The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RachelPNE
Anybody that hasnt heard ... have you checked on spider? I didnt get an email but my room offer was on there. I got Dale Hall ... my first choice. I went for that because i was told that as a first year student i wouldnt have priority for self-catered/en-suite rooms. Not a big deal for me ... im a bad cook and a guarenteed 2 meals a day is quite reassuring. Also in Dale Hall its 2 rooms to a bathroom so its not too bad and i shouldt have to wait for the bathroom. Im happy with what i got now just gotta pay my deposit and buy my bus pass ... anyone got the discount code for arriva yet? :smile: x

I think I know but in case Im wrong, whats 'spider'? :L
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
I applied on the 19th and haven't heard anything yet, but my 2 of my choices were self catered and 1 was catered ensuite, and I've now got an automated email (and it says when you call the contact number) that there are no self catered or ensuite rooms available.. I'll be happy with a catered room but I haven't gotten an offer yet! :| When they get to looking at my application will they give me an offer of catered? or assume I don't want catered? Should I change my choices to catered options, or will that mean I have to resubmit it and put me at the bottom of the pile? :|
Reply 382
Spider is theweb page you used to apply for accomodation ... the one where you log in with student ID and PIN ... if there is no self catered left and you havent been offered any of your choices then i assume they will offer you another option probably catered on either greenbank or carnatic as these are the sites where most first years are. Failing that you may be offered private accomodation from the uni as they may have run out of places. This isnt a disaster as i have heard that private accomodation is much nicer than the official uni halls. I wouldnt bother changing your choices as this could mess up your application and make everything even slower. Was UoL your firm choice? x
Yeah I thought thats what it was, I've been checking that cos it took me ages to get my Liverpool confirmation email after I was confirmed.
I'm really hoping for a catered place at greenbank or carnatic, I really don't want private accommodation... partly because I'll have to pay for out of term times as well as term times, and because I'll have to pay for utilities and internet etc, but mostly because I don't want to be away from all the other first years and not be able to meet people and make friends and be separate from that etc.
Liverpool was my insurance choice :/ but I applied the day after results (couldn't find my student ID at first, luckily it was in an email I'd saved from back in may) x
Reply 384
Awh well all i can do is wish you luck hunn i bet its not nice not having your accomodation yet but im sure even if your not at carnatic or greenbank you wont miss out on too much :smile: im sure they will sort it for you in no time :smile:. And if your too worried give them a ring and ask :smile: x
Original post by tink_89
Hi Dont worry I loved mulberry court. Its right near everything. Only 5-10 minutes walk to town centre. About 2 minutes to the Student union, 3 to the library, 5 minutes to the medical buildings and 10 to the hospital.
Theres quite a few shops around, little corner shops and loads of tesco express/metros. Theres a laundrette on site, the porters are really helpful. I really enjoyed it there so I really wouldnt panic. In ours we were provided with a microwave but took kettles/toasters. Id wait until you get there for that though because I think some of the flats have kettles and or toasters in and if not theyre only cheap to pick up from asda. Plus we ended up with 3 kettles because a few of us brought them haha.
I love liverpool, being from manchester Ive always been quite skeptical of moving to liverpool (silly rivalry haha) but I really didnt need to, theres loads to do, everyone's really friendly. For nights out everything is close together, something for everyone and its mega cheap in the week. Ive never needed more than 15-20 for a very good night out.
Dont apologize for the questions you wouldnt know otherwise :wink: anything else Id be happy to help where I can :smile:

Hi! I have a bit of a strange question... I was wondering what the bathrooms are like at mulberry court. I managed to get a room with a washbasin which is good but what are the toilets/bathrooms like? how many people share a bathroom? and is there a big rush in the mornings? thanks x :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by georgia246
Hey I'm in McNair this year.. just wondered if you could explain how the numbers work?

Like, B011 - how does that work in terms of flat/room/floor etc?

Thanks!

Your block B room 011
but your missing a number like it should be B1011 the extra 1 would be your floor number and if its G then your ground floor
hope this helps :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by hali0112
Hi! I have a bit of a strange question... I was wondering what the bathrooms are like at mulberry court. I managed to get a room with a washbasin which is good but what are the toilets/bathrooms like? how many people share a bathroom? and is there a big rush in the mornings? thanks x :smile:

In mine we had 3 bathrooms between 8 of us so realllly good. One of them was a toilet and a shower, one was just a toilet and the third was a bath and toilet. I was always out of the flat a lot earlier than everyone else but from what I heard there were no probs with people fighting over the shower etc :smile: made me realise its not always worth paying extra for ensuite because we never really had to wait for the bathroom etc :smile: and not a silly question Id be just as keen to know :smile: x
Reply 388
Hi,
Does anyone know what the bathrooms are like at D&R? Are they similar to the above post i.e. one with a toilet and shower (i hope so). Also how far is it from the city centre?

Thanks in advance :smile:
So stressed out today. Checked my accom app this morning and found I have 'no current application', panic stricken I called the Uni only to find that no uni owned S/C halls are left, the top 400 applicants for S/C will today be referred to (now Liverpool Uni reserved) rooms in Grand Central at £116 a week, S**t thats £100 more a month than my other room choices! :frown: Failing that people will be offered catered off campus halls.

Anyone know anything about Grand Central?
Reply 390
Original post by Ree-Shay
Hi,
Does anyone know what the bathrooms are like at D&R? Are they similar to the above post i.e. one with a toilet and shower (i hope so). Also how far is it from the city centre?

Thanks in advance :smile:

As far as I remember, there's a toilet/sink and a seperate shower at both ends of the corridor, they're cleaned Mon-Fri and they're just what you need. Can't remember anyone moaning about queueing for showers, as everyones on different timetables.

It's a 15-20 minute bus ride to Uni (on the 699) and a 20 minute bus ride to town(on the 86), though the 699 goes into town at evenings/weekends
Reply 391
Original post by ziggyissocute
So stressed out today. Checked my accom app this morning and found I have 'no current application', panic stricken I called the Uni only to find that no uni owned S/C halls are left, the top 400 applicants for S/C will today be referred to (now Liverpool Uni reserved) rooms in Grand Central at £116 a week, S**t thats £100 more a month than my other room choices! :frown: Failing that people will be offered catered off campus halls.

The self catered halls were £80-90 a week so really not much more ... im payin 114 in catered at dale hall. Every1 was informed at open days etc that as first years we didnt have priority for self catered or en suite as priority went to second yrs families and international students.
Reply 392

im at grand central and u can have a room with ensuite and a kitchen (studio room) for £133 which is fantastic! its really good location and a really nice place aswel :smile:
I've applied with my 1st and 2nd choices SC, and my 3rd choice C Ensuite, but obviously I know now I wont get any of those, so I want a catered off campus (ie greenbank or carnatic) place, not a grand central place.... should I ring up and say that? I've tried ringing up but every time they play that message about how they don't have time and only get connected to an advisor if its not about room allocation and is urgent I feel like mine is about room allocation and isn't urgent and hang up cos I don't want to waste their time :L
Reply 394
Original post by IsabelMurray
I've applied with my 1st and 2nd choices SC, and my 3rd choice C Ensuite, but obviously I know now I wont get any of those, so I want a catered off campus (ie greenbank or carnatic) place, not a grand central place.... should I ring up and say that? I've tried ringing up but every time they play that message about how they don't have time and only get connected to an advisor if its not about room allocation and is urgent I feel like mine is about room allocation and isn't urgent and hang up cos I don't want to waste their time :L

lol i hung up quite a few times too, but once you get through they're really nice, regardless of the subject.
Original post by Ree-Shay
lol i hung up quite a few times too, but once you get through they're really nice, regardless of the subject.

Thats good :smile: so if I called up saying how I'd applied for self catered but would be happy with catered and should I change my application or leave it and will I be offered self catered, they won't bite my head off for not listening to the automated message? :P
Ok so I just rang up and they said they're dealing with applications made in June/July right now, and then they'll make their way to ones made in August, and once they've allocated all those places they'll have a better idea of whether or not there will be places for insurance choices (me :P ) and that they should get to that around the middle of next week, so feel free to call up next wednesday or thursday.
Idk whether thats reassuring or not :/ I hope I get an accommodation place!
Reply 397
I'm at The Railyard, it wasn't any of my choices, never even heard of it !! bit gutted coz i wanted to be with all the first years at derby and rathbone "/ buuuut the rooms do look nicer. Anybody going there or know much about it :smile: ? x

Have you had a weird email from Grand Central asking for all sorts of details?
xXx
Reply 399
If anyone is still homeless or unhappy with the halls they have been given, I still have rooms available in a private house.
The rent is 72 per week including all bills, nicely furnished and modern, and only a 10 minute walk to the university. If anyone is interested, or would like to find out more information you can email me at [email protected], or private message me.

Cheers,

Arran

Quick Reply

Latest