The Student Room Group

AEA June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Is it worth phoning the confirmation hotline to beg for a place now? Had a remark on a psychology module to push my overall grades to A*AA where I am 5 UMS off an A* in fmaths, but I also have a 2 in STEP and a merit in AEA.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by implus
Is it worth phoning the confirmation hotline to beg for a place now? Had a remark on a psychology module to push my overall grades to A*AA where I was 5 UMS off an A* in fmaths, but I also have a 2 in STEP and a merit in AEA.

I expect that all the places will be filled by now as it's been a week now, but it's still worth a try I'd say.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by matt2k8
I expect that all the places will be filled by now as it's been a week now, but it's still worth a try I'd say.

If you make the offer after a remark they're legally obliged to take you.
Reply 343
Original post by Physics Enemy

But I haven't made the offer, I'm 5 UMS off it :frown:

Unless he has an unusual one, he hasn't met the standard offer despite the retake.
Original post by implus
But I haven't made the offer, I'm 5 UMS off it :frown:

You should have remarked Further Maths then.
Reply 346
You should have remarked Further Maths then.

One module is currently being remarked. It was sent off on monday but still hasn't come back yet. Not having any high hopes as maths remarks hardly change. and I NEEDED to remark psychology as I was 1 UMS off an A which is also part of the requirements.
Original post by implus
One module is currently being remarked. It was sent off on monday but still hasn't come back yet. Not having any high hopes as maths remarks hardly change. and I NEEDED to remark psychology as I was 1 UMS off an A which is also part of the requirements.

Remarking 1 module is silly, should have remarked 2/3 to give yourself a chance. Well done with Psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending