat for dinner in return but it may have to wait until I've figured out how to cook edible food in the the microwaves... :frown:

Original post by High As A Kite
planning din din meets already ! :frown:

i want an emaiL!!!!!!!!

Haha, if you can cook, you're more than welcome in my flat for dinner! Provided you cook of course... ¬_¬ :tongue:

Original post by amelia1306
yeaah Victory House for me as well! looks amazing i can't wait, my start date is the 25th

Ah, same. The wait until the 25th is either gonna crawl by or sneak up on me and I won't have packe. :rolleyes:

What course are you on?
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm sure this has already been answered but what do we need to include on the acceptance email?
Original post by pigwigeon
I'm apparently under strict instructions by my nature-loving housemate that I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to kill anything that's alive that appears in our house, and that she will 'set free' any spiders that happen to be lurking in the house. However, she wasn't in the house at that point, and honestly, it was so big that I suspect that even she would probably have refused to go near it. It was almost a mammal. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had mooed had I tried to approach it. I went home the day after and refused to have a shower that morning. Having said that, the rest of the house is completely free of them. I think the complete lack of arachnids in Norwich have been channeled into this particular beast.

This post is so funny... Add to that that I had a similar experience last night (it scuttled out of my dad's slipper when I opened my bedroom door, then scaled the door to my parents' room. It was big enough that I seriosuly doubted it would be able to fit in a tissue.) and it made me chuckle... :smile:

And I'm liking this reference to the 'complete lack of arachnids'! :smile: That's definitely something you could focus on with selling accommodation at UEA! :tongue: I just hope the cow-spider stays away...
Original post by ThePurpleRose
I'll be there. :biggrin: If you can cook, I'll even be there early! :tongue:
I would invite you to my flat for dinner in return but it may have to wait until I've figured out how to cook edible food in the the microwaves... :frown:

Haha, if you can cook, you're more than welcome in my flat for dinner! Provided you cook of course... ¬_¬ :tongue:

Ah, same. The wait until the 25th is either gonna crawl by or sneak up on me and I won't have packe. :rolleyes:

What course are you on?

I can cook. I just refuse to cook meat or fish. :tongue: Actually, it's been months since I 'cooked' anything more complex than an omelette and salad so I'll probably be in 'everything I cook will be burnt to a crisp' mode!
It isn't possible to forget how to cook is it? :tongue:

I haven't bought anything yet! It's actually driving me mad because I like to have everything organised in advance but I can't get anything sorted atm! I tried to contact my old college so I can get my £100 book deposit back (so I can spend it! :tongue:) and they haven't replied. I have a double duvet set (because a double duvet on a single bed is the best thing ever!) but no duvet or fitted sheets and I have a purple frying pan which, in retrospect, should have been a saucepan because I'm not very likely to fry anything and that's it! I was going to *attempt* to buy some clothes today to cheer myself up but I couldn't find my cash card. I've put lots of things in an online basket at Dunlem Mills but I want to buy things in person! :tongue: My mum says she has loads of unused kitchen things so I need to see what she can give me. She doesn't have 99p purple plates and mugs though so I'll get those from Dunlem Mills! :tongue:
I'll try and get as much stuff from my mum and my stepmum as I can so I'll only need to buy clothes and a laptop and cables and general electronic stuff and a bike. Gosh, that's not *only* at all! My issue is I hate spending money! Even if it's on things I actually need! So I need someone to go shopping with me to stop me from staring at a pop up laundry basket and actually buy it. I can't believe how much money I'm going to be spending! :sad:
If you pack weeks in advance you'll have nothing to do the night before so you might as well wait haha!
Original post by Withered
I'm sure this has already been answered but what do we need to include on the acceptance email?

Your full name and UEA ID. :smile:

(because a double duvet on a single bed is the best thing ever!)

I agree, but bear in mind your bed will be against the wall, so you can't evenly balance the duvet over it - it's more likely to fall off the bed and you'll wake up freezing cold in the middle of a winter night :sad:

So looking forward to having a double bed this year :awesome:
Original post by pigwigeon
I'm apparently under strict instructions by my nature-loving housemate that I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to kill anything that's alive that appears in our house, and that she will 'set free' any spiders that happen to be lurking in the house. However, she wasn't in the house at that point, and honestly, it was so big that I suspect that even she would probably have refused to go near it. It was almost a mammal. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had mooed had I tried to approach it. I went home the day after and refused to have a shower that morning. Having said that, the rest of the house is completely free of them. I think the complete lack of arachnids in Norwich have been channeled into this particular beast.

*dies with laughter* :rofl:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I agree, but bear in mind your bed will be against the wall, so you can't evenly balance the duvet over it - it's more likely to fall off the bed and you'll wake up freezing cold in the middle of a winter night :sad:

So looking forward to having a double bed this year :awesome:

Noooooooo! :sad: That's my super ninja plan to keep warm ruined! :laugh:

Yeah, you enjoy your double bed! *pouts* :tongue:

You could always try tucking a small amount of the duvet down the side, and press the mattress really far up against the wall? That might be enough to keep it on the bed :dontknow:

It'll be you next year :hand: :p:
Reply 2315

I had a double duvet in the village and it never fell off, same in my single bed up against the wall in 2nd year. I think the method of snuggling up in to it at night I use keeps it on, and in the day I just fold it in half to make it look neater :smile:

xxx
Reply 2316
I have a Cow pop-up laundry basket :cool:

I cant wait to buy all my household items, like my own spotty plate set and my own pans!! :biggrin:
Reply 2317

I've put lots of things in an online basket at Dunlem Mills but I want to buy things in person! :tongue: My mum says she has loads of unused kitchen things so I need to see what she can give me. She doesn't have 99p purple plates and mugs though so I'll get those from Dunlem Mills! :tongue:
I'll try and get as much stuff from my mum and my stepmum as I can so I'll only need to buy clothes and a laptop and cables and general electronic stuff and a bike. Gosh, that's not *only* at all! My issue is I hate spending money! Even if it's on things I actually need! So I need someone to go shopping with me to stop me from staring at a pop up laundry basket and actually buy it. I can't believe how much money I'm going to be spending! :sad:
If you pack weeks in advance you'll have nothing to do the night before so you might as well wait haha!

Thank you SO much for mentioning Dunlem Mills! I'm coming from overseas so I'll have to buy all my kitchen/bedding/storage stuff when I get there and was stressing about all the money I would have to spend up front (I also have a problem spending money even when I know it's for necessary things). So knowing of some other places in Norwich to buy the stuff I'll need apart from Tesco which have potentially cheaper prices puts my mind at ease a bit. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2318
Original post by ignppw
Thank you SO much for mentioning Dunlem Mills! I'm coming from overseas so I'll have to buy all my kitchen/bedding/storage stuff when I get there and was stressing about all the money I would have to spend up front (I also have a problem spending money even when I know it's for necessary things). So knowing of some other places in Norwich to buy the stuff I'll need apart from Tesco which have potentially cheaper prices puts my mind at ease a bit. :biggrin:

If you're looking for that, primark also do nice looking bedding sets, may get a little ratty after a couple of years but for the price it's worth it I think!

Also there is a big ASDA in norwich :smile: And a matalan which is good for those kind of things.

xxx
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
You could always try tucking a small amount of the duvet down the side, and press the mattress really far up against the wall? That might be enough to keep it on the bed :dontknow:

It'll be you next year :hand: :p:

:awesome: I'll look forward to it! :biggrin:

Original post by kpwxx
I had a double duvet in the village and it never fell off, same in my single bed up against the wall in 2nd year. I think the method of snuggling up in to it at night I use keeps it on, and in the day I just fold it in half to make it look neater :smile:

xxx

Yeah, I was thinking of lying in between the folded bits and turning the duvet into a cocoon haha! So glad I'm not the only one! :biggrin:
Original post by ignppw

I didn't even know there was a Dunlem Mills in Norwich, I only just checked! I was thinking about buying it online. :smile: I wouldn't get sheets from there though, they're a bit expensive but for plates and bowls and stuff, it seems pretty good!
Original post by kpwxx
If you're looking for that, primark also do nice looking bedding sets, may get a little ratty after a couple of years but for the price it's worth it I think!

Also there is a big ASDA in norwich :smile: And a matalan which is good for those kind of things.

xxx

I know this wasn't addressed to me but this is all really good to know! I'm going to take the bare minimum (which will probably fill up a car!) and then buy whatever else I need! :teehee:

Latest