The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabrina14
Yeeeeee i dont mind cooking just don't know whether it'd be cheaper... and like if times get tight at least you know you've got at least a meal!

Thats true. If you go for option A you're paying the equivalent of £4.15 a day for £5.50 worth of food (which is quite a bit of food!)

However you have between half 5 and half 7 to get that food and some of it isn't amazing if I'm honest (personal opinion). It's much cheaper to buy your own. I managed £20 food for 2 weeks before. And £15-20 a week on food would get you some pretty decent home cooked meals, and you don't need to leave the house.

It's up to you. Like you say it's nice to know you have a decent meal there if times do get hard but I don't know if it cheaper in the long run. It designed more with those living in college accommodation in mind, but is available to everyone if people would like it
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by taliman
Does freshers start 19th September?

Well, move in weekend is 17th Sept so they have events from the 17th onwards.
I wouldn't bother with the meal deal, especially if you have an actual kitchen by living in Parkwood. The food would get so samey after a few weeks in my opinion. :rolleyes: Loz also made a good point it being a trek..
Reply 1503
After looking at the first post, it seems as I'm the first person here that's doing Computer Science :smile: I'm really looking forward to it.
Is anyone staying in Grimshill court in parkwood??
Reply 1505
Original post by Sc0ttC22
After looking at the first post, it seems as I'm the first person here that's doing Computer Science :smile: I'm really looking forward to it.

Im also doing computer science :smile: are you doing the year in industry? :biggrin:
Reply 1506
Yeah I will be doing the year in industry :smile: You got Facebook?
Reply 1507
Guess I should put my hand up for Computer Science with a year in industry too :smile:
Reply 1508
Original post by Tomme
Guess I should put my hand up for Computer Science with a year in industry too :smile:

Sweet! You got Facebook? Would be good to know some people before I go there lol
Reply 1509
Sweet! You got Facebook? Would be good to know some people before I go there lol

Yeah i have facebook :smile: http://www.facebook.com/rufus.honour please put 'tsr - computer science' in if your adding me because otherwise i won't accept because i don't want to start adding some real random people haha :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by achristie
Is anyone staying in Grimshill court in parkwood??

Yo. There's a load of us in a facebook discussion over here LINKY
Reply 1511

PMed or whatever that stupid profile message thing is on this website.

Original post by intox123
Yeah i have facebook :smile: http://www.facebook.com/rufus.honour please put 'tsr - computer science' in if your adding me because otherwise i won't accept because i don't want to start adding some real random people haha :biggrin:

Added :smile:
Reply 1512
If this is turning into the Computer Science with a Year in Industry thread then I can join in too XD
Reply 1513
Original post by Zakkers
If this is turning into the Computer Science with a Year in Industry thread then I can join in too XD

Haha found like nobody doing cs, now everyone is! :smile: awesome! haha :biggrin:
CS is taking over the thread - humanities people; over-whelm them!
Original post by Blazara
CS is taking over the thread - humanities people; over-whelm them!

Noooo, don't overwhelm us humanities people!
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Noooo, don't overwhelm us humanities people!

"Muauaha you shall be buried under piles of textbooks".
Original post by Tomme

Im also doing computer science :smile: are you doing the year in industry? :biggrin:

Original post by Tomme

Original post by Zakkers

Haha found like nobody doing cs, now everyone is! :smile: awesome! haha :biggrin:

Like intox said, you guys are all of a just sudden popping up!
Reply 1518
Original post by shanaynay
Like intox said, you guys are all of a just sudden popping up!

We lurk in the depths ready to pounce when we are needed :colone:
Original post by Blazara
"Muauaha you shall be buried under piles of textbooks".

Noooo :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending