The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by diamonddust

Yay! Which accommodation were you in? :smile:

I was in Colman house!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by jelly1000
Yes yes yes!

PS- Am I the only one here who hates Ikea? Bad memories of being dragged their by my parents.

Haha! I always used to pretend the mock up bedrooms were mine and play house while my mum was trying to buy things and they had cool free wooden pencils so I was happy! :colondollar: I kind of hate Argos though, waiting for them to call your number takes forever but it goes slightly faster now you can reserve things! But nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever eclipse the hatred I have for Primark! I know it's supposed to become my new best friend now I'm going to be a poor student but I'd rather wear the same clothes for 3 years straight than shop there. It's my idea of hell! We have a huge one in my area (almost the same size as Oxford Street's Primark) and it's horrible walking past and seeing people grabbing at clothes and leaving some on the ground and the queues are ridiculous. :rant: The thing that annoys me the most is that on the rare occassions I've shopped there I've never found anything and then I'll see someone wearing something nice and they'll tell me it's from Primark (or Primani!) with this proud grin on their face! I'll stop ranting now! :tongue:

I really want to go shopping now!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hellloooo

Just got offered a place in Norfolk Terrace... Standard single.

Im doing Adult Nursing, so just wondering my neighbours will be other nurses?

Also my licence is 44 weeks long, is that for all nurses? And when i added up the total (£81.34 x 44) it is £90 less than my total rent... what is this additional charge? :smile:
Original post by tubsymeds
Hellloooo

Just got offered a place in Norfolk Terrace... Standard single.

Im doing Adult Nursing, so just wondering my neighbours will be other nurses?

Also my licence is 44 weeks long, is that for all nurses? And when i added up the total (£81.34 x 44) it is £90 less than my total rent... what is this additional charge? :smile:

Your licence won't be exactly 44 weeks long. We actually chage you on a nightly rate rather than a weekly one so your rate will be (and I think this right for the Adult Nursing students in Norfolk) 314 nights x £11.62 per night. Total: £3648.68

Your booking is actually 44 weeks and few (6 I think) days long.

Hope this clears it up.
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Your licence won't be exactly 44 weeks long. We actually chage you on a nightly rate rather than a weekly one so your rate will be (and I think this right for the Adult Nursing students in Norfolk) 314 nights x £11.62 per night. Total: £3648.68

Your booking is actually 44 weeks and few (6 I think) days long.

Hope this clears it up.

Brilliant, thank you!!!!

Will my neighbours be on the same course???

Also, i just wondered about mini fridges, i am a gym addict so I need a good diet with lots of food, so im sure that part of the fridge in the kitchen wouldnt be enough room for me. So can i bring a mini fridge ?
Original post by diamonddust
Haha! I always used to pretend the mock up bedrooms were mine and play house while my mum was trying to buy things and they had cool free wooden pencils so I was happy! :colondollar: I kind of hate Argos though, waiting for them to call your number takes forever but it goes slightly faster now you can reserve things! But nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever eclipse the hatred I have for Primark! I know it's supposed to become my new best friend now I'm going to be a poor student but I'd rather wear the same clothes for 3 years straight than shop there. It's my idea of hell! We have a huge one in my area (almost the same size as Oxford Street's Primark) and it's horrible walking past and seeing people grabbing at clothes and leaving some on the ground and the queues are ridiculous. :rant: The thing that annoys me the most is that on the rare occassions I've shopped there I've never found anything and then I'll see someone wearing something nice and they'll tell me it's from Primark (or Primani!) with this proud grin on their face! I'll stop ranting now! :tongue:

I really want to go shopping now!

I hated how confusing it was to get out as well. Plus whenever I wanted to eat in the cafe my Mum would always say no (apart from one time when I had the nicest gravelax)

And yes I hate Primark too, I just can't bare to go somewhere where people have no respect for the clothes. And like you I've never found anything I liked in there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tubsymeds
Brilliant, thank you!!!!

Will my neighbours be on the same course???

Also, i just wondered about mini fridges, i am a gym addict so I need a good diet with lots of food, so im sure that part of the fridge in the kitchen wouldnt be enough room for me. So can i bring a mini fridge ?

Some of your neighbours will be on similar courses and some of them will be on completely different ones. We try to mix people up a bit. In Medical flats like yours half will be from medical courses and half will be from the rest of the university population.

As for the fridge, sorry, but no you can't put one in your room or an extra one in the kitchen.
Just got allocated a TWIN room in Norfolk Terrace. Anyone feeling my slightly disgruntled pain?
Original post by RatherSpiffing
Just got allocated a TWIN room in Norfolk Terrace. Anyone feeling my slightly disgruntled pain?

you should be moved within a couple of weeks of the start of term so it wont be for long
I was under the impression that they wouldn't start handing out accommodation offers until after the deadline? Now I'm at an obvious disadvantage due to the fact that I've had to wait an additional week for my GCSE Maths result. I hope I get my first choice! :frown:
Original post by TheMasterfulChimp
I was under the impression that they wouldn't start handing out accommodation offers until after the deadline? Now I'm at an obvious disadvantage due to the fact that I've had to wait an additional week for my GCSE Maths result. I hope I get my first choice! :frown:

You won't be, as they allocate a few from each hall, rather than allocating everyone in a particular hall. Therefore they should still have spaces in each type of hall.
Reply 2371

If you want to change your room then you'll be given priority to move once you're there. I have a friend who was allocated a Suffolk Terrace twin room last year and was in campus ensuite by the second week if I remember correctly :smile: Fret not! The perk is, he stayed really good friends with the people in his first flat in ST so it kinda worked out in his favour in the long run, ended up with a really good group of friends from both flats.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2372

Yeah i just got a twin room in Suffolk. Bit disappointed at first but hey at least its cheap.

If we do get moved do we still pay the price of a twin room or do we pay the price of the room we are moved to?
Reply 2373
Original post by ignppw
I Ikea...wish there was one in/close to Norwich. Oh well, I'll survive. It looks like I'll have alot of other good options. I'll probably spend like 2 days checking the websites and comparing prices so I'll know what to get where...I'm a planner like that. :innocent:
My very limited knowledge on the workings of public transport should make my first couple weeks of shopping pretty interesting, too. :colondollar:

Don't worry you soon get used to it! I come from a small town with little option for public transport so I was't used to it but am now completely fine :smile:

It's easy to tell where your stop is as well for campus and shopping because campus is just obvious since you recognise it and town is obvious because there are lots of shops and the whole bus suddenly evacuates!

Original post by makingamemory
I shall join you with that one kinda, as it's going to be so weird having to pay for the bus/not having an oyster card. Plus the woman who tells you what each stop is called so you can go into your own world until you hear your stop. Man I'm gonna miss london transport, at least the buses are frequent in Norwich. My friends going to a uni in Wales (cant remember which one) and his last bus is around 11ish and the service isnt frequent at all.
I can't wait to explore Norwich though :biggrin:

LOL I shall! Nah I'll have to I always end up wearing the same old things then get annoyed if they're in the wash. What are the opening/closing times of the laundrette?
Lidl does homewear? I thought it was just food.

I'll let my sister drive me for a big shop/anything heavy/fragile, but my plan is that if I get as much as possible on my own it prevents my mum from going overboard!

Still no offer :frown: Is this karma for only filling out the form like 2 weeks ago? haha (I was 99% sure I wouldn't get in!!)

There is a 24hr laundrette on campus, then others which are open something like 9-5 at the med centre (bit nearer to campus ensuite) and in the village. Though I visited the village one in the evening because I saw it with the door open, the lights on and the machines working, so I presume they sometimes leave it?

xxx
Original post by kpwxx

Original post by kpwxx
There is a 24hr laundrette on campus, then others which are open something like 9-5 at the med centre (bit nearer to campus ensuite) and in the village. Though I visited the village one in the evening because I saw it with the door open, the lights on and the machines working, so I presume they sometimes leave it?

xxx

nah iirc the village one is open from 6:30 to 11:30pm or something :dontknow: Definitely not 9-5 :nah:
Reply 2375
Original post by kpwxx

xxx

The med centre laundrette is 24 hour too, you just need a campus card to get in between certain hours at night, possibly after 7.30 I think. I always did laundry at ludicrous hours of the night so I know it definitely didn't close at 5 anyway :p:
Reply 2376
Paston house! :biggrin: (Not got the same ring as victory house has it? :tongue:)

Premium ensuite so now my rent is waaay more than im getting on my loan (Which they've messed up anyway and refuse to accept it)
Reply 2377
I'm in for Browne House, anyone else?
Reply 2378
To accept this offer, is it literally just my Student ID and my name in the email?
Reply 2379
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
nah iirc the village one is open from 6:30 to 11:30pm or something :dontknow: Definitely not 9-5 :nah:

Original post by Lucyyy
The med centre laundrette is 24 hour too, you just need a campus card to get in between certain hours at night, possibly after 7.30 I think. I always did laundry at ludicrous hours of the night so I know it definitely didn't close at 5 anyway :p:

Now you mention it maybe it wasn't 9-5... >< I know that the street one was def only the 24 hr when I was there though (post-LCR hang out?!) but that could have changed, or maybe they just leave them open even though they're meant to be closed.

Thinking even more I think I walked to the village after skins once so must have been about half 11 and the laundrette had JUST closed, but could still get in, so half 11 sounds pretty accurate. And 9 wouldn't make much sense as people may need to do it before lectures.

Sorry!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending